No Word=LOCI?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
DieAntwoord

No Word=LOCI?

Postby DieAntwoord » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:05 am

I have only heard from 4 of the 19 schools I applied to on December the 1st.
Should I write a LOCI?
I'm a AA 178/3.25 and my info is on lawschoolnumbers.

Also, Georgetown has asked for an interview is this a bad sign?

p.s. I'm thinking, the fact that I am a urm and a splitter, is why it is taking so long. Any validity to this.

kazu

Re: No Word=LOCI?

Postby kazu » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:24 am

DieAntwoord wrote:I have only heard from 4 of the 19 schools I applied to on December the 1st.
Should I write a LOCI?

p.s. I'm thinking, the fact that I am a urm and a splitter, is why it is taking so long. Any validity to this.

No.

It's only been a month. Plenty of schools, including Chicago and Columbia, haven't gotten back to any of their RD applicants including those that have applied in September.

Yes, being a URM and a splitter might delay your decisions, but it's too soon to be worrying/sending out LOCIs yet. Save them for later.

DieAntwoord

Postby DieAntwoord » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:00 am

DieAntwoord wrote:I have only heard from 4 of the 19 schools I applied to on December the 1st.
Should I write a LOCI?

Anyone have info on this? I heard it was for borderline applicants. So, i imagine i will not get any shollies and without that I would not go because I have some full-rides to schools ranked a little lower.
I thought I had a better chance at georgetown but I guess i applied pretty late.......

sophia.olive

Postby sophia.olive » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:20 am

Yes, I think it is for borderline applicants. And I heard the interview process takes a long time...

sophia.olive

Postby sophia.olive » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:52 am

Do you have to travel for the interview?

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:53 am

Do not LOCI. It is January and you've only waited a month? Wait until at least March.

Mike12188

Postby Mike12188 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:16 pm

DieAntwoord wrote:
Should I write a LOCI?

Anyone have info on this? I heard it was for borderline applicants. So, i imagine i will not get any shollies and without that I would not go because I have some full-rides to schools ranked a little lower.
I thought I had a better chance at georgetown but I guess i applied pretty late.......

Same GPA/Non-Urm and a 171. Interviewed with GTown and was accepted around Thanksgiving. It is for borderline/splitter applicants. You shouldn't be worried at all. I was asked why law school? Why Gtown? Very laid back

HowdyYall

Postby HowdyYall » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:33 pm

its been a month. you applied later than a lot of people who still havent heard back

kjadkins

Postby kjadkins » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:11 pm

DieAntwoord wrote:
Should I write a LOCI?

I did the G-town interview Thursday night, PM me if you have any questions. But basically at the interview he said that he chose applicants that he wanted to "get to know better"... from my best guess, meaning ones who might not quite have the numbers but who show potential. So that's us URM splitters. lol.

1evilo.aihpos

Postby 1evilo.aihpos » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:48 am

kjadkins wrote:
DieAntwoord wrote:
Should I write a LOCI?

I did the G-town interview Thursday night, PM me if you have any questions. But basically at the interview he said that he chose applicants that he wanted to "get to know better"... from my best guess, meaning ones who might not quite have the numbers but who show potential. So that's us URM splitters. lol.

I think a 178 is someone who has the numbers, despite the GPA. Maybe it is YP.

1evilo.aihpos

Postby 1evilo.aihpos » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:29 am

I heard georgetown interviews in groups, which must be horrible.

kk19131

Postby kk19131 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:42 am

Is that your real LSAT score?

ilovemulch

Postby ilovemulch » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:35 am

piggybacking on OP's Q, what if we applied late sept/early Oct and still haven't heard back from a school that's been giving out acceptances already for about a month (no dings/WLs tho). Would an LOCI be appropriate now?

1evilo.aihpos

Postby 1evilo.aihpos » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:20 am

kk19131 wrote:Is that your real LSAT score?

lol why would one want advice on fake numbers and also create a lawschoolnumbers account for that bad advice?
I find this a little racist,........jk

The real question is why would a Ninja apply to law school.
Last edited by 1evilo.aihpos on Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

1evilo.aihpos

Postby 1evilo.aihpos » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:21 am

ilovemulch wrote:piggybacking on OP's Q, what if we applied late sept/early Oct and still haven't heard back from a school that's been giving out acceptances already for about a month (no dings/WLs tho). Would an LOCI be appropriate now?

I think it depends on the schools, if it is Chicago, Columbia, or Stanford plan on waiting, if others maybe you should start getting nervous/LOCI.

kk19131

Postby kk19131 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:22 am

1evilo.aihpos wrote:
kk19131 wrote:Is that your real LSAT score?

lol why would one want advice on fake numbers and also create a lawschoolnumbers account for that bad advice?
I find this a little racist,........jk

The real question is why would Ninja apply to law school.

I just think that a black man with a 178 LSAT should be far less concerned about his chances... splitter or not.

1evilo.aihpos

Postby 1evilo.aihpos » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:23 am

*well if the urm boost is 7-8 lsat points he can only use 2 of them....the rest get thrown back into the lottery. :lol:

krad

Postby krad » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:27 am

Dude don't sweat. FWIW I applied to 21 schools mid/late Nov and have heard back from 2 (1 of which is my local safety that processed in like 2 weeks).

Hearing nothing is better than hearing a bunch of dings...

ilovemulch

Postby ilovemulch » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:18 pm

1evilo.aihpos wrote:
ilovemulch wrote:piggybacking on OP's Q, what if we applied late sept/early Oct and still haven't heard back from a school that's been giving out acceptances already for about a month (no dings/WLs tho). Would an LOCI be appropriate now?

I think it depends on the schools, if it is Chicago, Columbia, or Stanford plan on waiting, if others maybe you should start getting nervous/LOCI.

NYU...I hope I still have a little time before they start dinging (WL dont start til around April I think)

1evilo.aihpos

Postby 1evilo.aihpos » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:24 pm

1evilo.aihpos

Postby 1evilo.aihpos » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:47 am

Should I write a LOCI?

Also interested in the december 1st applications; what is the consensus one when we should start wondering whats going on. Did we miss the boat --ImageRemoved--

1evilo.aihpos

Postby 1evilo.aihpos » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:41 am

LOCI before the waitlist? annoying or the extra little push one needs.

ilovemulch

Postby ilovemulch » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:51 am

1evilo.aihpos wrote:LOCI before the waitlist? annoying or the extra little push one needs.

you're saying it could go either way, depending on the particular adcomm, the LOCI, etc etc?

1evilo.aihpos

Postby 1evilo.aihpos » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:53 am

ilovemulch wrote:
1evilo.aihpos wrote:LOCI before the waitlist? annoying or the extra little push one needs.

you're saying it could go either way, depending on the particular adcomm, the LOCI, etc etc?

no i'm asking :(

Return to “What are my chances?”