2.8 + 157 (Oct10) + work. Apply now or wait til Dec results?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
smdewart
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:51 pm

2.8 + 157 (Oct10) + work. Apply now or wait til Dec results?

Postby smdewart » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:13 pm

So here's my story. I really didn't achieve as an undergrad due to personal problems and lack of focus (I ran an online marketing company I founded as a teenager). Got a 2.8, but from a reputable small lib-arts college. I'm 26 now and have held "real" corporate marketing jobs and have been promoted multiple times.

Took the LSAT in October and got a 157, which was way under my PTs. Also took it today. I felt a tad better on this exam, but the "stained glass" LG really screwed me as apparently it has many others on here.

Planning to apply to part-time evening programs in Chicago: Chicago-Kent, DePaul, and Loyola. With this in mind, should I apply now with my 157 (given the p/t programs seem to accept relatively lower LSAT scores) and simply play it safe (should my Dec score be lower somehow)? Is there any advantage of applying NOW versus mid-January, even if, say, I get a Dec score a point or two higher)?

User avatar
2011L1
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:33 pm

Re: 2.8 + 157 (Oct10) + work. Apply now or wait til Dec results?

Postby 2011L1 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:14 pm

smdewart wrote:So here's my story. I really didn't achieve as an undergrad due to personal problems and lack of focus (I ran an online marketing company I founded as a teenager). Got a 2.8, but from a reputable small lib-arts college. I'm 26 now and have held "real" corporate marketing jobs and have been promoted multiple times.

Took the LSAT in October and got a 157, which was way under my PTs. Also took it today. I felt a tad better on this exam, but the "stained glass" LG really screwed me as apparently it has many others on here.

Planning to apply to part-time evening programs in Chicago: Chicago-Kent, DePaul, and Loyola. With this in mind, should I apply now with my 157 (given the p/t programs seem to accept relatively lower LSAT scores) and simply play it safe (should my Dec score be lower somehow)? Is there any advantage of applying NOW versus mid-January, even if, say, I get a Dec score a point or two higher)?


what's your ethnicity?




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jjcorvino and 2 guests