2.3/143 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Patriot1208

Platinum

Re: 2.3/143

Post by Patriot1208 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:33 am

dr123 wrote:
lawbound2014 wrote:I live in New York and have numerous family members who are nurses. As far as I know the starting salary is roughly 65k, many nurses make over 100k with overtime and I am not talking about nurses with a masters degree.
key word IN NEW YORK, nurses i know in my region, start at more like 35-40k
Don't you live in the middle of nowhere? In the Columbus, OH area they start around 50k. And, I think that midwestern cities like columbus or indianapolis are usually pretty indicative of a nationwide average.

supernervous

New

Post by supernervous » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:28 pm

Hello,

Sorry so many folks on here are really cut throat and not really empathetic. My suggestion is taking a year off to work and to study for the LSAT and retake it for fall 2012. I know you may feel anxious and want to start right away but I believe you have a better shot at going to law school if you can bring your LSAT score up to at least an average score. Best of luck, please keep me posted.

General Tso

Gold

Post by General Tso » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:48 pm

supernervous wrote:Hello,

Sorry so many folks on here are really cut throat and not really empathetic. My suggestion is taking a year off to work and to study for the LSAT and retake it for fall 2012. I know you may feel anxious and want to start right away but I believe you have a better shot at going to law school if you can bring your LSAT score up to at least an average score. Best of luck, please keep me posted.
with a 2.3 they are going to need a 165+ to get into any decent schools (or get good $$$ from bad schools).

bearsfan1

Bronze

Post by bearsfan1 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:38 am

sxleans wrote:It will cover 100% of tuition and a monthly housing allowance. I was really hoping for more constructive criticsm from people with such high GPA's, but I guess this is one of those websites where smart losers go to dump on people so they can feel better about themselves. Maybe I should become a counselor then I can help all of these people that replied to my post. I will start now...
I'm sorry your mom locked you in a closet and now you determine a persons worth based on grades. Just because people are good at taking tests doesn't mean that they aren't lazy, or crazy, or devoid of common sense. For example, look the replies I got from you Neanderthals.
Are you sure it doesn't cover 100% tuition up to $250 a credit hour? That's what the post 9/11 MGIB covers so unless you're using some new MGIB, you really need to read the fine print.

Edit: It also depends on what state you're attending so it might not be $250 a credit hour. The MGIB covers the cost of tuition equal to the highest tuition from any public university in the state that you are attending school. If you go to a private school, there is a cap of like $18000. There is no way in hell that your gi bill covers 100% of law school tuition. This person is a flame or very misled about the benefits he/she is supposed to receive.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”