-

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
LittlePete83
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:46 pm

-

Postby LittlePete83 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:53 pm

-
Last edited by LittlePete83 on Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Late applicant. What are my chances?

Postby thecilent » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:56 pm

Honestly, probably not too good - but you would def still have a shot. The 165 would help a ton, though.

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Late applicant. What are my chances?

Postby northwood » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:56 pm

its going to come down to your lsat. To have a realistic chance, you have to be at least at the median, if not over. If you really want to go there be prepared for a waitlist, or a rejection this cycle, and apply next year. All you would need to do is revamp your personal statement, re take and get a 165ish,( easier said than done, i know) and apply on the first day possible.
Since you go to the school, you can talk to the admissions dept in person( even if you get dinged) and see what part of your application was weak.

LittlePete83
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:46 pm

-

Postby LittlePete83 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:11 pm

-
Last edited by LittlePete83 on Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kkklick
Posts: 1021
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Re: Late applicant. What are my chances?

Postby kkklick » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:47 am

The february LSAT should only be a last resort, in my opinion you should have aimed for December. You would have to really kill Feb to have a good shot because of the limited space and your CGPA.

LittlePete83
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: Late applicant. What are my chances?

Postby LittlePete83 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:45 pm

kkklick wrote:The february LSAT should only be a last resort, in my opinion you should have aimed for December. You would have to really kill Feb to have a good shot because of the limited space and your CGPA.


So the GPA they really look at is undergrad, right? My grad school GPA will be on my application, too, but it's mostly my undergrad GPA and LSAT score, correct?

And really, this is a last resort of sorts. I figured there was no sense in risking the December LSAT if I was unprepared. If things don't turn out, then I'll have a high February score to submit as soon as the apps go live in September for Fall 2012. Plus (although not a lot of weight will be placed on these) but I have killer references, a great resume with tons of work and volunteer experience, and a good personal statement and supplemental essays.

All I can do is keep eating, breathing, and crapping practice LSATs! :wink:

User avatar
BrownBears09
Posts: 330
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:48 pm

Re: Late applicant. What are my chances?

Postby BrownBears09 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:47 pm

LittlePete83 wrote:
kkklick wrote:The february LSAT should only be a last resort, in my opinion you should have aimed for December. You would have to really kill Feb to have a good shot because of the limited space and your CGPA.


So the GPA they really look at is undergrad, right? My grad school GPA will be on my application, too, but it's mostly my undergrad GPA and LSAT score, correct?

And really, this is a last resort of sorts. I figured there was no sense in risking the December LSAT if I was unprepared. If things don't turn out, then I'll have a high February score to submit as soon as the apps go live in September for Fall 2012. Plus (although not a lot of weight will be placed on these) but I have killer references, a great resume with tons of work and volunteer experience, and a good personal statement and supplemental essays.

All I can do is keep eating, breathing, and crapping practice LSATs! :wink:


Your undergraduate GPA is 100% of your cumulative LSAC GPA.

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: Late applicant. What are my chances?

Postby krad » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:50 pm

LittlePete83 wrote:
kkklick wrote:The february LSAT should only be a last resort, in my opinion you should have aimed for December. You would have to really kill Feb to have a good shot because of the limited space and your CGPA.


So the GPA they really look at is undergrad, right? My grad school GPA will be on my application, too, but it's mostly my undergrad GPA and LSAT score, correct?

And really, this is a last resort of sorts. I figured there was no sense in risking the December LSAT if I was unprepared. If things don't turn out, then I'll have a high February score to submit as soon as the apps go live in September for Fall 2012. Plus (although not a lot of weight will be placed on these) but I have killer references, a great resume with tons of work and volunteer experience, and a good personal statement and supplemental essays.

All I can do is keep eating, breathing, and crapping practice LSATs! :wink:


Fellow Coloradan: The grad GPA has zero to do with your #'s, sadly. It's all UG GPA and LSAT. The grad degree is primarily considered a soft factor, as is your resume, PS, and addenda. Good luck with the LSAT prep!

LittlePete83
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: Late applicant. What are my chances?

Postby LittlePete83 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:02 pm

Ugh I figured as much! I'm new to the board so I wasn't sure what "softs" were. I'm still kicking myself for double majoring in tough subjects. If only I had majored in business management or something lol

User avatar
kkklick
Posts: 1021
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Re: Late applicant. What are my chances?

Postby kkklick » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:14 pm

LittlePete83 wrote:Ugh I figured as much! I'm new to the board so I wasn't sure what "softs" were. I'm still kicking myself for double majoring in tough subjects. If only I had majored in business management or something lol

That's why it pays to know you're going into law beforehand.

LittlePete83
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: Late applicant. What are my chances?

Postby LittlePete83 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:25 pm

kkklick wrote:
LittlePete83 wrote:Ugh I figured as much! I'm new to the board so I wasn't sure what "softs" were. I'm still kicking myself for double majoring in tough subjects. If only I had majored in business management or something lol

That's why it pays to know you're going into law beforehand.


The funny thing is I always did. My advisers kept telling me that accounting is the best business major to have for law school (don't ask me why. I'm thinking it's because accounting and law both devour your social life and sanity and drive you to drink). What they didn't tell me is that accounting is unbelievably difficult. Finance I could handle but those effing upper level accounting classes killed my GPA. Oh, hindsight..... Maybe I could get a second bachelor's really quick haha. Anyone know if that's a possibility? Getting a second bachelors with the hopes of getting a second GPA (that's hopefully stellar)? Or am I just grasping at straws?

User avatar
kkklick
Posts: 1021
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Re: Late applicant. What are my chances?

Postby kkklick » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:36 pm

I took economics for fun in first year, then ran into a friend of mine in the same class who was on his second go around. He failed the first time, so I quit the class and decided not to take any more business courses. He failed the second time as well and he wasn't a total block head he was pretty smart. I would never take academic advice from so called "advisors".

LittlePete83
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: Late applicant. What are my chances?

Postby LittlePete83 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:42 pm

kkklick wrote:I took economics for fun in first year, then ran into a friend of mine in the same class who was on his second go around. He failed the first time, so I quit the class and decided not to take any more business courses. He failed the second time as well and he wasn't a total block head he was pretty smart. I would never take academic advice from so called "advisors".


Agreed! In my experience, the advisers try to push their program and classes on students. And honestly, I chose accounting because I thought it would impress people. Yeah, I know that sounds SO stupid especially since I'll be paying off my student loans well into my 80s and I can't stand the thought of ever looking at a balance sheet again. Live, learn, try to forget lol.

Anyone have thoughts about adding a second bachelor's? It's a last ditch effort, I know, but a girl needs options :)

User avatar
glewz
Posts: 785
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:32 pm

Re: Late applicant. What are my chances?

Postby glewz » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:55 pm

Yeahhh, the UG GPA is what matters because it's what the LSDAS GPA is composed of. This is the # that schools will report, (and the # they can use to compare between candidates) so that's the one they look at. Nonetheless, your grad degree & gpa are a great soft.

Best luck on your LSAT.

LittlePete83
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: Late applicant. What are my chances?

Postby LittlePete83 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:37 pm

glewz wrote:Yeahhh, the UG GPA is what matters because it's what the LSDAS GPA is composed of. This is the # that schools will report, (and the # they can use to compare between candidates) so that's the one they look at. Nonetheless, your grad degree & gpa are a great soft.

Best luck on your LSAT.


Thanks :) It's a stressful time so any and all encouragement from people here is VERY welcome!




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests