Am I crazy??

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
alexandra

Am I crazy??

Postby alexandra » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:31 am

Hi everyone,

I have a 3.79 GPA and a 163 from the Oct test. So far I have applied to:

Boston College
Boston University
Fordham
George Washington
Hastings
Cardozo
Loyola

Waiting on the results of Dec test before I apply to:
USC
UCLA
Georgetown (PT)
Berkeley
Maybe even NYU/Columbia/Chicago if I'm 168+ (dream schools!)

Humor me and let's assume I have a 167 from Dec. Considering great rec's, good softs, and being LGBT and middle eastern (coming from Muslim family).... What do you all think? Anywhere I should add (I only want to live in or very near a big city)? Thank you!!

buckilaw

Re: Am I crazy??

Postby buckilaw » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:48 am

Your GPA is promising, but most of the schools on your list highly value the LSAT. For BC and BU in paticular you have a very slim chance w/o a 165 or better, GW you likely need 166 or better. USC's magic number is 167.

When you get your new LSAT score checkout http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/ and http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com/wp-co ... ograms.htm.

Good luck.

Mike12188

Postby Mike12188 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:53 am

alexandra wrote:Hi everyone,

I have a 3.79 GPA and a 163 from the Oct test. So far I have applied to:

Boston College - WL/Out ------- In$
Boston University - WL/Out ------ In$
Fordham - WL/Out ------ In$
George Washington - WL/In ------ In $$
Hastings - In ----- In
Cardozo - WL/? ----- In $$$
Loyola - Not sure which one

Waiting on the results of Dec test before I apply to:
USC - In
UCLA - WL/Out
Georgetown (PT) - WL/In
Berkeley - Out
Maybe even NYU/Columbia/Chicago if I'm 168+ (dream schools!) - WL/Out unless 170+ (It's pretty late)

Humor me and let's assume I have a 167 from Dec. Considering great rec's, good softs, and being LGBT and middle eastern (coming from Muslim family).... What do you all think? Anywhere I should add (I only want to live in or very near a big city)? Thank you!!

For the first group the first predictions are for 163 and the second prediction is for a 167.
The second group is with a 167.
Also, not so sure about the $$ for each

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:37 pm

Agree with the 167, top 5% on the LSAT is a must practically. Boston College and Boston U are in the realm of possibility. GPA isn't holding you back which should help your chances.

NorCalBruin

Postby NorCalBruin » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:29 pm

You say berkeley out, but OP might as well throw an app in if you get a 167 or above. True, they accept almost no one, but that doesn't mean they only accept people with a 170 or above. They are notoriously holistic/random... so I dunno... shoot for the moon.

Return to “What are my chances?”