-

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Near
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:08 pm

-

Postby Near » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:19 pm

Chances at t-14 schools this late? Or worth it to wait and apply earlier next year?
Last edited by Near on Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bhan87
Posts: 850
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:08 pm

Re: 3.6 / 172

Postby bhan87 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:23 pm

Near wrote:Chances at t-14 schools this late? Or worth it to wait and apply earlier next year?


I think if you applied early next year at least one of the t-14 will take you. Might be a stretch to apply now, but I think its possible you'll get in somewhere. Do you need to go in the Fall or can you afford to wait a year? Finding something productive (finding work, interning, volunteering) to do during your year off could potentially boost your chances during the next cycle

bdubs
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: 3.6 / 172

Postby bdubs » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:29 pm

I think you should still get lower t-14 at this point, although maybe off of a waitlist. If you want to wait you will have a better shot at CCN down.

Near
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:08 pm

Re: 3.6 / 172

Postby Near » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:32 pm

I would be willing to wait a year and apply early if it meant breaking into another tier. How much would my chances improve for CCN? Thanks for replies guys.

bdubs
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: 3.6 / 172

Postby bdubs » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:33 pm

Near wrote:I would be willing to wait a year and apply early if it meant breaking into another tier. How much would my chances improve for CCN? Thanks for replies guys.


They go from close to zero to 30-40% or so. Much more likely Chicago or NYU than CLS. I have numbers similar to you and have looked over pretty much all of the LSN profiles in our band. People told me it was really likely (75%+) that I got one of MVP. Hasn't happened yet though.

Near
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:08 pm

Re: 3.6 / 172

Postby Near » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:13 pm

Thanks Bdubs. What were your numbers if you don't mind me asking? Any luck at the other T14? I'm interested in Duke but suppose I should just go for the blanket approach at this point.

bdubs
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: 3.6 / 172

Postby bdubs » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:15 pm

Same LSAT, slightly lower LSDAS GPA (but slightly higher UGPA which is why I know the range). If you are really interested in Duke they do have a second ED round coming up. Duke tends to like higher GPAs, so your chances aren't as good there as they are at Cornell, Gtown, Michigan.

The accepts in my profile are up to date. I applied to most of the T-14, but not to Cornell.

Near
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:08 pm

Re: 3.6 / 172

Postby Near » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:54 am

Still feeling confused about my course of action. More advice go!

ATR
Posts: 1119
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:18 pm

Re: 3.6 / 172

Postby ATR » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:02 am

I'm applying late, too --- 3.89/169 from December. I don't see why you shouldn't try and apply. Ask for fee waivers from the bottom of the T14 and give it a shot. Admittedly, your GPA's low for those schools, but that LSAT is great. Any meaningful WE?

Near
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:08 pm

Re: 3.6 / 172

Postby Near » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:54 am

By the bottom do you mean around 10-14? No, no meaningful WE. It seems as though waiting and applying next cycle, maybe ED to a CCN could be best. A year is a long time though.

ATR
Posts: 1119
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:18 pm

Re: 3.6 / 172

Postby ATR » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:25 am

Near wrote:By the bottom do you mean around 10-14? No, no meaningful WE. It seems as though waiting and applying next cycle, maybe ED to a CCN could be best. A year is a long time though.

Yeah, DNCG is what I mean, but since you don't have meaningful WE, Northwestern is likely out. I guess I would take the year off and apply early next cycle, but make sure you find something interesting/somewhat significant to do for the gap year.

Near
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:08 pm

Re: 3.6 / 172

Postby Near » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:14 pm

Resurrecting this thread...I decided to sit out this cycle and apply early next cycle. What chances do I have EDing to any of CCN given that my 172 is the highest of multiple LSATs? I'm unclear of the stated/actual policies of the three concerning averaging scores and seeing that my averaged lsat score would likely = autoreject I should probably take that into account. Also, would an ED and rejection to one of the three preclude any other EDs for that cycle?

d34d9823
Posts: 1915
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:52 pm

Re: 3.6 / 172

Postby d34d9823 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:25 pm

Near wrote:Resurrecting this thread...I decided to sit out this cycle and apply early next cycle. What chances do I have EDing to any of CCN given that my 172 is the highest of multiple LSATs? I'm unclear of the stated/actual policies of the three concerning averaging scores and seeing that my averaged lsat score would likely = autoreject I should probably take that into account. Also, would an ED and rejection to one of the three preclude any other EDs for that cycle?

IMO you would have ~70% chance at one of those schools ED. And, no, NW is the only school that restricts you to one ED per cycle. However, everyone's except Virginia's is super slow, so many people combo CCN followed by Virginia (or vice versa).

Also, I would urge you to apply to at least a few schools this cycle. It can't hurt and you still have a week to put your app together.

Near
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:08 pm

Re: 3.6 / 172

Postby Near » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:01 pm

.
Last edited by Near on Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Curry

Re: 3.6 / 172

Postby Curry » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:08 pm

d34dluk3 wrote:
Near wrote:Resurrecting this thread...I decided to sit out this cycle and apply early next cycle. What chances do I have EDing to any of CCN given that my 172 is the highest of multiple LSATs? I'm unclear of the stated/actual policies of the three concerning averaging scores and seeing that my averaged lsat score would likely = autoreject I should probably take that into account. Also, would an ED and rejection to one of the three preclude any other EDs for that cycle?

IMO you would have ~70% chance at one of those schools ED. And, no, NW is the only school that restricts you to one ED per cycle. However, everyone's except Virginia's is super slow, so many people combo CCN followed by Virginia (or vice versa).

Also, I would urge you to apply to at least a few schools this cycle. It can't hurt and you still have a week to put your app together.


GULC has a decent turnaround rate, as does NU (from what I remember)

Kiwi917
Posts: 231
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:13 pm

Re: 3.6 / 172

Postby Kiwi917 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:35 pm

Near wrote:Resurrecting this thread...I decided to sit out this cycle and apply early next cycle. What chances do I have EDing to any of CCN given that my 172 is the highest of multiple LSATs? I'm unclear of the stated/actual policies of the three concerning averaging scores and seeing that my averaged lsat score would likely = autoreject I should probably take that into account. Also, would an ED and rejection to one of the three preclude any other EDs for that cycle?


I am fairly sure CLS and NYU don't average LSATs, since I would never have been accepted if they did. I didn't have as good luck with Chicago (waitlist) though, possibly because I forgot to include my addendum about the multiple LSAT scores. I didn't ED anywhere, so I don't really have any advice about that, unfortunately. Good luck!




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], studyingeveryday and 2 guests