Too late to apply? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Fark-o-vision

Silver

Too late to apply?

Post by Fark-o-vision » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:30 am

Not sure this belongs in this forum, so I apologize in advance if I've misplaced it. My question is, when do you think it's too late to apply to "safety" type schools? I have a couple schools that I'm really attracted to, that my numbers are very good for (75th in both categories and above), and that I would like to attend if the deal were right. Although I'd probably be hurting my career prospects in the short term, there are advantages to them that would outweigh those risks for me right now.

Applying early is a big part of scholarships and when I was doing my early applications, I didn't have the extra money to throw down on these schools. Now that I'm able to afford the apps, I'm just wondering if applying late will screw me out of scholarships anyway.

bk1

Diamond

Re: Too late to apply?

Post by bk1 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:35 am

No.

kkklick

Silver

Post by kkklick » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:38 am

What?

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:00 pm

Fark-o-vision wrote:Not sure this belongs in this forum, so I apologize in advance if I've misplaced it. My question is, when do you think it's too late to apply to "safety" type schools? I have a couple schools that I'm really attracted to, that my numbers are very good for (75th in both categories and above), and that I would like to attend if the deal were right. Although I'd probably be hurting my career prospects in the short term, there are advantages to them that would outweigh those risks for me right now.

Applying early is a big part of scholarships and when I was doing my early applications, I didn't have the extra money to throw down on these schools. Now that I'm able to afford the apps, I'm just wondering if applying late will screw me out of scholarships anyway.
Probably not. Just get those apps out ASAP.

Brock2010

New

Post by Brock2010 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:09 pm

not at all.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

teaadntoast

Bronze

Post by teaadntoast » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:10 pm

No, but send them quick.

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:20 pm

What everyone else said. I applied end of December - January last cycle, and there were a few schools that waitlisted me that I maybe would have gotten into if I had applied sooner.

kkklick

Silver

Post by kkklick » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:35 pm

lol cats

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”