180/2.32 Second Try

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
User avatar
Dex
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:12 pm

Re: 180/2.32 Second Try

Postby Dex » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:55 am

jblev2 wrote:was it a funny kidnapping


Oh my god I laughed hard when I read that.

BlueDiamond
Posts: 953
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: 180/2.32 Second Try

Postby BlueDiamond » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:06 am

It's just tough to picture sitting in English class reading a poorly edited version of Shakespeare and looking over to my 21 year old, 7 year captive friend and asking him/her to buy me a 12-pack after eighth period is all..

MrButtonwood
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:37 pm

Re: 180/2.32 Second Try

Postby MrButtonwood » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:38 am

BlueDiamond wrote:It's just tough to picture sitting in English class reading a poorly edited version of Shakespeare and looking over to my 21 year old, 7 year captive friend and asking him/her to buy me a 12-pack after eighth period is all..


Look dickhead, I went back to school because I was basically deprived of my childhood and I had no friends. It wasn't perfect, but I made some good friends during that time, and that's a hell of a lot better than a stupid GED. As for the kidnapping, since that's all any of you idiots care about, I was abducted by a street gang in Thailand and they sold me for ransom. I spent seven fucking years in a labor facility. I tried to escape over twenty times and was physically abused and almost killed more times than I care to recall. I finally escaped. Real funny story.

Thanks for nothing.

User avatar
PinkCow
Posts: 786
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:03 am

Re: 180/2.32 Second Try

Postby PinkCow » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:45 am

Pics or it didn't happen?

BlueDiamond
Posts: 953
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: 180/2.32 Second Try

Postby BlueDiamond » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:47 am

MrButtonwood wrote:
BlueDiamond wrote:It's just tough to picture sitting in English class reading a poorly edited version of Shakespeare and looking over to my 21 year old, 7 year captive friend and asking him/her to buy me a 12-pack after eighth period is all..


Look dickhead, I went back to school because I was basically deprived of my childhood and I had no friends. It wasn't perfect, but I made some good friends during that time, and that's a hell of a lot better than a stupid GED. As for the kidnapping, since that's all any of you idiots care about, I was abducted by a street gang in Thailand and they sold me for ransom. I spent seven fucking years in a labor facility. I tried to escape over twenty times and was physically abused and almost killed more times than I care to recall. I finally escaped. Real funny story.

Thanks for nothing.


My post wasn't even that mean.. It's a pretty good point actually. Many high schools don't even allow people of that age to attend.

Oh, and by any chance was the street gang wearing clothing or sneakers that said "Nike" on them? I've heard that gang has similar labor practices in that area.

On a more serious note, the story sounds interesting and I'd actually like to know more if you're willing to share. Or, any links to old news articles by any chance so I can read up on it?

User avatar
gobuffs10
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:20 am

Re: 180/2.32 Second Try

Postby gobuffs10 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:48 am

chip3341 wrote:Pics or it didn't happen?


this. I won't dare call for rule 34 though

kls120
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:51 pm

Re: 180/2.32 Second Try

Postby kls120 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:53 am

am i just being too naive if I actually believe his story

User avatar
nightman09
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:40 am

Re: 180/2.32 Second Try

Postby nightman09 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:59 am

I'm just going to assume that most of the sarcastic replies are from people who haven't been to Southeast Asia, or know much about the region. I'm not saying the OP isn't a flame, but the scenario isn't as uncommon as it may seem...

BlueDiamond
Posts: 953
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: 180/2.32 Second Try

Postby BlueDiamond » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:05 am

nightman09 wrote:I'm just going to assume that most of the sarcastic replies are from people who haven't been to Southeast Asia, or know much about the region. I'm not saying the OP isn't a flame, but the scenario isn't as uncommon as it may seem...


I don't think any of us believes it's impossible, just very unlikely. A U.S. citizen being returned to the states after 7 years in captivity in Thailand surely would have brought about some kind of a stir with some news to back it up. I want to read that article!

User avatar
nightman09
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:40 am

Re: 180/2.32 Second Try

Postby nightman09 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:07 am

Do we know she was a US citizen at the time?

BlueDiamond
Posts: 953
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: 180/2.32 Second Try

Postby BlueDiamond » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:09 am

nightman09 wrote:Do we know she was a US citizen at the time?


We in fact do not! Still, my answer remains the same.. whichever country she is from would have had some kind of news on it when she went missing and when she was returned.

Total Litigator
Posts: 695
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:17 pm

Re: 180/2.32 Second Try

Postby Total Litigator » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:13 am

OP, when you say you are a minority, do you mean asian?

User avatar
nightman09
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:40 am

Re: 180/2.32 Second Try

Postby nightman09 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:14 am

BlueDiamond wrote:
nightman09 wrote:Do we know she was a US citizen at the time?


We in fact do not! Still, my answer remains the same.. whichever country she is from would have had some kind of news on it when she went missing and when she was returned.


False.

Again, I'm not saying she's not a flame, I'm simply saying that it happens all the time here, and 9 times out of 10 (especially if she were from Thailand, or a surrounding country) it's not covered in the media. If she were a cute white girl from Kansas, then yes, I would expect an article.

AreJay711 wrote:You know why people doubt you? Because people that have really gone through serious shit don't like talking about it even on anonymous internet forums. I know I haven't went through anything as difficult as being held as a prisoner for several years and I don't air my really personal stuff that actually has emotional weight to me on the internet, even when it has some relevance to my law school apps. Maybe you are just really open but it is unlikely, as is what you claim happened, so people here aren't going to believe it.


+1 on this though

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: 180/2.32 Second Try

Postby HeavenWood » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:18 am

nightman09 wrote:Again, I'm not saying she's not a flame, I'm simply saying that it happens all the time here, and 9 times out of 10 (especially if she were from Thailand, or a surrounding country) it's not covered in the media. If she were a cute white girl from Kansas, then yes, I would expect an article.


Murders happen all the time in St. Louis, MO. It was just rated the most dangerous city in the US. If I lived in St. Louis and told you I was murdered, would you believe me?

BlueDiamond
Posts: 953
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: 180/2.32 Second Try

Postby BlueDiamond » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:19 am

nightman09 wrote:
BlueDiamond wrote:
nightman09 wrote:Do we know she was a US citizen at the time?


We in fact do not! Still, my answer remains the same.. whichever country she is from would have had some kind of news on it when she went missing and when she was returned.


False.

Again, I'm not saying she's not a flame, I'm simply saying that it happens all the time here, and 9 times out of 10 (especially if she were from Thailand, or a surrounding country) it's not covered in the media. If she were a cute white girl from Kansas, then yes, I would expect an article.

AreJay711 wrote:You know why people doubt you? Because people that have really gone through serious shit don't like talking about it even on anonymous internet forums. I know I haven't went through anything as difficult as being held as a prisoner for several years and I don't air my really personal stuff that actually has emotional weight to me on the internet, even when it has some relevance to my law school apps. Maybe you are just really open but it is unlikely, as is what you claim happened, so people here aren't going to believe it.


+1 on this though


Mentioned not wanting to take the GED and wanting to go to high school instead. They basically don't even offer that outside of the U.S. and Canada.

User avatar
Bajuda
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:43 am

Re: 180/2.32 Second Try

Postby Bajuda » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:21 am

What makes the least sense however, is the fact that she says she ways "sold for ransom" by the street gang that abducted her and then ended up working in a labor facility for seven years. I just got back from teaching English in Thailand and I can say that to abduct a foreign visitor would be an extremely risky move over there. The gang would have to envision the possibility of some serious ransom money to entertain such an idea. The idea that they would sell a foreign kidnapping victim to a labor facility in a region of the world where cheap labor is just about the only thing they have going for them is absurd.

User avatar
gobuffs10
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:20 am

Re: 180/2.32 Second Try

Postby gobuffs10 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:23 am

HeavenWood wrote:
nightman09 wrote:Again, I'm not saying she's not a flame, I'm simply saying that it happens all the time here, and 9 times out of 10 (especially if she were from Thailand, or a surrounding country) it's not covered in the media. If she were a cute white girl from Kansas, then yes, I would expect an article.


Murders happen all the time in St. Louis, MO. It was just rated the most dangerous city in the US. If I lived in St. Louis and told you I was murdered, would you believe me?


No, cause you should be dead, not telling me you got killed.

BlueDiamond
Posts: 953
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: 180/2.32 Second Try

Postby BlueDiamond » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:24 am

gobuffs10 wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:
nightman09 wrote:Again, I'm not saying she's not a flame, I'm simply saying that it happens all the time here, and 9 times out of 10 (especially if she were from Thailand, or a surrounding country) it's not covered in the media. If she were a cute white girl from Kansas, then yes, I would expect an article.


Murders happen all the time in St. Louis, MO. It was just rated the most dangerous city in the US. If I lived in St. Louis and told you I was murdered, would you believe me?


No, cause you should be dead, not telling me you got killed.


insert sarcasm now..

User avatar
gobuffs10
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:20 am

Re: 180/2.32 Second Try

Postby gobuffs10 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:26 am

BlueDiamond wrote:
gobuffs10 wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:
nightman09 wrote:Again, I'm not saying she's not a flame, I'm simply saying that it happens all the time here, and 9 times out of 10 (especially if she were from Thailand, or a surrounding country) it's not covered in the media. If she were a cute white girl from Kansas, then yes, I would expect an article.


Murders happen all the time in St. Louis, MO. It was just rated the most dangerous city in the US. If I lived in St. Louis and told you I was murdered, would you believe me?


No, cause you should be dead, not telling me you got killed.


insert sarcasm now..


I missed something didn't I

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: 180/2.32 Second Try

Postby HeavenWood » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:28 am

gobuffs10 wrote:I missed something didn't I


Only if you thought I was trying to make a serious point.

User avatar
nightman09
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:40 am

Re: 180/2.32 Second Try

Postby nightman09 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:29 am

Mentioned not wanting to take the GED and wanting to go to high school instead. They basically don't even offer that outside of the U.S. and Canada.


I'm kind of assuming she was sold into slave labor, and then came to the US after which she got residence and received her GED that way. This is merely speculation though...

But all I'm saying is maybe we should be a bit more respectful in the very off-chance that she's not making it up.
Last edited by nightman09 on Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
PinkCow
Posts: 786
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:03 am

Re: 180/2.32 Second Try

Postby PinkCow » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:29 am

MrButtonwood wrote:
BlueDiamond wrote:It's just tough to picture sitting in English class reading a poorly edited version of Shakespeare and looking over to my 21 year old, 7 year captive friend and asking him/her to buy me a 12-pack after eighth period is all..


Look dickhead, I went back to school because I was basically deprived of my childhood and I had no friends. It wasn't perfect, but I made some good friends during that time, and that's a hell of a lot better than a stupid GED. As for the kidnapping, since that's all any of you idiots care about, I was abducted by a street gang in Thailand and they sold me for ransom. I spent seven fucking years in a labor facility. I tried to escape over twenty times and was physically abused and almost killed more times than I care to recall. I finally escaped. Real funny story.

Thanks for nothing.



These two things are inconsistent. Case closed. Chip chop chip.

User avatar
gobuffs10
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:20 am

Re: 180/2.32 Second Try

Postby gobuffs10 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:31 am

HeavenWood wrote:
gobuffs10 wrote:I missed something didn't I


Only if you thought I was trying to make a serious point.


Sigh. God damn you, finals.

My powers of perception are incredible.

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: 180/2.32 Second Try

Postby HeavenWood » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:32 am

nightman09 wrote:
Mentioned not wanting to take the GED and wanting to go to high school instead. They basically don't even offer that outside of the U.S. and Canada.


I'm kind of assuming she was sold into slave labor, and then came to the US after which she got residence and received her GED that way. This is merely speculation though...

But all I'm saying is maybe we should be a bit more respectful in the very off-chance that she's not making it up.


2:1 odds the flying spaghetti monster sent her home.

User avatar
gobuffs10
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:20 am

Re: 180/2.32 Second Try

Postby gobuffs10 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:33 am

HeavenWood wrote:
nightman09 wrote:
Mentioned not wanting to take the GED and wanting to go to high school instead. They basically don't even offer that outside of the U.S. and Canada.


I'm kind of assuming she was sold into slave labor, and then came to the US after which she got residence and received her GED that way. This is merely speculation though...

But all I'm saying is maybe we should be a bit more respectful in the very off-chance that she's not making it up.


2:1 odds the flying spaghetti monster sent her home.


saved by his noodly appendage




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests