Retake

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
BrownBears09

Re: Possible splitter?

Postby BrownBears09 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:36 pm

patrickd139 wrote:
BrownBears09 wrote:
bk1 wrote:
BrownBears09 wrote:I never said the EV was positive, lol.

I know. You were just being an annoying ass by bothering to bring it up.

Your attempt at straw manning a legitimate fact was probably more annoying tbh.

Fan of the term 'straw-man,' eh champ?

A spade's a spade, chief.

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:42 pm

Retake. And if you don't want to retake/hear the truth, try finding another forum that will hold your hand and pat you softly on the head while you waste away at some T2/3.

nodummy

Postby nodummy » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:44 pm

1,000 posts? Who are you people? There's life offline, ya know...

nodummy

Postby nodummy » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:45 pm

nodummy wrote:1,000 posts? Who are you people? There's life offline, ya know...

Not only that...1100 in like six months...pretty sad display of humanity

bk1

Postby bk1 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:45 pm

Really?

Shit, I thought that the offline stuff was dreaming and that TLS and WoW were actual reality. My whole world has been turned upside down...

Curry

Postby Curry » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:46 pm

nodummy wrote:

or... an obsession with getting into ls. maybe you should try it

bk1

Postby bk1 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:46 pm

nodummy wrote:

Congrats on that high horse you have there. So I'm guessing you didn't actually want legitimate advice and instead came here to get your bad life decisions validated?

nodummy

Postby nodummy » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:48 pm

curryinaninstant wrote:
nodummy wrote:

"an obsession with getting into ls?"

yeah, posting in this thread is helping his chances quite a bit. and im sure it's not his first time throwing around pointless information. same to you, pal

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:49 pm

nodummy wrote:

yeah bro, this totally legitimizes your shitty GPA/LSAT score/law school prospects/future career. Good luck at Stetson!

Patriot1208

Postby Patriot1208 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:49 pm

What's funny, is quite a few of the people I know with the highest post counts also have the most active social lives. They, often, just like to be social in a lot of different ways. Plus, there are tons of TLS hookups. TLS is akin to adultfriendfinder.com half the time.
Last edited by Patriot1208 on Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nodummy

Postby nodummy » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:49 pm

bk1 wrote:
nodummy wrote:

Congrats on that high horse you have there. So I'm guessing you didn't actually want legitimate advice and instead came here to get your bad life decisions validated?

Thanks. Yeah, pretty much but it's not working out.

weejonbu

Postby weejonbu » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:55 pm

nodummy wrote:
curryinaninstant wrote:
nodummy wrote:

yeah, posting in this thread is helping his chances quite a bit. and im sure it's not his first time throwing around pointless information. same to you, pal

do you realize how self-defeating these retarded remarks are every single time you make another post?

Postby 09042014 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:56 pm

Patriot1208 wrote:

What's funny, is quite a few of the people I know with the highest post counts also have the most active social lives. They, often, just like to be social in a lot of different ways. Plus, there are tons of TLS hookups. TLS is akin to adultfriendfinder.com half the time.

The TLS hookup rate is disgustingly high.

LSATWIZ

Re: Retake

Postby LSATWIZ » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:57 pm

I don't know what your numbers are, but if they're 3.0 and 164, you can get into an okay school. If you are really talented at law, do well in school and don't care about big law, you can be just as successful as somebody who gets a 180.

A lot of people on this website advise retaking because they are more practical than blindly confident, and want a certain level of starting salary to be the norm rather than the exception.

What are your numbers?

As per these threads, helping people get into law school, sometimes the advise to retake is something one would not do (assuming 90th percentile is great as it likely puts them ahead of their friends and the vast majority of people they meet who took the LSAT), and can greatly help them and their career. These forums are a self-selecting group so if you're the kind of person who plays better when you're with people better than you, they can be very helpful. If you like being better than those around you, they are very destructive.

Curry

Postby Curry » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:58 pm

nodummy wrote:
curryinaninstant wrote:
nodummy wrote:

Retake is not pointless information. Its credited information. Information we gathered by visiting this site and being told this over and over again until we understood WHY it was being said. We posted in your thread because we want to give back to the community that has helped us out and played a large role in helping us get to the law schools we want to get to. He gets nothing out of posting in "your thread" except the satisfaction that he's helping another person. If you act like a complete fucktard in response, don't expect the rest of us to sit here and take it. We've told you why your initial question is stupid. We gave you the alternative. We explained to you the alternative. We put up with your bullshit about "not wanting to retake" but now, when you start insulting us for trying to show you a path that you don't want to see, you cross a line. You can be as big of a smartass as you want; there are people here who were in your shoes who listened and ended up with much higher scores, got into better law schools, and ended up with better job prospects. And there are those that regret not listening to the advice posted here and are regretting taking on the JD because it literally was a waste of their time. Now, normally I would say this with much more kindness but if you don't want our advice, and lets face it, most of the legitimate advice you are going to get is from the people posting all the time, please get the fuck off.

NorCalBruin

Postby NorCalBruin » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:58 pm

Imagine yourself as an admissions officer.

Would you want to admit you? If you were picking between qualified candidates do you think that your GPA and LSAT demonstrate that you can succeed in law school? If you are an admissions officer, would you really think that your own scores are admit worthy or scholarship worthy? I doubt it. I think, upon reflection, that even you wouldn't want to admit YOURSLEF. I wouldn't admit me with those scores if I was an adcomm.

Now think about the schools that will admit you anyway. What kind of school is that? What does that say about that school? Is that really the type of school you want to be a part of? Are those really the type of people you want to surround yourself with? You really want to be surrounded with other students who don't do well in class or can only muster an above-par LSAT score. I doubt it.

I'm not knocking TTT totally and calling everyone who attends one an idiot. There are rare situations in which it might make sense for a very small, limited number of people to go there, even in this economy. And I'm not trying to sound entitled. I just can't see anyone, yourself included, desiring to attend just any school that will take them.

Postby 09042014 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:58 pm

Retake college.

NorCalBruin

Postby NorCalBruin » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:00 pm

His numbers were lower, but I dont remember they've been deleted. Someone remember?

bk1

Postby bk1 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:01 pm

Desert Fox wrote:Retake college.

Fuck, I wish I could do this.

Curry

Postby Curry » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:02 pm

bk1 wrote:

I wish I could retake high school. I wouldn't have tried nearly as hard and would have done well at a TTT undergrad.

Postby 09042014 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:02 pm

bk1 wrote:

I'd be enjoying Harvard if I could. FML.

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:03 pm

curryinaninstant wrote:Retake is not pointless information. Its credited information. Information we gathered by visiting this site and being told this over and over again until we understood WHY it was being said. We posted in your thread because we want to give back to the community that has helped us out and played a large role in helping us get to the law schools we want to get to. He gets nothing out of posting in "your thread" except the satisfaction that he's helping another person. If you act like a complete fucktard in response, don't expect the rest of us to sit here and take it. We've told you why your initial question is stupid. We gave you the alternative. We explained to you the alternative. We put up with your bullshit about "not wanting to retake" but now, when you start insulting us for trying to show you a path that you don't want to see, you cross a line. You can be as big of a smartass as you want; there are people here who were in your shoes who listened and ended up with much higher scores, got into better law schools, and ended up with better job prospects. And there are those that regret not listening to the advice posted here and are regretting taking on the JD because it literally was a waste of their time. Now, normally I would say this with much more kindness but if you don't want our advice, and lets face it, most of the legitimate advice you are going to get is from the people posting all the time, please get the fuck off.

+1. Best post ITT.

nodummy

Postby nodummy » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:05 pm

curryinaninstant wrote:Retake is not pointless information. Its credited information. Information we gathered by visiting this site and being told this over and over again until we understood WHY it was being said. We posted in your thread because we want to give back to the community that has helped us out and played a large role in helping us get to the law schools we want to get to. He gets nothing out of posting in "your thread" except the satisfaction that he's helping another person. If you act like a complete fucktard in response, don't expect the rest of us to sit here and take it. We've told you why your initial question is stupid. We gave you the alternative. We explained to you the alternative. We put up with your bullshit about "not wanting to retake" but now, when you start insulting us for trying to show you a path that you don't want to see, you cross a line. You can be as big of a smartass as you want; there are people here who were in your shoes who listened and ended up with much higher scores, got into better law schools, and ended up with better job prospects. And there are those that regret not listening to the advice posted here and are regretting taking on the JD because it literally was a waste of their time. Now, normally I would say this with much more kindness but if you don't want our advice, and lets face it, most of the legitimate advice you are going to get is from the people posting all the time, please get the fuck off.

It's pointless when it answers a question I didnt ask.

Curry

Postby Curry » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:06 pm

nodummy wrote:

It's pointless when it answers a question I didnt ask.

Are you functionally retarded?

bk1

Postby bk1 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:09 pm

nodummy wrote:It's pointless when it answers a question I didnt ask.

If somebody asks "how should I kill myself, hanging or pills?" people are inevitably going to respond with "don't kill yourself."

Sometimes the most helpful response is one to a question you didn't ask.

Return to “What are my chances?”