160/4.0 Question on Financial Aid

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Finalflash013

160/4.0 Question on Financial Aid

Postby Finalflash013 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:44 pm

Before my question, it is worth noting that I am currently a Junior, and plan on retaking the test on June as I feel as though I can improve my score and see no negative consequences in taking it again. I feel as though it'd be a shame to waste my GPA with anything lower than 165. Nevertheless, I am not overly disappointed by this score, as I had been PTing in the 163 range. My question is this:

I feel as though I could get accepted into most tier 3 schools and about half of the tier 2 schools. I live in New Hampshire, and want to attend law school somewhere in New England. I want to be a district attorney in New Hampshire, so I wouldn't mind attending Franklin Pierce/UNH School of Law in Concord. I was wondering if anyone would know what my chances would be at getting financial aid at a lower tier school. If possible, I feel as though I would rather go to a school such as Franklin Pierce for a near full boat than one such as BU or BC with no money given at all (though I doubt I'd get into either of those schools with my current score anyway, but say if I were to get around a 165 on my second exam) What kind of packages do these types of schools usually give and do you think it would be better to attend a 3rd tier school full boat or a 2nd tier school without any money? Would the opportunities opened up by a higher level school counteract the increased savings?

Thanks in advanced.

2Serious4Numbers

Re: 160/4.0 Question on Financial Aid

Postby 2Serious4Numbers » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:48 pm

You will get schollys at most ttt reality schools, but obv I would advise against this. Get your score up - don't waste that great GPA and go t14

ATR

Postby ATR » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:08 pm

2Serious4Numbers wrote:You will get schollys at most ttt reality schools, but obv I would advise against this. Get your score up - don't waste that great GPA and go t14

+1

SupraVln180

Postby SupraVln180 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:18 pm

With a little luck, it is a huge reach but you might be able to nab UVa with ED. It will be tough though. I would suggest retake if you improve even by 3 points, I would say you can definitely get UVa ED or maybe Michigan.

Finalflash013

Postby Finalflash013 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:11 am

Thanks for the input. Hypothetically speaking though, if I get the same grade on my retake, is it worth going to a tier 2 school with no money over a tier 3 school which gives you money? Also, I've heard you should study law in the area you want to practice unless you attend a T14 school. Is that true?

Return to “What are my chances?”