167/3.3 Worth a shot?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
McMoose

167/3.3 Worth a shot?

Postby McMoose » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:14 pm

So I got 120,000 from Indiana and I just got into W&L, I was wondering if you guys thought it was worth throwing an application at UVA or UMich? Anywhere else you guys think? I've applied to most of the 20-25 range schools.

HeavenWood

Re: 167/3.3 Worth a shot?

Postby HeavenWood » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:41 pm

McMoose wrote:So I got 120,000 from Indiana and I just got into W&L, I was wondering if you guys thought it was worth throwing an application at UVA or UMich? Anywhere else you guys think? I've applied to most of the 20-25 range schools.

You're almost certainly out at UVA and Michigan. Where do you want to work? If you're interested in the Midwest (and haven't applied to these schools yet), consider Illinois, Minnesota, and WUSTL.

framboozer

Postby framboozer » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:45 pm

Only if you have too much money and you don't know what to do with it.

I agree with the above advice.

zeke18

Postby zeke18 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:57 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
McMoose wrote:So I got 120,000 from Indiana and I just got into W&L, I was wondering if you guys thought it was worth throwing an application at UVA or UMich? Anywhere else you guys think? I've applied to most of the 20-25 range schools.

You're almost certainly out at UVA and Michigan. Where do you want to work? If you're interested in the Midwest (and haven't applied to these schools yet), consider Illinois, Minnesota, and WUSTL.

Key word ALMOST. If you have the means, you might as well give it a shot so you don't have to wonder what if. I've gotten into 2 schools that LSP said were deny for me. If I had listened to everything I heard on this board, I wouldn't even have applied. You should obviously keep your expectations in check but in my opinion you might as well take a stab at it.

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:59 pm

zeke18 wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:

Key word ALMOST. If you have the means, you might as well give it a shot so you don't have to wonder what if. I've gotten into 2 schools that LSP said were deny for me. If I had listened to everything I heard on this board, I wouldn't even have applied. You should obviously keep your expectations in check but in my opinion you might as well take a stab at it.

I didn't say "don't apply," but the OP is below both medians. Barring URM status or insanely good softs, he/she is most surely out. If the OP wants to take a hail Mary pass and has the financial means to do so, that's their business.

Return to “What are my chances?”