170/3.87

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
jravae

170/3.87

Postby jravae » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:17 pm

Undergrad at UCLA. Haven't applied yet, which I know will definitely hurt me. I really, really don't want to wait another year, though, so I'll be applying now.
I think I'm considered URM based on some letters I've gotten from law schools. I check the Hispanic box, along with White and Asian. I am 1/4 Mexican, half White.
Any chance at: Stanford, Columbia, NYU or Cal at this point?

Gracias.

Re: 170/3.87

Postby 005618502 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:30 pm

jravae wrote:Undergrad at UCLA. Haven't applied yet, which I know will definitely hurt me. I really, really don't want to wait another year, though, so I'll be applying now.
I think I'm considered URM based on some letters I've gotten from law schools. I check the Hispanic box, along with White and Asian. I am 1/4 Mexican, half White.

Gracias.

Your basing your URM status off letters youve gotten from schools?
That is all self selection.... they send letters based on what you say....

jravae

Postby jravae » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:50 pm

AssumptionRequired wrote:
jravae wrote:Undergrad at UCLA. Haven't applied yet, which I know will definitely hurt me. I really, really don't want to wait another year, though, so I'll be applying now.

Gracias.

Well, I wasn't sure if I was really considered URM since I'm of mixed race. But I've received several letters from law schools referring specifically to my Hispanic heritage. So yeah, based on that I think that I'm being considered URM.

Lawquacious

Postby Lawquacious » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:04 pm

With your numbers you have a shot at any of those schools even if you aren't URM. If you do qualify as URM then you should also be applying to H/Y.

Postby 005618502 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:41 pm

jravae wrote:
AssumptionRequired wrote:

Gracias.

Well, I wasn't sure if I was really considered URM since I'm of mixed race. But I've received several letters from law schools referring specifically to my Hispanic heritage. So yeah, based on that I think that I'm being considered URM.

haha man o man... anyways, apply to ALL the T14 if you can afford it, then see what your options are.

Ragged

Postby Ragged » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:19 pm

If you're 1/4 Mexican you are Mexican as far as schools are concerned I think. Enjoy HYS.

Return to “What are my chances?”