170/3.76 CCN, Penn, Berkeley

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

170/3.76 CCN, Penn, Berkeley

Postby hjag » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:55 am

Hi all,

My stats are 3.76 in science major and a 170 LSAT. I applied early January.
I took philosophy courses all through college, and in my PS I discussed why I want to jump into IP law.

My main softs are: honors thesis, quite a bit of biomedical research experience, and honor council.

I would like to say my recs should be good since I got my thesis advisor, a med school prof, to write one. He said he would make it anecdotal. My other recommender is a prof who taught a small philosophy seminar that I was pretty actively engaged in.
Then again, I'm sure everyone thinks they have good recs... lol.

I'm thinking I'm on the borderline for Columbia. Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks!!

Re: 170/3.76 CCN, Penn, Berkeley

Postby viking138 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:01 am

I think you would have been borderline Columbia much earlier in the cycle but now you're probably a waitlist or so. Berkeley you're probably out...I had a higher GPA and same LSAT and I was rejected there. NYU and Chicago I'm not sure about, depends on how full their classes are. Penn I think you're in, but again, you're applying late in the cycle.

If you don't get into schools you're happy with, strongly consider reapplying next year but in September/October. It could make all the difference in the world for a borderline candidate such as yourself.

Postby NorCalBruin » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:27 pm

Did you write a berkeley specific PS (that is, was it closer to 4 pages than 2) and/or a "Why Berkeley" essay? They seem to care about those things. I doubt you'll get Berkeley with that GPA, but it's still worth a shot if you do the above.

Postby Sentry » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:25 pm

WL-out at all of CCN.
Penn and Berkeley are a toss up.

Return to “What are my chances?”