165/3.35 Chances at Tier 1??

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

Posts: 20072
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: 165/3.35 Chances at Tier 1??

Postby bk1 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:27 pm

hokie wrote:Believe me, I completely see where you're coming from as I have been exposed to the TLS community long enough. I have given it heavy consideration and have spoken about it to almost everyone I know (who are in law or at least familiar with the process). Ultimately, to think I would have to work at my place I'm working at now is just too much of a daunting thought. I could definitely retake and [most likely] score higher, but there is no guarantee and then I would have just wasted another year. For my December exam, I took two days prior off work but ended up getting called into a meeting on Friday which had me working until 2 am on Saturday (3 am by the time I got home). There are just too many variables for me that I would just rather start school now. By the way, do you think I should write a LSAT addendum on that? I really didn't want to because I got a 163 (just two below my highest) which makes me look like I am making an excuse for a score that was "my potential" (again, even though I bombed the Oct as well but due to nerves/2 5-hour energies/whatever).

I wouldn't write an addendum. I just don't see anything worth saying that would make you look any better rather than worse.

I think you are overvaluing a year. Yes, it could go badly, but it also could go well and in the end, a year is not much of a big deal for a decent shot at doing better. If necessary for retake studying, maybe get a different job for a year that is less stressful/time consuming considering you will be going to law school and leaving your job anyways.

User avatar

Posts: 339
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:32 am

Re: 165/3.35 Chances at Tier 1??

Postby hokie » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:48 pm

in the grand scheme of things, I guess a year isn't really that much. I basically figure that if I don't get accepted to any of my current "reaches" (the schools listed in my original post), then unless I get a full ride+stipend deal from Richmond or something, I will probably wait. But i really want to go to law school NOW :shock: :mrgreen:

Return to “What are my chances??

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests