3+, 170+, ED UVA

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

This late in cycle, 3+ and 171

In at UVa ED
40%
WL
40%
Out
20%

Total votes: 10

trudat15

3+, 170+, ED UVA

Postby trudat15 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:42 am

So I know consensus is 3+ and 170+ is pretty much auto admit ED UVa (I think). Does this apply even when applying this late in the cycle? My GF just submitted her ED app now, and wondering what her chances might be. I would hate for her to wait a cycle, but want her to get into the best school possible at this point.

Plan was to double dip UVa and Georgetown ED, since they're the only ones left with ED chances.

SupraVln180

Re: 3+, 170+, ED UVA

Postby SupraVln180 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:13 am

trudat15 wrote:So I know consensus is 3+ and 170+ is pretty much auto admit ED UVa (I think). Does this apply even when applying this late in the cycle? My GF just submitted her ED app now, and wondering what her chances might be. I would hate for her to wait a cycle, but want her to get into the best school possible at this point.

Plan was to double dip UVa and Georgetown ED, since they're the only ones left with ED chances.

This cycle it hasn't been auto-admit, I know a kid who was 3.5/170 and got straight up dinged from UVa ED, and this was early in the cycle. Your GF has a good shot, don't get me wrong, but you can't bet the bank on it. Also, you can still ED to Georgetown?

trudat15

Re: 3+, 170+, ED UVA

Postby trudat15 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:45 am

SupraVln180 wrote:
trudat15 wrote:So I know consensus is 3+ and 170+ is pretty much auto admit ED UVa (I think). Does this apply even when applying this late in the cycle? My GF just submitted her ED app now, and wondering what her chances might be. I would hate for her to wait a cycle, but want her to get into the best school possible at this point.

This cycle it hasn't been auto-admit, I know a kid who was 3.5/170 and got straight up dinged from UVa ED, and this was early in the cycle. Your GF has a good shot, don't get me wrong, but you can't bet the bank on it. Also, you can still ED to Georgetown?

Yeah , Gtown has same policy as UVa (can ED up until deadline). Hmm, I better go into the numbers for ED this year. Concerns me that your friend got dinged, when in the past it usually has been a sure thing.

Thanks for the info.

Return to “What are my chances?”