MIT Engineering UG, bad GPA =(

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Deep Trench

Re: MIT Engineering UG, bad GPA =(

Postby Deep Trench » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:12 pm

bk1 wrote:Retake until you get a 172+. Higher than that is largely irrelevant considering any school that would let you in with a 3.0/175 would do it with a 3.0/172 (i.e. splitter friendly schools like UVa/GULC/etc) and any school that wouldn't let you in with a 3.0/172 would still not do it even if you were a 3.0/175 (i.e UChi, Berkeley, etc).

This is so true. When I got my score, I was so excited for about 12 hours, and then I realized that six points from my score were really good for nothing other than to impress my friends. I wish there was a Cap and Trade system to exchange excess GPA and LSAT score or sell them for scholarship money.

kkklick

Re: MIT Engineering UG, bad GPA =(

Postby kkklick » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:35 am

Deep Trench wrote:
bk1 wrote:Retake until you get a 172+. Higher than that is largely irrelevant considering any school that would let you in with a 3.0/175 would do it with a 3.0/172 (i.e. splitter friendly schools like UVa/GULC/etc) and any school that wouldn't let you in with a 3.0/172 would still not do it even if you were a 3.0/175 (i.e UChi, Berkeley, etc).

This is so true. When I got my score, I was so excited for about 12 hours, and then I realized that six points from my score were really good for nothing other than to impress my friends. I wish there was a Cap and Trade system to exchange excess GPA and LSAT score or sell them for scholarship money.

I would probably buy a few LSAT points.

Return to “What are my chances?”