5-year MBA 3.5 undergrad, 3.77 grad school, 165 LSAT, Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
thegreatk

Bronze

Re: 5-year MBA 3.5 undergrad, 3.77 grad school, 165 LSAT,

Post by thegreatk » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:24 pm

Veyron wrote:"Veyron-- I have a job lined up and will not be incurring significant debt. Hence, I am most certainly not fucked. But I didn't come to talk about that, I came to ask about the MBA and the potential boost I could get from it. I'll have be in the same position out of law school no matter what school I attend....I just want to get the best legal education humanly possible."

Ooops, missed this part. In this case, just focus on getting the cheapest legal education humanly possible, law schools, even elite ones, do little to prepare you for practice.
I've heard the same thing from every attorney I've talked to. This is one reason why UC Irvine piques my interest...new law school, new philosophy in which they intend to be more hands on. More of a lawyer school than a law school, in a sense. Maybe it's BS (you guys would know better than I), but I should do more research.
Last edited by thegreatk on Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

worldwithoutend

New

Re: 5-year MBA 3.5 undergrad, 3.77 grad school, 165 LSAT,

Post by worldwithoutend » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:32 pm

thegreatk wrote:I've heard the same thing from every attorney I've talked to. This is one reason why UC Irvine peaks my interest...new law school, new philosophy in which they intend to be more hands on. More of a lawyer school than a law school, in a sense. Maybe it's BS (you guys would know better than I), but I should do more research.
It piques your interest.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”