Emory and UF? Already in at FSU Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Cmart050

New

Emory and UF? Already in at FSU

Post by Cmart050 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:22 pm

Thank you to FSU for loving my LSAT.

I have a 166/2.87. Right now I am pretty set on FSU pending a visit. (I'm from Miami but have never been to Tally or Gville) I got a call from them after a week telling me of my acceptance, but there is something about UF's prestige that intrigues me. If I am WL or accepted it will make for a tough decision, but I digress.

Anyways, what do you guys think about UF? I include Emory in the outside shot I get a scholarship for being spanish. Ah well.

SupraVln180

Silver

Re: Emory and UF? Already in at FSU

Post by SupraVln180 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:34 pm

I would definitely guess you're Cuban.

FSU will place you well in Florida, probably not as good as UF or UM though, so if you can get into either of those, go there. FSU is a dope school though, big Noles college football fan. Send an app to Emory, they will accept an ex-convict with a 2.3 GPA, as long as they have a 166 LSAT.

Cmart050

New

Post by Cmart050 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:42 pm

I don't think I am going to apply to UM. $14,000 a year at FSU, which is also higher ranked, is an easy decision compared to $38,000 a year at UM, even if I could live at home while attending. I've worked with numerous judges as a result of my internship at the county courthouse and there is general consensus that UM is going really downhill. This is coming from a lifelong Canes fan, too. I heard a lot of great things about Florida State but like I said the prestige (or maybe the fact that I may not get accepted) makes UF very appealing.

SupraVln180

Silver

Post by SupraVln180 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:15 pm

I'm from NYC, but my girlfriend used to live in Miami and she talks about how UF has the "prestige" factor down there. If you can get comparable money at UF. Go there, if not, enjoy Tallahasse.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”