3.97/169&172

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
jeremysen
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:07 am

Re: 3.97/169&172

Postby jeremysen » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:56 am

Mike12188 wrote:jeremysen you're an idiot. Fee waivers don't mean shit. First off UVA sends them to practically anyone. I got one and was flat out rejected. I also got one from Columbia and UCLA. Tell me the last time they let a non-URM in with a 3.2x GPA.


Mike you are a dumbass both because you lack a sense for statistics and because you have a 3.2. UVA is an exception to the rule in OP's shortlist.

The last time they let in a non-URM with a 3.2 GPA was with my friend who was 3.1/178. Schooled you fool.

User avatar
Mike12188
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:07 am

Re: 3.97/169&172

Postby Mike12188 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:58 am

jeremysen wrote:facepalm your ability to estimate the likelihood that a MERIT BASED fee waiver candidate has a higher standing than regular candidates.

No one is saying that getting a fee waiver gives you an advantage. Is it a good sign? Duh.

Idiot.


A lot of schools provide Merit based on your LSAT score along. I would think that a 170/3.9 has a much better chance at admission to any school than a 172/2.5 even if the 170 didn't get a fee waiver. Dumbass

User avatar
Ragged
Posts: 1509
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Re: 3.97/169&172

Postby Ragged » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:59 am

Mike12188 wrote:
jeremysen wrote:facepalm your ability to estimate the likelihood that a MERIT BASED fee waiver candidate has a higher standing than regular candidates.

No one is saying that getting a fee waiver gives you an advantage. Is it a good sign? Duh.

Idiot.


A lot of schools provide Merit based on your LSAT score along. I would think that a 170/3.9 has a much better chance at admission to any school than a 172/2.5 even if the 170 didn't get a fee waiver. Dumbass


I was gonna say this but was not a 100%. Thanks.

And with that the argument is over.

jeremysen
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:07 am

Re: 3.97/169&172

Postby jeremysen » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:00 am

Mike12188 wrote:
even if the 170 didn't get a fee waiver. Dumbass


Would a 170/3.9 in early cycle not receive a fee waiver? No. Idiot. I was comparing those who Do and those who Don't fool.
Last edited by jeremysen on Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

jeremysen
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:07 am

Re: 3.97/169&172

Postby jeremysen » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:01 am

Ragged wrote:
Mike12188 wrote:
jeremysen wrote:facepalm your ability to estimate the likelihood that a MERIT BASED fee waiver candidate has a higher standing than regular candidates.

No one is saying that getting a fee waiver gives you an advantage. Is it a good sign? Duh.

Idiot.


A lot of schools provide Merit based on your LSAT score along. I would think that a 170/3.9 has a much better chance at admission to any school than a 172/2.5 even if the 170 didn't get a fee waiver. Dumbass


I was gonna say this but was not a 100%. Thanks.

And with that the argument is over.


Yeah, if some guy makes shit up, you just jump right on the bandwagon.

dsl2011
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:07 pm

Re: 3.97/169&172

Postby dsl2011 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:03 am

jeremysen wrote:Do you think they'd just throw $ away to those who don't even have a chance?


lol at app fees being about schools making money. app fees are purely an artificial barrier to ensure that not everyone on the planet applies to every school and so that adcoms don't have to go through literally 50,000 applications each cycle. hls would only need to admit 3 more students to gain in tuition dollars what they give up by waiving the app fee for all 6,000 people that applied there last year.

and yes it is in the school's interests to ensure they get a sufficient # of apps in order to maintain their percent admit and yield even if it means they give fee waivers to people without caring whether they actually have a chance at admission.

User avatar
Mike12188
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:07 am

Re: 3.97/169&172

Postby Mike12188 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:04 am

Gotta be a troll. Nobody is this dumb.

User avatar
Ragged
Posts: 1509
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Re: 3.97/169&172

Postby Ragged » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:07 am

--ImageRemoved--

jeremysen
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:07 am

Re: 3.97/169&172

Postby jeremysen » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:08 am

dsl2011 wrote:
jeremysen wrote:Do you think they'd just throw $ away to those who don't even have a chance?


lol at app fees being about schools making money. app fees are purely an artificial barrier to ensure that not everyone on the planet applies to every school and so that adcoms don't have to go through literally 50,000 applications each cycle. hls would only need to admit 3 more students to gain in tuition dollars what they give up by waiving the app fee for all 6,000 people that applied there last year.

and yes it is in the school's interests to ensure they get a sufficient # of apps in order to maintain their percent admit and yield even if it means they give fee waivers to people without caring whether they actually have a chance at admission.



Out of context quote: Read the next sentence that I wrote
"Do you think they'd just throw $ away to those who don't even have a chance? There's a limit to this practice, and the schools OP is considering won't throw a fee waiver to a 165 LSAT."

In no way did I say that schools don't want to protect admit %.

jeremysen
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:07 am

Re: 3.97/169&172

Postby jeremysen » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:09 am

Mike12188 wrote:Gotta be a troll. Nobody is this dumb.


as dumb as a 3.2?

User avatar
Mike12188
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:07 am

Re: 3.97/169&172

Postby Mike12188 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:09 am

Ragged wrote:--ImageRemoved--

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I was tempted to respond to that comment before but just couldn't. So happy you took the initiative lol

jeremysen
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:07 am

Re: 3.97/169&172

Postby jeremysen » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:09 am

Ragged, go post your pictures at Duke. Oh wait....

User avatar
Mike12188
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:07 am

Re: 3.97/169&172

Postby Mike12188 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:11 am

jeremysen wrote:
Mike12188 wrote:Gotta be a troll. Nobody is this dumb.


as dumb as a 3.2?


You schooled this fool. :oops:

jeremysen
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:07 am

Re: 3.97/169&172

Postby jeremysen » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:13 am

Mike12188 wrote:
jeremysen wrote:
Mike12188 wrote:Gotta be a troll. Nobody is this dumb.


as dumb as a 3.2?


You schooled this fool. :oops:



LOL, at the end of the day, you will sit in your lonely chair wondering why you didn't get into UVA.

Why didn't you get into UVA?

Because you have a 3.2, and you are an idiot.

User avatar
Mike12188
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:07 am

Re: 3.97/169&172

Postby Mike12188 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:14 am

jeremysen wrote:
Mike12188 wrote:
jeremysen wrote:
Mike12188 wrote:Gotta be a troll. Nobody is this dumb.


as dumb as a 3.2?


You schooled this fool. :oops:



LOL, at the end of the day, you will sit in your lonely chair wondering why you didn't get into UVA.

Why didn't you get into UVA?

Because you have a 3.2, and you are an idiot.


Or because I didn't ED lol. :wink:

jeremysen
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:07 am

Re: 3.97/169&172

Postby jeremysen » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:15 am

non-idiots don't have to ED. I can't believe you just tried to justify yourself with an ED argument. lol

User avatar
Ragged
Posts: 1509
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Re: 3.97/169&172

Postby Ragged » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:16 am

jeremysen wrote:
dsl2011 wrote:
jeremysen wrote:Do you think they'd just throw $ away to those who don't even have a chance?


lol at app fees being about schools making money. app fees are purely an artificial barrier to ensure that not everyone on the planet applies to every school and so that adcoms don't have to go through literally 50,000 applications each cycle. hls would only need to admit 3 more students to gain in tuition dollars what they give up by waiving the app fee for all 6,000 people that applied there last year.

and yes it is in the school's interests to ensure they get a sufficient # of apps in order to maintain their percent admit and yield even if it means they give fee waivers to people without caring whether they actually have a chance at admission.



Out of context quote: Read the next sentence that I wrote
"Do you think they'd just throw $ away to those who don't even have a chance? There's a limit to this practice, and the schools OP is considering won't throw a fee waiver to a 165 LSAT."

In no way did I say that schools don't want to protect admit %.



165 maybe not, but Columbia gave a fee waiver to a 170/3.4

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/efont/jd

User avatar
Mike12188
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:07 am

Re: 3.97/169&172

Postby Mike12188 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:18 am

jeremysen wrote:non-idiots don't have to ED. I can't believe you just tried to justify yourself with an ED argument. lol


This is so much better than writing my paper...(Fuck I only need a B to keep my GPA)...I love your use of the word "non-idiot" you sound so intelligent.

jeremysen
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:07 am

Re: 3.97/169&172

Postby jeremysen » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:18 am

Ragged wrote:165 maybe not, but Columbia gave a fee waiver to a 170/3.4

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/efont/jd


Now step back for a second and think to yourself, "Doesn't my using 170/3.4 as an example lend support to his argument?"

User avatar
Mike12188
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:07 am

Re: 3.97/169&172

Postby Mike12188 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:19 am

Ragged wrote:
jeremysen wrote:
dsl2011 wrote:
jeremysen wrote:Do you think they'd just throw $ away to those who don't even have a chance?


lol at app fees being about schools making money. app fees are purely an artificial barrier to ensure that not everyone on the planet applies to every school and so that adcoms don't have to go through literally 50,000 applications each cycle. hls would only need to admit 3 more students to gain in tuition dollars what they give up by waiving the app fee for all 6,000 people that applied there last year.

and yes it is in the school's interests to ensure they get a sufficient # of apps in order to maintain their percent admit and yield even if it means they give fee waivers to people without caring whether they actually have a chance at admission.



Out of context quote: Read the next sentence that I wrote
"Do you think they'd just throw $ away to those who don't even have a chance? There's a limit to this practice, and the schools OP is considering won't throw a fee waiver to a 165 LSAT."

In no way did I say that schools don't want to protect admit %.



165 maybe not, but Columbia gave a fee waiver to a 170/3.4

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/efont/jd


AND a dumbass 3.2

User avatar
Ragged
Posts: 1509
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Re: 3.97/169&172

Postby Ragged » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:22 am

jeremysen wrote:
Ragged wrote:165 maybe not, but Columbia gave a fee waiver to a 170/3.4

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/efont/jd


Now step back for a second and think to yourself, "Doesn't my using 170/3.4 as an example lend support to his argument?"


No it doesn't. No way non-URM 170/3.4 gets accepted. Or lets say that its so improbable that its pretty much impossible and not even worth the 12$.

User avatar
Mike12188
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:07 am

Re: 3.97/169&172

Postby Mike12188 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:23 am

I think his mom told him to get off the internet and go to bed

jeremysen
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:07 am

Re: 3.97/169&172

Postby jeremysen » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:24 am

Mike12188 wrote:I think his mom told him to get off the internet and go to bed


your mom told me to get off the internet to get laid

User avatar
Mike12188
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:07 am

Re: 3.97/169&172

Postby Mike12188 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:25 am

Oh shit, you busted out "your mom" :shock:

jeremysen
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:07 am

Re: 3.97/169&172

Postby jeremysen » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:26 am

Ragged wrote:
jeremysen wrote:
Ragged wrote:165 maybe not, but Columbia gave a fee waiver to a 170/3.4

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/efont/jd


Now step back for a second and think to yourself, "Doesn't my using 170/3.4 as an example lend support to his argument?"


No it doesn't. No way non-URM 170/3.4 gets accepted. Or lets say that its so improbable that its pretty much impossible and not even worth the 12$.



Mike's UVA experience satisfies your argument. But nonetheless, 170/3.4 would get a fee waiver over a 165. To that end, merit based fee waivers indicate that the 170/3.4 has a higher chance of admittance than the 165.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests