Help Me! I'm Freaking Out!

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
HNSA15

Help Me! I'm Freaking Out!

Postby HNSA15 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:43 am

Hey guys! OK...I'm new here, but you all seem to know what you're talking about, so please help :)

I have a 3.97, graduated from UCLA, got a 172 on the LSAT, and have pretty good softs. Applied to:

Harvard (just for fun, I know I don't stand a chance)
Stanford
NYU
Berkeley
UCLA
USC
Loyola
Pepperdine
Southwestern

I submitted most of my application in mid-late November. Berkeley called within 2 weeks of my submittal and accepted me but since then I haven't heard anything from anyone else. Is this normal? I am so worried!

Feedback please!!!

NorCalBruin

Re: Help Me! I'm Freaking Out!

Postby NorCalBruin » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:55 am

Yea you're fine. Don't panic.

Some schools haven't even sent out ONE acceptance yet (*cough* lookin at you, USC), many might not get back to you until late january or february.

For what's it worth, you should get in to everywhere, except maybe Harvard or Stanford, but even then you've got a decent shot.

Also, you're a UCLA grad, so you're probably awesome. :-)

FuManChusco

Postby FuManChusco » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:57 am

I'd say in everywhere except HS. however, you certainly have a chance at both.

Also, you're wasting your money on some of those apps. you should have applied to CCN.

HNSA15

Postby HNSA15 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:00 am

NorCalBruin wrote:Yea you're fine. Don't panic.

Some schools haven't even sent out ONE acceptance yet (*cough* lookin at you, USC), many might not get back to you until late january or february.

For what's it worth, you should get in to everywhere, except maybe Harvard or Stanford, but even then you've got a decent shot.

Also, you're a UCLA grad, so you're probably awesome. :-)

lol thanks! I hope you're right! I would freak out if I got in to Stanford......thanks, fellow Bruin!

HNSA15

Postby HNSA15 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:02 am

FuManChusco wrote:I'd say in everywhere except HS. however, you certainly have a chance at both.

Also, you're wasting your money on some of those apps. you should have applied to CCN.

You're gonna have to help me out...what's CCN? lol I'm terrible at law school lingo (I didn't even know what the Rothman was until I got the invite). I got fee waivers for all apps except Stanford/Harvard (I HAD to apply! I would've regretted it forever if I didn't!)

lawschooliseasy

Postby lawschooliseasy » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:04 am

HNSA15 wrote:Hey guys! OK...I'm new here, but you all seem to know what you're talking about, so please help :)

I have a 3.97, graduated from UCLA, got a 172 on the LSAT, and have pretty good softs. Applied to:

Stanford
NYU
Berkeley
UCLA
USC
Loyola
Pepperdine
Southwestern

I submitted most of my application in mid-late November. Berkeley called within 2 weeks of my submittal and accepted me but since then I haven't heard anything from anyone else. Is this normal? I am so worried!

Feedback please!!!

Remember that hooker you iced a few years back? Karma's a bitch.

glitter178

Postby glitter178 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:05 am

HNSA15 wrote:
FuManChusco wrote:I'd say in everywhere except HS. however, you certainly have a chance at both.

You're gonna have to help me out...what's CCN? lol I'm terrible at law school lingo (I didn't even know what the Rothman was until I got the invite). I got fee waivers for all apps except Stanford/Harvard (I HAD to apply! I would've regretted it forever if I didn't!)

Columbia Chicago New York U

HNSA15

Postby HNSA15 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:06 am

lawschooliseasy wrote:
HNSA15 wrote:Hey guys! OK...I'm new here, but you all seem to know what you're talking about, so please help :)

Stanford
NYU
Berkeley
UCLA
USC
Loyola
Pepperdine
Southwestern

Feedback please!!!

Remember that hooker you iced a few years back? Karma's a bitch.

I def DONT remember that!

FuManChusco

Postby FuManChusco » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:06 am

HNSA15 wrote:

Columbia, Chicago, New York. They fill out the top 6 law schools. UCLA and USC are safeties. everything from Loyola down is a joke for you.

HNSA15

Postby HNSA15 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:07 am

glitter178 wrote:
HNSA15 wrote:

Columbia Chicago New York U

oo got it! thanks...applied to NYU

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:49 am

Was thinking the same thing, Chicago is awesome.

Return to “What are my chances?”