. Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
roranoa

Silver

Post by roranoa » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:40 am

Last edited by roranoa on Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

LeBum James

New

Re: international applicant/166/ what are my chances?

Post by LeBum James » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:43 am

I'm curious about this. I have no idea how internationals are handled. I would assume, since GPA is a non-factor, that they would just look at the LSAT score. With a 166, you're out at T14. I could be, and probably am, wrong.

LeBum James

New

Post by LeBum James » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:50 am

Upon searching around the forums, it seems I'm right. Your international GPA will not be a factor in your application. If you want T14, retake.

roranoa

Silver

Post by roranoa » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:03 pm

LeBum James wrote:Upon searching around the forums, it seems I'm right. Your international GPA will not be a factor in your application. If you want T14, retake.
You actually think the admission officers will not even consider my GPA just because it's foreign?

Why do you think that is? Because they don't know the status of the schools outside the U.S?

What if the school is a world renowned school like Oxford or Tokyo University? Or anything something of that status?

I think saying that it will not be a factor at all is an overstatement.

Also, if GPA's don't count AT ALL, would an applicant with a 3.0 GPA get into Harvard if he/she had a 180 LSAT score? (with average softs)
I seriously doubt that.

LeBum James

New

Post by LeBum James » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:39 pm

Those all seem like fair questions. I searched the forum for the answer I gave you but am too lazy regarding searching for that many questions
What if the school is a world renowned school like Oxford or Tokyo University? Or anything something of that status?
Did you really?

I see no reason why Harvard wouldn't let in an international applicant with a 180. It raises their LSAT median without doing anything to the GPA median. Seems like a win-win for both the applicant and Harvard.

Search around the forums or maybe someone who actually knows will post.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”