LSAT 180, GPA 3.79 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Ragged

Silver

Re: LSAT 180, GPA 3.79

Post by Ragged » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:21 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
T6Hopeful wrote:Enjoy Yale, if this isn't a flame...
3.79 makes HLS a 50/50 for the OP. Yale probably 1/3. Stanford probably less than that. Maybe more since Ivy, but if it was a good Ivy OP would have mentioned it. Probably something crappy like Brown.

Enjoy CLS.
I think 180 would make H be a better chance than 50/50 but not a lock, but YS would come down to softs because of relatively low GPA.

Still I would be surprised if OP doesn't break HYS.

Oh and also, flame.

$1.99

Silver

Post by $1.99 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:28 pm

haha why am i not surprised pear boy is the one who got all fired up about my flame attempt. you are infamous on TLS for showing the same behavior as desert fox.

by the way, you don't need to be a law student or lawyer to tell this guy that he has a good shot at particular schools. all he needs are a pair of halfway working eye balls to look at the percentiles and take an estimated guess.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:29 pm

$1.99 wrote:i still dont understand why desert fox still posts so much on TLS. you are already in law school yet you can't seem to stay away from threads like these that are irrelevant to your stage in life. you remind me of one of those high school jocks that keep coming back to their high schools even when they are in their 40s in a feeble attempt to regain their "glory years". maybe you should focus more on studying since you are fighting an uphill battle with a degree from norttthwestttern.
People are flaming when they talk about how much studying law school takes. Even the biggest gunners spend nowhere near 4 hours a day studying after class during the early part of the semester.
by the way, you don't need to be a law student or lawyer to tell this guy that he has a good shot at particular schools. all he needs are a pair of halfway working eye balls to look at the percentiles and take an estimated guess.
And you dumbfucks are STILL doing it wrong. Look at LSN for fucks sake.

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:30 pm

$1.99 wrote:haha why am i not surprised pear boy is the one who got all fired up about my flame attempt. you are infamous on TLS for showing the same behavior as desert fox.

I refuse to read this until you correctly capitalize it. Thanks.

$1.99

Silver

Post by $1.99 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:57 pm

I refuse to see you as something more than a clown until you learn to put a space between "resolute" and "pear"

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:04 pm

$1.99 wrote:I refuse to see you as something more than a clown until you learn to put a space between "resolute" and "pear"
Thanks for the correct capitalization. Now, let's work on the punctuation. You're obviously missing a period... but *WHERE* are you missing that period? Hmm.

EDIT: -OR- Perhaps it is a question. Are you questioning whether there should be a space? If you are, you sir have a good eye for this stuff. Kudos to you!

Patriot1208

Platinum

Post by Patriot1208 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:06 pm

OP, HYS all seem to have soft floors at 3.8. But, with being so close and having a 180, i'd be shocked if you didn't get Harvard. Now, Yale and Stanford are unknown, but you should get one of HYS. Also, you should expect major money at everywhere below HYS. Don't apply outside of the top 14.

angua

Bronze

Post by angua » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:14 pm

Patriot1208 wrote:OP, HYS all seem to have soft floors at 3.8. But, with being so close and having a 180, i'd be shocked if you didn't get Harvard. Now, Yale and Stanford are unknown, but you should get one of HYS. Also, you should expect major money at everywhere below HYS. Don't apply outside of the top 14.
Thanks - very helpful! I recalculated my LSDAS GPA - forgot to include two transfer courses - and I actually have a 3.8. So there's something...
Is applying this late in the game going to hurt me a lot?

Patriot1208

Platinum

Post by Patriot1208 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:24 pm

ljohns wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote:OP, HYS all seem to have soft floors at 3.8. But, with being so close and having a 180, i'd be shocked if you didn't get Harvard. Now, Yale and Stanford are unknown, but you should get one of HYS. Also, you should expect major money at everywhere below HYS. Don't apply outside of the top 14.
Thanks - very helpful! I recalculated my LSDAS GPA - forgot to include two transfer courses - and I actually have a 3.8. So there's something...
Is applying this late in the game going to hurt me a lot?
If your GPA is 3.8+ according to LSAC, i wouldn't go anywhere below HYS unless you want major money. Applying this late will hurt you, but, all you can do is try. I'd suggest, if you don't get one of HYS or close to a full ride at CCN, that you wait a year and reapply early in the cycle.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

DoubleChecks

Gold

Post by DoubleChecks » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:37 pm

kazu wrote:
ljohns wrote:
existenz wrote:
ljohns wrote:All materials will be in by Saturday (1/8) night except for the Dean's evaluation thing for Yale which I haven't gotten mailed yet.
Does Yale require a dean's evaluation? I thought that was Stanford.
Yale too, apparently.
Yep, Yale started requiring a dean's cert this year.

Desert Fox wrote:
3.79 makes HLS a 50/50 for the OP. Yale probably 1/3. Stanford probably less than that. Maybe more since Ivy, but if it was a good Ivy OP would have mentioned it. Probably something crappy like Brown.

Enjoy CLS.
HLS has a soft GPA floor at 3.8, but they also seem to prefer 178+ to 175~177 so I'd put OP's chances at slightly higher than 50/50. +1 on Yale and Stanford though.
yeah a lot of ppl are saying OP is lock for HYS...which is not true. DF and kazu are more on the ball.

besides that though...OP really over-applied and wasted his money...lol

Attorney

Bronze

Post by Attorney » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:03 pm

ljohns went to an upper-mid Ivy, in other words not HYP and not C2BP2.

(I mostly said that just to enrage people from Cornell and Penn by calling them C2 and P2. Cornell would be C3 if UChicago were in the Ivy League!)

Anyways, averaging out all the predictors: 95% shot at C, maybe 80% at H, 60% shot at S, and 50% shot at Y. I struck out S only because no application made. Applicant is interested in NYC/New England so I would really only apply to Yale, Harvard, Columbia, and maybe NYU if it were me.

ljohns, if your personal statement was written about a life of crime, you may not get in to any of those... but I'd just wait until next cycle and write about something else instead of going to Duke or UVA. Certainly not BC. And there's no way you should be considering UConn or Northeastern... that's just silly talk!

angua

Bronze

Post by angua » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:29 pm

Attorney wrote:ljohns went to an upper-mid Ivy, in other words not HYP and not C2BP2.

(I mostly said that just to enrage people from Cornell and Penn by calling them C2 and P2. Cornell would be C3 if UChicago were in the Ivy League!)

Anyways, averaging out all the predictors: 95% shot at C, maybe 80% at H, 60% shot at S, and 50% shot at Y. I struck out S only because no application made. Applicant is interested in NYC/New England so I would really only apply to Yale, Harvard, Columbia, and maybe NYU if it were me.

ljohns, if your personal statement was written about a life of crime, you may not get in to any of those... but I'd just wait until next cycle and write about something else instead of going to Duke or UVA. Certainly not BC. And there's no way you should be considering UConn or Northeastern... that's just silly talk!
Thanks handsome!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”