Are LOR's important?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
jaestro

Are LOR's important?

Postby jaestro » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:44 pm

I am posing this question, because my apps are ready to go, but I have yet to get my LOR's sent. I don't know when my professors will finally write these, and I can only push them so far. I am not expecting stellar LOR's, average at best. Therefore, should I just send my apps in to schools who don't require my LOR's, but only recommend LOR's? Essentially, I'm wondering if it is better that I get my apps in now, with the risk of being processed without LOR's, or wait to apply as far as next month possibly with LOR's in tack?
Thanks

kkklick

Re: Are LOR's important?

Postby kkklick » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:24 pm

I mean you have to have LOR's don't send your app without any. But what value the LOR's have in relation to admission factors I don't know. You'd be shooting yourself in the foot by not sending any LOR's.

FuManChusco

Re: Are LOR's important?

Postby FuManChusco » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:38 pm

kkklick wrote:I mean you have to have LOR's don't send your app without any. But what value the LOR's have in relation to admission factors I don't know. You'd be shooting yourself in the foot by not sending any LOR's.

+1

Return to “What are my chances?”