deleted

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
User avatar
iwanta170
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:27 pm

deleted

Postby iwanta170 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:47 pm

Deleted*

Thanks for the advice
Last edited by iwanta170 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Kchuck
Posts: 188
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:49 am

Re: Can I apply ED to UVa twice, same cycle??

Postby Kchuck » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:49 pm

nope

User avatar
iwanta170
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Can I apply ED to UVa twice, same cycle??

Postby iwanta170 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:53 pm

.
Last edited by iwanta170 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Kchuck
Posts: 188
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:49 am

Re: Can I apply ED to UVa twice, same cycle??

Postby Kchuck » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:55 pm

Yes. If you are/were waitlisted why would you possibly be allowed to submit another application? UVA will get your updated GPA from LSAC, if it makes a big enough difference you will be taken off the waitlist.

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: Can I apply ED to UVa twice, same cycle??

Postby Sandro » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:56 pm

If your file has already been reviewed and put on the Waiting List, it doesnt seem to make too much sense that you could apply again... you could email them a LOCI with your gpa increase, although I doubt a .02 increase would cause them to view your application any differently.

User avatar
AreJay711
Posts: 3406
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Can I apply ED to UVa twice, same cycle??

Postby AreJay711 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:57 pm

Why don't you retake? That would probably help you the most

User avatar
stratocophic
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: Can I apply ED to UVa twice, same cycle??

Postby stratocophic » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:58 pm

You might be able to appeal due to the change. Pretty sure some schools allow this for new LSAT scores, I don't see why this should be different. Check it out and give it a try or retake & reapply next year.

User avatar
iwanta170
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Can I apply ED to UVa twice, same cycle??

Postby iwanta170 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:00 pm

.
Last edited by iwanta170 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: Can I apply ED to UVa twice, same cycle??

Postby Sandro » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:12 pm

You've done all you can do. Chill out.

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: Can I apply ED to UVa twice, same cycle??

Postby Sandro » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:13 pm

stratocophic wrote:You might be able to appeal due to the change. Pretty sure some schools allow this for new LSAT scores, I don't see why this should be different. Check it out and give it a try or retake & reapply next year.


I could be wrong but isnt appealing only for rejection decisions in light of new lsat/gpa ? When you get waitlisted the school should get your gpa/LSAT score automatically and make their decision based off that, no need to appeal the waitlist...

User avatar
stratocophic
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: Can I apply ED to UVa twice, same cycle??

Postby stratocophic » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:14 pm

iwanta170 wrote:I figured since I'm a resident and now above a median I have more value to them.

I've taken it 3 times (Cancel, 165, 161) so a retake is not an option.

I already sent them a LOCI indicating my GPA change and a LSAT addendum, both within the past few weeks. They basically said "Thanks we'll add this to your file."

Should I try calling them to ask if I can send in another ED agreement or something, or would that just annoy them?
Fight for it if you want it. The ED thing might make a difference. They basically don't take people off the WL, worst they can do is blacklist you or something, which doesn't worsen your situation at this point. If you're a resident and they won't let you switch to ED, reapply next year w/ an ED app early on. Just what I'd do if I was dead-set on going to UVA in your situation.
Sandro777 wrote:
stratocophic wrote:You might be able to appeal due to the change. Pretty sure some schools allow this for new LSAT scores, I don't see why this should be different. Check it out and give it a try or retake & reapply next year.

I could be wrong but isnt appealing only for rejection decisions in light of new lsat/gpa ? When you get waitlisted the school should get your gpa/LSAT score automatically and make their decision based off that, no need to appeal the waitlist...

OP's GPA is different now. What's the point of being able to appeal if they go through the same process for you?

User avatar
esq
Posts: 571
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:59 pm

Re: Can I apply ED to UVa twice, same cycle??

Postby esq » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:20 pm

If they have already weighed your value, I agree that a .02 increase isn't going to affect anything. Also, if you've already notified them of the change, leave it at that - you don't want them to discover your OCD do you?

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: Can I apply ED to UVa twice, same cycle??

Postby Sandro » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:27 pm

stratocophic wrote:
iwanta170 wrote:I figured since I'm a resident and now above a median I have more value to them.

I've taken it 3 times (Cancel, 165, 161) so a retake is not an option.

I already sent them a LOCI indicating my GPA change and a LSAT addendum, both within the past few weeks. They basically said "Thanks we'll add this to your file."

Should I try calling them to ask if I can send in another ED agreement or something, or would that just annoy them?
Fight for it if you want it. The ED thing might make a difference. They basically don't take people off the WL, worst they can do is blacklist you or something, which doesn't worsen your situation at this point. If you're a resident and they won't let you switch to ED, reapply next year w/ an ED app early on. Just what I'd do if I was dead-set on going to UVA in your situation.
Sandro777 wrote:
stratocophic wrote:You might be able to appeal due to the change. Pretty sure some schools allow this for new LSAT scores, I don't see why this should be different. Check it out and give it a try or retake & reapply next year.

I could be wrong but isnt appealing only for rejection decisions in light of new lsat/gpa ? When you get waitlisted the school should get your gpa/LSAT score automatically and make their decision based off that, no need to appeal the waitlist...

OP's GPA is different now. What's the point of being able to appeal if they go through the same process for you?


If you are rejected they will not even see your new LSAT / GPA, hence why you would appeal the decision. Some schools dont even do this. When you are put on a Waiting list it means your application is not bad enough to be rejected but not good enough to warrant admission for right now. Many people take the LSAT/have their GPAs go up while on the waiting list - some might be offered admission based on those changes, some might now. There is no reason to "appeal" a waitlist decision. The OP is in the same situation as many people who are waitlisted and get a better GPA/LSAT and the schools will see those changes.

There is nothing to "appeal" - the OP's application was placed on a waiting list and if his application changes the school will know about it and decide if it warrants getting off the WL/moving up the WL.

User avatar
iwanta170
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Can I apply ED to UVa twice, same cycle??

Postby iwanta170 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:33 pm

.
Last edited by iwanta170 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: Can I apply ED to UVa twice, same cycle??

Postby Sandro » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:10 pm

iwanta170 wrote:True, I just thought it'd show my continued commitment. Maybe they're not letting in anyone off the waitlist until summer since they aren't sure of these people's interest anymore.


I think applying ED shows your commitment since with your #s you could probably get $$$ elsewhere. You've done all you can do right now, maybe a visit could help.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests