Univ of San Diego?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
JDHopeful

Univ of San Diego?

Postby JDHopeful » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:55 pm

What are my chances with a 161/3.63?

Has anyone been admitted yet?

Thanks!

NorCalBruin

Re: Univ of San Diego?

Postby NorCalBruin » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:14 am

Yea Bra, you should be in. You're hovering around/just above their 75th % GPA, and you're at their median LSAT. Top-Law and LSP says their median LSAT is 161, but that was 3 years ago--and it doesn't look like their website has updated information, so it might be 162 now. If that's the case, you're more like 50/50, or just under.

They have already sent out some acceptances (I got mine anyway).

You have to fill out and send back a form after you've been accepted in order to be considered for scholarship monies, so they probably haven't started giving out money yet. If you apply now, you can still get on the bandwagon.

JDHopeful

Postby JDHopeful » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:44 am

What are your numbers, if you don`t mind disclosing?

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:37 pm

law school numbers.

NorCalBruin

Postby NorCalBruin » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:24 pm

I'm 167 / 3.8 (waiting on december LSAT though)

I'm above their 75th LSAT and GPA, and considering USD doesn't practice yield protection, I'm a clear admit. Some schools tend to send out acceptances really quickly to people who are "auto-admits".

On the other hand, while you definitely have a good shot, you're probably not an "auto-admit", thus they will probably give your application more consideration, or it might be put in a pile of a whole bunch of people with similar numbers. What I'm saying is, you probably won't get a response as quickly.

The sooner you send it in the better though.

Return to “What are my chances?”