3.9 GPA and 171 LSAT Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
krad

Gold

Re: 3.9 GPA and 171 LSAT

Post by krad » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:49 pm

Ragged wrote:
parsi wrote:I should be finishing up all my apps the apps right before New years...

How will I be affected by applying so late?

I should probably be a bit more specific: I have worked at t-mobile selling phones since the end of my freshman year till present time. about 30/hrs a week and got a letter from my manager stressing how i clown at work and school at the same time

I also was in a fraternity for 4 years and held some positions

I think NYU or Berkeley is where I really want to go but I also applied to UCLA, USC, HYS, Col/corn, duke, michigan, chicago, penn, and Georgetown

Also: I did poorly my fall quarter of my senior year, but my transcript is already at LSAC...will i be negatively affected by this? I got a couple of C+s
Dude.... :|

Seriously?
Why would you go and fuck yourself over like that??? You just barred yourself out of T6 and Berkley and probably the rest of the T14 due to late apps.
...!!

parsi

Bronze

Post by parsi » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:32 pm

I thought they wouldnt see my final transcript until after they accept me?

Are my chances truly marred due to my late apps?

Also, should I attach something explaining why myapp is late?

apollo13

Bronze

Post by apollo13 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:10 pm

parsi wrote:I should be finishing up all my apps the apps right before New years...

How will I be affected by applying so late?

I should probably be a bit more specific: I have worked at t-mobile selling phones since the end of my freshman year till present time. about 30/hrs a week and got a letter from my manager stressing how i clown at work and school at the same time

I also was in a fraternity for 4 years and held some positions

I think NYU or Berkeley is where I really want to go but I also applied to UCLA, USC, HYS, Col/corn, duke, michigan, chicago, penn, and Georgetown

Also: I did poorly my fall quarter of my senior year, but my transcript is already at LSAC...will i be negatively affected by this? I got a couple of C+s
Dude, are you of out of your mind?? it's TOO late to apply right now! if you apply right now, all the t-14's are out, and ucla and usc are also in jeopardy. also C+'s... why would you fuck up yourself like this. people would kill to get your GPA.
RETAKE! RETAKE!

DoctorSurf

New

Post by DoctorSurf » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:08 am

I really have no constructive criticism besides for just finishing professional school (medical) myself and when talking to everyone, you realize how much it IS NOT A NUMBERS game. Don't get me wrong, numbers get you in the game, but let's take you for example and had a kid that was president of his fraternity, was involved in community service, was in student government, and was a sponsored surfer and he had a 3.6 and a 165. They are looking at you two completely equally with a possible advantage to the other guy. He managed to get those grades while doing all of those extra activities and obviously works well with people. From what I learned in medical school is their goal is to take kids who they think won't flunk out, period. If you can pass, you can play. A kid like that might be able to handle the stressors of graduate school better than a person who hasn't gotten to truly know what the grind is.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”