161/3.45 (after fall grades)

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Rikkugrrl

Bronze

161/3.45 (after fall grades)

Postby Rikkugrrl » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:16 am

Please help me out guys, I'm really nervous. I've already looked at LSN and LSP.

I already know most of my fall grades, and the ones I don't know I'm confident I did very well in. Estimating conservatively, my GPA should be around a 3.45. I also applied in early November. My problem is I took the LSAT on Saturday and I'm pretty sure my score went down. I'm probably going to cancel. I know the general advice is "retake," but now I'm really regretting retaking and not applying earlier with my current score. Will it help that I applied in early November, even if they haven't reviewed my application yet?

Knowing all this, please predict my chances at:

U Georgia
Georgia State
Wake Forest

I already got into U South Carolina with a possibility of a scholarship (it was mentioned in my letter), and it's in state for me without any higher ranked schools in the state. I don't have a problem with staying in SC. f I don't get in anywhere else, would it be a good choice to go there?
Last edited by Rikkugrrl on Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Re: 161/3.45 (after fall grades)

Postby CanadianWolf » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:20 am

Georgia will be your toughest candidacy, while Georgia State & WFU look competitive.

Rikkugrrl

Bronze

Postby Rikkugrrl » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:22 am

CanadianWolf wrote:Georgia will be your toughest candidacy, while Georgia State & WFU look competitive.

You really think I have a chance at Wake? I was borderline even applying in early November, and now that it's December and I know they're still waiting to review my app...

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Postby CanadianWolf » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:25 am

You should make the waitlist.

Rikkugrrl

Bronze

Postby Rikkugrrl » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:31 am

Thank you! That's good to hear. Waitlist is better than reject! If I make the waitlist, I'll definitely be writing a LOCI. Wake is number one right now on the list.

But if I do only get into SC, do you think it's a good idea to attend even though it dropped into the third tier this year? It will be a bargain, especially with a scholarship, and the lawyers I've talked to all say that it'd be stupid to go anywhere else if I didn't mind working in SC since it's got such a good old boys network. I talked to a lawyer who graduated from Vandy a few years ago who claimed that people were actually suspicious of him and the question "so what's wrong with USC" came up a few times when he was looking for jobs. Then again, SC's legal market is terrible right now, so even if that's true I still might not be able to get a job.

Auuuuugh! I am freaking out over this.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Postby CanadianWolf » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:35 am

The attorneys are probably giving you good advice. If you want to live & practice in South Carolina, then you have been accepted to the right law school. My understanding, however, is that South Carolina's facilities are run down--so you should visit before committing.
If WFU is truly your first choice, then let them know now.

Rikkugrrl

Bronze

Postby Rikkugrrl » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:40 am

I've visited USC's campus a few times to see friends and go to games, even stayed there for a week in high school for a summer camp, but I've never toured the law school. I'll definitely do that before signing on the dotted line, though I doubt that'll deter me from going. I'm in one of the oldest schools in the country right now and the facilities never really bothered me since I mostly did my studying in my room and hung out off campus. As long as I have a nice apartment to go to at the end of the day, I'm happy.

Return to “What are my chances??