3.6/ 154 for Univ of Miami?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
gb87
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:20 pm

3.6/ 154 for Univ of Miami?

Postby gb87 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:07 am

3.6 UGPA, 154 LSAT, and a MA degree. What are my odds at getting in?

User avatar
mpj_3050
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:59 pm

Re: 3.6/ 154 for Univ of Miami?

Postby mpj_3050 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:11 am

Retake. If not, decent chance of making it in but wouldn't be surprised by a rejection. Also, they are massively expensive so where do you want to work? If you could go to some public school I would try and do that.

gb87
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:20 pm

Re: 3.6/ 154 for Univ of Miami?

Postby gb87 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:18 am

mpj_3050 wrote:Retake. If not, decent chance of making it in but wouldn't be surprised by a rejection. Also, they are massively expensive so where do you want to work? If you could go to some public school I would try and do that.


It is past the point where I can re-take the LSAT, and I am not sure I would want to because I do not do well on standardized tests. As far as the monetary concerns that isn't an issue.

User avatar
kkklick
Posts: 1021
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Re: 3.6/ 154 for Univ of Miami?

Postby kkklick » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:56 am

With the 154 you're really leaving it to chance.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 3.6/ 154 for Univ of Miami?

Postby Grizz » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:22 pm

gb87 wrote:3.6 UGPA, 154 LSAT, and a MA degree. What are my odds at getting in?


Probable WL. Even if you do get in, it's a good thing you have money, because literally Miami and South FL is a festering hellhole of legal employment.

User avatar
mpj_3050
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:59 pm

Re: 3.6/ 154 for Univ of Miami?

Postby mpj_3050 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:26 pm

rad law wrote:
gb87 wrote:3.6 UGPA, 154 LSAT, and a MA degree. What are my odds at getting in?


Probable WL. Even if you do get in, it's a good thing you have money, because literally Miami and South FL is a festering hellhole of legal employment.


I don't mean to be an ass but by money not being an issue do you mean a) I have tons saved/family help; or b) Money isn't an issue because I will do well and make it work?

There is a huge difference between the two and I hope it is option A. Rad Law is right, good chance of a wait list.

gb87
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:20 pm

Re: 3.6/ 154 for Univ of Miami?

Postby gb87 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:43 pm

I mean option A mpj_3050. But thanks for the concern.

BlueDiamond
Posts: 953
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: 3.6/ 154 for Univ of Miami?

Postby BlueDiamond » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:49 pm

gb87 wrote:I mean option A mpj_3050. But thanks for the concern.


There's nothing worse than a kid with a rich daddy who underperforms throughout his life and then is an ass on top of it... don't be that guy

gb87
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:20 pm

Re: 3.6/ 154 for Univ of Miami?

Postby gb87 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:02 pm

BlueDiamond wrote:
gb87 wrote:I mean option A mpj_3050. But thanks for the concern.


There's nothing worse than a kid with a rich daddy who underperforms throughout his life and then is an ass on top of it... don't be that guy


I'm sorry but I find this comment to be slightly offensive. The user asked a question and I answered it and thanked him for the concern that I may be in over my head. You do not know me, what I have done with my life, or how hard I have worked for it. I appreciate your concern as to not fall into the under-achiever stereotype, but please keep these comments to yourself.

BlueDiamond
Posts: 953
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: 3.6/ 154 for Univ of Miami?

Postby BlueDiamond » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:11 pm

gb87 wrote:
BlueDiamond wrote:
gb87 wrote:I mean option A mpj_3050. But thanks for the concern.


There's nothing worse than a kid with a rich daddy who underperforms throughout his life and then is an ass on top of it... don't be that guy


I'm sorry but I find this comment to be slightly offensive. The user asked a question and I answered it and thanked him for the concern that I may be in over my head. You do not know me, what I have done with my life, or how hard I have worked for it. I appreciate your concern as to not fall into the under-achiever stereotype, but please keep these comments to yourself.


154.. it's your life I'm just bringing you back to reality.. if you have enough money to not have to pay for school.. you have enough to get a minimum of 160 on the LSAT.. I was noting that we could do without the pretentiousness after giving you advice.. so take the advice and use it or gtfo.. It's been said you're a WL at Miami but probably shouldn't go anyway.. /thread

albabrunettebabe
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:26 am

Re: 3.6/ 154 for Univ of Miami?

Postby albabrunettebabe » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:01 am

I'm really surprised by the ignorance present on some of these posts. Having money doesn't have much to do with one's performance on the LSAT. I speak from personal experience. I spent a lot of money on prep materials and a prep course. I worked my ass off and got a mere 154. The truth of the matter is that some people just have it...they know how to control their test anxiety and are just great at standardized exams.

In my opinion, this exam is complete and utter bullshit. It means nothing. Unfortunately, it gives assholes the opportunity to brag and make others believe they aren't good enough.

User avatar
2Serious4Numbers
Posts: 340
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:14 pm

Re: 3.6/ 154 for Univ of Miami?

Postby 2Serious4Numbers » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:13 am

Do you currently have a heartbeat? Ok. You're in at miami then.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 3.6/ 154 for Univ of Miami?

Postby Grizz » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:18 am

albabrunettebabe wrote:In my opinion, this exam is complete and utter bullshit. It means nothing. Unfortunately, it gives assholes the opportunity to brag and make others believe they aren't good enough. get into law schools that are actually worth going to from a debt/income perspective.

User avatar
2Serious4Numbers
Posts: 340
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:14 pm

Re: 3.6/ 154 for Univ of Miami?

Postby 2Serious4Numbers » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:35 am

rad law wrote:
albabrunettebabe wrote:In my opinion, this exam is complete and utter bullshit. It means nothing. Unfortunately, it gives assholes the opportunity to brag and make others believe they aren't good enough. get into law schools that are actually worth going to from a debt/income perspective.


+1. for some reason people are always so vigilantly against taking credible advice just because it doesn't jive with their expectations

gb87
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:20 pm

Re: 3.6/ 154 for Univ of Miami?

Postby gb87 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:02 pm

Found out this morning that I was accepted, so I guess a 154 was good enough with my letters of rec and transcripts =)




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest