173/3.6 Feeling late in the cycle. Any thoughts?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
kwais

173/3.6 Feeling late in the cycle. Any thoughts?

Postby kwais » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:47 pm

I am going crazy sitting here rationalizing every different scenario of acceptances/$/rejections. I thought I'd enlist the knowledge base that is TLS.

I am 27. I graduated from big state UG a few weeks ago. I have a 3.6 LSDAS and a 3.95 at my degree-granting institutions (6 semesters). I got a few bad grades, 9 years ago in my freshman year. I took time off in between to travel, work and play music. I think my PS is above average, my LORs are solid. I have sustained and interesting WE. I got a 163 in October and a 173 in December. I have LSAC fee waivers so I applied to about 18 schools. Best school here in current location (ranked in the 40s), a few in the 20s and 30s (Fordham and UNC) and then most of the top 18 schools (minus UCicago, Northwestern and Mich).

My question is, what are my chances for acceptances and money (not, LSN chances, but qualitative, anecdotal, timing-in-the-cycle chances) and, if I get a large amount of rejections, should I reapply early next cycle?

thanks in advance
(I know a lot of people post these types of questions and some people get pissed. If you are one of those people, stop reading and click the back button on your browser)

Sentry

Re: 173/3.6 Feeling late in the cycle. Any thoughts?

Postby Sentry » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:52 pm

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/Sentry

That's my LSN. We have similar #s although I applied early in the cycle. Also, I don't know how much your retake is going to affect your cycle.

Forgot to add I would advise you to wait and reapply early next cycle. I think an early app gives you a decent shot at CCN or one of MVP with 45-67k.

kwais

Re: 173/3.6 Feeling late in the cycle. Any thoughts?

Postby kwais » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:56 pm

Thanks. I would love to get $ at a school like Michigan. I just hope there is still $ out there

Return to “What are my chances?”