3.3, 147, whether to retake in Feb or June?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

3.3, 147, whether to retake in Feb or June?

Postby henen001 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:45 am

Pretty much choked on the Dec test and I'm wondering if retaking in February is going to put me too late into the cycle or if I should bite the bullet and retake in June.

Given my distractions are a lot less now than they were when I initially studied, I'm pretty sure I can raise the score between 155-160 so I'm leaning towards a Feb retake. I'm really hoping to avoid retaking in June, I know everyone will say waiting a year is worth it but there are certain family circumstances that would make that tough to do.

Re: 3.3, 147, whether to retake in Feb or June?

Postby 2Serious4Numbers » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:59 am

I would wait, with 155-160 your looking at TTT, maybe t2 if you have a stellar gpa, and it would be best to have a shot at some cash(I'm guessing you arnt loaded to the brim) June is always better for that, but if you can't wait taking it in feb will still get you into some target/safety schools with slow admissions and who have open spots left

Re: 3.3, 147, whether to retake in Feb or June?

Postby ajcollege » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:10 am

Everyone will say waiting until June is worth it because it's the credited response. The LSAT isn't something you can waltz into with a month or two of additional work and improve your score by 8-13 points.

If "certain family circumstances" are currently preventing you from developing your own strategy/timetable for success, you need to rethink your plan to attend a time-intensive law school and time-intensive career.

Return to “What are my chances?”