2.95 170 (no WE) or wait a year?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
StateSchoolSplitter
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:53 pm

2.95 170 (no WE) or wait a year?

Postby StateSchoolSplitter » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:32 pm

2.95 170, PT WE starting sophomore year with upward GPA trend

softs: leadership position in campus club, lots of volunteering (volunteering coordinator of a club)

Should I wait a year, get the GPA up to 3 and get a year or two of WE and ED to UVa and NU?

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: 2.95 170 (no WE) or wait a year?

Postby arism87 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:40 pm

StateSchoolSplitter wrote:2.95 170, PT WE starting sophomore year with upward GPA trend

softs: leadership position in campus club, lots of volunteering (volunteering coordinator of a club)

Should I wait a year, get the GPA up to 3 and get a year or two of WE and ED to UVa and NU?


Wait, get the GPA to 3, and get a year of WE. It's a little late for UVA ED to take those numbers I think (or at least that's what people keep saying, I actually have no idea) and NU will want the WE.

StateSchoolSplitter
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:53 pm

Re: 2.95 170 (no WE) or wait a year?

Postby StateSchoolSplitter » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:44 pm

arism87 wrote:
StateSchoolSplitter wrote:2.95 170, PT WE starting sophomore year with upward GPA trend

softs: leadership position in campus club, lots of volunteering (volunteering coordinator of a club)

Should I wait a year, get the GPA up to 3 and get a year or two of WE and ED to UVa and NU?


Wait, get the GPA to 3, and get a year of WE. It's a little late for UVA ED to take those numbers I think (or at least that's what people keep saying, I actually have no idea) and NU will want the WE.


Can I apply in my first year of WE, defer admission a year and get another year of WE under my belt? I'm planning on doing AmeriCorps and would like another year of student loan help.

It would be nice to have that security early on.

Also, can EDs defer?

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: 2.95 170 (no WE) or wait a year?

Postby arism87 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:46 pm

StateSchoolSplitter wrote:
arism87 wrote:
StateSchoolSplitter wrote:2.95 170, PT WE starting sophomore year with upward GPA trend

softs: leadership position in campus club, lots of volunteering (volunteering coordinator of a club)

Should I wait a year, get the GPA up to 3 and get a year or two of WE and ED to UVa and NU?


Wait, get the GPA to 3, and get a year of WE. It's a little late for UVA ED to take those numbers I think (or at least that's what people keep saying, I actually have no idea) and NU will want the WE.


Can I apply in my first year of WE, defer admission a year and get another year of WE under my belt? I'm planning on doing AmeriCorps and would like another year of student loan help.

It would be nice to have that security early on.

Also, can EDs defer?


I THINK deferrals are usually a case-by-case basis and depend on the school. That said, why wouldn't you just apply during your second year of WE? What's the point of applying if you know you'll defer?

StateSchoolSplitter
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:53 pm

Re: 2.95 170 (no WE) or wait a year?

Postby StateSchoolSplitter » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:48 pm

arism87 wrote:
StateSchoolSplitter wrote:
arism87 wrote:
StateSchoolSplitter wrote:2.95 170, PT WE starting sophomore year with upward GPA trend

softs: leadership position in campus club, lots of volunteering (volunteering coordinator of a club)

Should I wait a year, get the GPA up to 3 and get a year or two of WE and ED to UVa and NU?


Wait, get the GPA to 3, and get a year of WE. It's a little late for UVA ED to take those numbers I think (or at least that's what people keep saying, I actually have no idea) and NU will want the WE.


Can I apply in my first year of WE, defer admission a year and get another year of WE under my belt? I'm planning on doing AmeriCorps and would like another year of student loan help.

It would be nice to have that security early on.

Also, can EDs defer?


I THINK deferrals are usually a case-by-case basis and depend on the school. That said, why wouldn't you just apply during your second year of WE? What's the point of applying if you know you'll defer?


I crave security.

That's why I want to eventually work in BIGLAW, of course :-P.

whymeohgodno
Posts: 2508
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:15 pm

Re: 2.95 170 (no WE) or wait a year?

Postby whymeohgodno » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:40 pm

Starting sophomore year of College? What?

You can apply to law school that early?!

User avatar
im_blue
Posts: 3276
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:53 am

Re: 2.95 170 (no WE) or wait a year?

Postby im_blue » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:45 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:Starting sophomore year of College? What?

You can apply to law school that early?!


StateSchoolSplitter wrote:PT WE starting sophomore year

pereira6
Posts: 604
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:10 pm

Re: 2.95 170 (no WE) or wait a year?

Postby pereira6 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:49 pm

If you are able to take a year or two off and do something of value to your life before law school, it is understood to be largely a positive thing.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: grades??, xn3345 and 8 guests