what are my chances? truly diverse, URM & recent immigrant

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
joni7alex

what are my chances? truly diverse, URM & recent immigrant

Postby joni7alex » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:41 am

any tips on choosing school, 149, 3.7, URM and recent immigrant from east africa, been here 7 yrs. i would like to work in africa: UN, NGOs etc. i hear east coast schools are better to make connections. at this pt i do not consider to retake the last.

sophia.olive

Re: what are my chances? truly diverse, URM & recent immigrant

Postby sophia.olive » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:52 am

Well get to the pt where you will retake and then retake. Otherwise law school is not in your future, let alone NGOs.
In other words you will need to go to a top law school to have a chance at your career goals. And you will need to retake the lsat to have a chance at a top school

In lsat terms since its time to start studying again:

NGO---> Top school -----> retake

retake------> NGO

Ragged

Postby Ragged » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:03 am

Wait did you say you were truly diverse? You mean like truly "truly"? :shock:

Then HYS by all means.

Seriously dude, retake or find a new career path. I'm sure they need all sorts of people in africa.

glewz

Postby glewz » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:12 am

joni7alex wrote:any tips on choosing school, 149, 3.7, URM and recent immigrant from east africa, been here 7 yrs. i would like to work in africa: UN, NGOs etc. i hear east coast schools are better to make connections. at this pt i do not consider to retake the last.

Best luck - try to go for rank 40 schools & apply for fee waivers.

sophia.olive

Postby sophia.olive » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:15 am

Ragged wrote:Wait did you say you were truly diverse? You mean like truly "truly"? :shock:

Then HYS by all means.

Seriously dude, retake or find a new career path. I'm sure they need all sorts of people in africa.

yeah, opposed to all these fake African Americans with anglo last names and mexicans that cant trace there backgrounds to the asian tribe that sailed over here feeding on krill.
Also 7 years is not recent.

bigkahuna2020

Postby bigkahuna2020 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:18 am

This is a troll. No person who could get a 3.7 would think an American JD will help you work for an African NGO

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:35 am

There are plenty of schools looking for high GPA URM's, try your hand there.

SupraVln180

Postby SupraVln180 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:21 pm

retake the LSAT, get a 160, go T14. Honestly, that is your only option.

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:25 pm

SupraVln180 wrote:retake the LSAT, get a 160, go T14. Honestly, that is your only option.

lulz

Ratchet Jackson

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:56 pm

sophia.olive wrote:
Ragged wrote:Wait did you say you were truly diverse? You mean like truly "truly"? :shock:

Then HYS by all means.

yeah, opposed to all these fake African Americans with anglo last names and mexicans that cant trace there backgrounds to the asian tribe that sailed over here feeding on krill.

Hmm. Considering many "authentic" African slaves were forced to adopt their slave master's last names, creating a lineage of African Americans with Anglo last names, I'm confused as to what your definition of a "fake" African American is.

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:42 pm

RJ127 wrote:
sophia.olive wrote:

Then HYS by all means.

Hmm. Considering many "authentic" African slaves were forced to adopt their slave master's last names, creating a lineage of African Americans with Anglo last names, I'm confused as to what your definition of a "fake" African American is.

Whoosh?

ATR

Postby ATR » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:13 pm

bigkahuna2020 wrote:This is a troll. No person who could get a 3.7 would think an American JD will help you work for an African NGO

You underestimate the ignorance of TLS users and people in general.

mrmangs

Postby mrmangs » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:16 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
RJ127 wrote:
sophia.olive wrote:

Then HYS by all means.

Whoosh?

Yes.

AreJay711

Postby AreJay711 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:18 pm

RJ127 wrote:
sophia.olive wrote:

Then HYS by all means.

I think you missed the sarcasm a little.

Ratchet Jackson

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:27 pm

AreJay711 wrote:
RJ127 wrote:
sophia.olive wrote:

Then HYS by all means.

I think you missed the sarcasm a little.

Still confused, but it is what it has to be.

Return to “What are my chances?”