180/2.32 Second Try

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Dex

Re: 180/2.32 Second Try

Postby Dex » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:55 am

jblev2 wrote:was it a funny kidnapping

Oh my god I laughed hard when I read that.

BlueDiamond

Postby BlueDiamond » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:06 am

It's just tough to picture sitting in English class reading a poorly edited version of Shakespeare and looking over to my 21 year old, 7 year captive friend and asking him/her to buy me a 12-pack after eighth period is all..

MrButtonwood

Postby MrButtonwood » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:38 am

BlueDiamond wrote:It's just tough to picture sitting in English class reading a poorly edited version of Shakespeare and looking over to my 21 year old, 7 year captive friend and asking him/her to buy me a 12-pack after eighth period is all..

Look dickhead, I went back to school because I was basically deprived of my childhood and I had no friends. It wasn't perfect, but I made some good friends during that time, and that's a hell of a lot better than a stupid GED. As for the kidnapping, since that's all any of you idiots care about, I was abducted by a street gang in Thailand and they sold me for ransom. I spent seven fucking years in a labor facility. I tried to escape over twenty times and was physically abused and almost killed more times than I care to recall. I finally escaped. Real funny story.

Thanks for nothing.

PinkCow

Postby PinkCow » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:45 am

Pics or it didn't happen?

BlueDiamond

Postby BlueDiamond » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:47 am

MrButtonwood wrote:
BlueDiamond wrote:It's just tough to picture sitting in English class reading a poorly edited version of Shakespeare and looking over to my 21 year old, 7 year captive friend and asking him/her to buy me a 12-pack after eighth period is all..

Look dickhead, I went back to school because I was basically deprived of my childhood and I had no friends. It wasn't perfect, but I made some good friends during that time, and that's a hell of a lot better than a stupid GED. As for the kidnapping, since that's all any of you idiots care about, I was abducted by a street gang in Thailand and they sold me for ransom. I spent seven fucking years in a labor facility. I tried to escape over twenty times and was physically abused and almost killed more times than I care to recall. I finally escaped. Real funny story.

Thanks for nothing.

My post wasn't even that mean.. It's a pretty good point actually. Many high schools don't even allow people of that age to attend.

Oh, and by any chance was the street gang wearing clothing or sneakers that said "Nike" on them? I've heard that gang has similar labor practices in that area.

On a more serious note, the story sounds interesting and I'd actually like to know more if you're willing to share. Or, any links to old news articles by any chance so I can read up on it?

gobuffs10

Postby gobuffs10 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:48 am

chip3341 wrote:Pics or it didn't happen?

this. I won't dare call for rule 34 though

kls120

Postby kls120 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:53 am

am i just being too naive if I actually believe his story

nightman09

Postby nightman09 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:59 am

I'm just going to assume that most of the sarcastic replies are from people who haven't been to Southeast Asia, or know much about the region. I'm not saying the OP isn't a flame, but the scenario isn't as uncommon as it may seem...

BlueDiamond

Postby BlueDiamond » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:05 am

nightman09 wrote:I'm just going to assume that most of the sarcastic replies are from people who haven't been to Southeast Asia, or know much about the region. I'm not saying the OP isn't a flame, but the scenario isn't as uncommon as it may seem...

I don't think any of us believes it's impossible, just very unlikely. A U.S. citizen being returned to the states after 7 years in captivity in Thailand surely would have brought about some kind of a stir with some news to back it up. I want to read that article!

nightman09

Postby nightman09 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:07 am

Do we know she was a US citizen at the time?

BlueDiamond

Postby BlueDiamond » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:09 am

nightman09 wrote:Do we know she was a US citizen at the time?

We in fact do not! Still, my answer remains the same.. whichever country she is from would have had some kind of news on it when she went missing and when she was returned.

Total Litigator

Postby Total Litigator » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:13 am

OP, when you say you are a minority, do you mean asian?

nightman09

Postby nightman09 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:14 am

BlueDiamond wrote:

We in fact do not! Still, my answer remains the same.. whichever country she is from would have had some kind of news on it when she went missing and when she was returned.

False.

Again, I'm not saying she's not a flame, I'm simply saying that it happens all the time here, and 9 times out of 10 (especially if she were from Thailand, or a surrounding country) it's not covered in the media. If she were a cute white girl from Kansas, then yes, I would expect an article.

AreJay711 wrote:You know why people doubt you? Because people that have really gone through serious shit don't like talking about it even on anonymous internet forums. I know I haven't went through anything as difficult as being held as a prisoner for several years and I don't air my really personal stuff that actually has emotional weight to me on the internet, even when it has some relevance to my law school apps. Maybe you are just really open but it is unlikely, as is what you claim happened, so people here aren't going to believe it.

+1 on this though

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:18 am

nightman09 wrote:Again, I'm not saying she's not a flame, I'm simply saying that it happens all the time here, and 9 times out of 10 (especially if she were from Thailand, or a surrounding country) it's not covered in the media. If she were a cute white girl from Kansas, then yes, I would expect an article.

Murders happen all the time in St. Louis, MO. It was just rated the most dangerous city in the US. If I lived in St. Louis and told you I was murdered, would you believe me?

BlueDiamond

Postby BlueDiamond » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:19 am

nightman09 wrote:
BlueDiamond wrote:

False.

Again, I'm not saying she's not a flame, I'm simply saying that it happens all the time here, and 9 times out of 10 (especially if she were from Thailand, or a surrounding country) it's not covered in the media. If she were a cute white girl from Kansas, then yes, I would expect an article.

AreJay711 wrote:You know why people doubt you? Because people that have really gone through serious shit don't like talking about it even on anonymous internet forums. I know I haven't went through anything as difficult as being held as a prisoner for several years and I don't air my really personal stuff that actually has emotional weight to me on the internet, even when it has some relevance to my law school apps. Maybe you are just really open but it is unlikely, as is what you claim happened, so people here aren't going to believe it.

+1 on this though

Mentioned not wanting to take the GED and wanting to go to high school instead. They basically don't even offer that outside of the U.S. and Canada.

Bajuda

Postby Bajuda » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:21 am

What makes the least sense however, is the fact that she says she ways "sold for ransom" by the street gang that abducted her and then ended up working in a labor facility for seven years. I just got back from teaching English in Thailand and I can say that to abduct a foreign visitor would be an extremely risky move over there. The gang would have to envision the possibility of some serious ransom money to entertain such an idea. The idea that they would sell a foreign kidnapping victim to a labor facility in a region of the world where cheap labor is just about the only thing they have going for them is absurd.

gobuffs10

Postby gobuffs10 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:23 am

HeavenWood wrote:
nightman09 wrote:Again, I'm not saying she's not a flame, I'm simply saying that it happens all the time here, and 9 times out of 10 (especially if she were from Thailand, or a surrounding country) it's not covered in the media. If she were a cute white girl from Kansas, then yes, I would expect an article.

Murders happen all the time in St. Louis, MO. It was just rated the most dangerous city in the US. If I lived in St. Louis and told you I was murdered, would you believe me?

No, cause you should be dead, not telling me you got killed.

BlueDiamond

Postby BlueDiamond » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:24 am

gobuffs10 wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:

insert sarcasm now..

gobuffs10

Postby gobuffs10 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:26 am

BlueDiamond wrote:
gobuffs10 wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:

insert sarcasm now..

I missed something didn't I

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:28 am

gobuffs10 wrote:I missed something didn't I

Only if you thought I was trying to make a serious point.

nightman09

Postby nightman09 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:29 am

Mentioned not wanting to take the GED and wanting to go to high school instead. They basically don't even offer that outside of the U.S. and Canada.

I'm kind of assuming she was sold into slave labor, and then came to the US after which she got residence and received her GED that way. This is merely speculation though...

But all I'm saying is maybe we should be a bit more respectful in the very off-chance that she's not making it up.
Last edited by nightman09 on Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PinkCow

Postby PinkCow » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:29 am

MrButtonwood wrote:

Thanks for nothing.

These two things are inconsistent. Case closed. Chip chop chip.

gobuffs10

Postby gobuffs10 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:31 am

HeavenWood wrote:
gobuffs10 wrote:I missed something didn't I

Only if you thought I was trying to make a serious point.

Sigh. God damn you, finals.

My powers of perception are incredible.

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:32 am

nightman09 wrote:

I'm kind of assuming she was sold into slave labor, and then came to the US after which she got residence and received her GED that way. This is merely speculation though...

But all I'm saying is maybe we should be a bit more respectful in the very off-chance that she's not making it up.

2:1 odds the flying spaghetti monster sent her home.

gobuffs10

Postby gobuffs10 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:33 am

HeavenWood wrote:
nightman09 wrote:

2:1 odds the flying spaghetti monster sent her home.

saved by his noodly appendage

Return to “What are my chances?”