3.4/172 -- Chances at Top 20?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
willreiter
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:52 pm

3.4/172 -- Chances at Top 20?

Postby willreiter » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:48 pm

Great work experience, recs and personal statement, GPA is a little low but high upward trend (know this prob won't matter too much)

Already submitted apps to UVA, Cornell, Vandy, Fordham, Northwestern, Georgetown, UCLA and USC

What do you guys think?

User avatar
FlightoftheEarls
Posts: 857
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:50 pm

Re: 3.4/172 -- Chances at Top 20?

Postby FlightoftheEarls » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:39 pm

Decent to strong chances at all of them, although UCLA likes GPAs and UVA will be tough without ED. I'd also throw apps at Penn and Michigan if I were you.

dissonance1848
Posts: 706
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: 3.4/172 -- Chances at Top 20?

Postby dissonance1848 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:11 pm

UVA - out
Cornell - in
NU- out without WE, with WE in
Gtown - in
Vandy - WL??
Fordham - in with $$
UCLA - WL? (they like GPAs)
USC - in with $$

User avatar
FuManChusco
Posts: 1217
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:56 pm

Re: 3.4/172 -- Chances at Top 20?

Postby FuManChusco » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:09 pm

dissonance1848 wrote:UVA - out
Cornell - in
NU- out without WE, with WE in
Gtown - in
Vandy - WL??
Fordham - in with $$
UCLA - WL? (they like GPAs)
USC - in with $$


+1. Not sure about money at USC with that GPA though. Cali schools are whores for GPA. OP should ED to V or M. CCN seem unlikely anyways.

mst
Posts: 925
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:01 am

Re: 3.4/172 -- Chances at Top 20?

Postby mst » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:39 pm

FuManChusco wrote:
dissonance1848 wrote:UVA - out
Cornell - in
NU- out without WE, with WE in
Gtown - in
Vandy - WL??
Fordham - in with $$
UCLA - WL? (they like GPAs)
USC - in with $$


+1. Not sure about money at USC with that GPA though. Cali schools are whores for GPA. OP should ED to V or M. CCN seem unlikely anyways.


Agreed. Although I think the M ED deadline passed? Didn't it?

User avatar
Kabuo
Posts: 1114
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:53 am

Re: 3.4/172 -- Chances at Top 20?

Postby Kabuo » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:44 pm

M deadline is long passed. Had to go complete by 11/15. I'm in a similar boat, OP. 3.2/172, upward trend, etc. Applied to M on down with no decisions back yet.

User avatar
FuManChusco
Posts: 1217
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:56 pm

Re: 3.4/172 -- Chances at Top 20?

Postby FuManChusco » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:15 pm

Kabuo wrote:M deadline is long passed. Had to go complete by 11/15. I'm in a similar boat, OP. 3.2/172, upward trend, etc. Applied to M on down with no decisions back yet.


didn't know that. OP should definitely apply to more t14s then. I would even think about going to fordham with those numbers. waste of an app.

trudat15
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:57 pm

Re: 3.4/172 -- Chances at Top 20?

Postby trudat15 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:37 pm

willreiter wrote:Great work experience, recs and personal statement, GPA is a little low but high upward trend (know this prob won't matter too much)

Already submitted apps to UVA, Cornell, Vandy, Fordham, Northwestern, Georgetown, UCLA and USC

What do you guys think?


UVa out unless y ou are in state or switch to ED.
Cornell in, vandy in, fordham in, NW in with WE, gtown in, ucla/usc in. People say Cali schools are GPA whores, though I have a 3.4, only a slightly higher LSAT, and am already in at UCLA.

mst
Posts: 925
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:01 am

Re: 3.4/172 -- Chances at Top 20?

Postby mst » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:21 am

trudat15 wrote:
willreiter wrote:Great work experience, recs and personal statement, GPA is a little low but high upward trend (know this prob won't matter too much)

Already submitted apps to UVA, Cornell, Vandy, Fordham, Northwestern, Georgetown, UCLA and USC

What do you guys think?


UVa out unless y ou are in state or switch to ED.
Cornell in, vandy in, fordham in, NW in with WE, gtown in, ucla/usc in. People say Cali schools are GPA whores, though I have a 3.4, only a slightly higher LSAT, and am already in at UCLA.


I think you were a lucky one with UCLA. I think Op is wl at ucla.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: echonov, quietnoise and 5 guests