3.79 GPA from BC and 163/169 Chance me Pleasee :) Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
backtothebeat

New

3.79 GPA from BC and 163/169 Chance me Pleasee :)

Post by backtothebeat » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:52 pm

Hey guys,

Good LORs and decent softs. Non-urm. Thinking about applying to the following schools:

NYU (because.. why not i guess)
Fordham
Cardozo
Brooklyn
BC
Lewis + Clark

What do you think? Any other schools I should be considering?

Sucks that I had to get the 169 (what I was PTing) on my 2nd shot. I know that makes things iffier. Should I include an addendum on why I had the score increase?

ClancyTom

New

Re: 3.79 GPA from BC and 163/169 Chance me Pleasee :)

Post by ClancyTom » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:12 pm

NYU is probably a no this late... but hey? Why not if you have the app money to spare?

All the other schools are an "In", and you should get varying degrees of money from all of them.

That said, based on your school list it looks like you really want to practice in New York. Why not throw an app to Cornell... you will probably pay sticker, but you will place as well or better than all of those other schools except NYU and give yourself more mobility options if you decide you want to go somewhere else.

backtothebeat

New

Re: 3.79 GPA from BC and 163/169 Chance me Pleasee :)

Post by backtothebeat » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:16 pm

ClancyTom wrote:NYU is probably a no this late... but hey? Why not if you have the app money to spare?

All the other schools are an "In", and you should get varying degrees of money from all of them.

That said, based on your school list it looks like you really want to practice in New York. Why not throw an app to Cornell... you will probably pay sticker, but you will place as well or better than all of those other schools except NYU and give yourself more mobility options if you decide you want to go somewhere else.
Thanks a lot for the response. Yea I'd like to practice in New York, and since I'm from NY I figured I could also save some money by commuting instead of paying rent. The Lewis + Clark application is kind of just a random thing, if I got a lot of money I would consider it.

Good advice about Cornell, I will give them a shot as well.

Return to “What are my chances?”