151 LSAT/4.0 UGPA & Masters GPA

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
KYExtemper

151 LSAT/4.0 UGPA & Masters GPA

Postby KYExtemper » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:33 am

Hey guys,

I wanted to get some opinions about my current situation. I took the LSAT in October and scored a 151. This was about eight points less than my PT average, but I went in unprepared and had a complete meltdown. I suffer a little from test anxiety on "measurement" tests, whether they are GRE or SAT or the LSAT whereas I don't have those problems with academic tests.

I have a 4.0 undergrad GPA and also have a 4.0 GPA for my masters degree.

Softs: I also have a year of high school teaching experience. I was also a national champion speaker in college and nationally recognized coach for high school students. I'll have three solid academic LOR's and one solid professional LOR.

This cycle I'm looking at four schools in particular (I want to stay in the South):

*William & Mary
*Georgia
*University of Kentucky
*Ole Miss

I'm retaking the LSAT in December and I'm aiming to get a score in the 162-165 range. I've been studying a lot with PT's and such, and I've gotten my range up into 159-162 with a week to go. However, if my LSAT numbers did not significantly improve over this 151 (or if I only was able to raise it to 156 or so) what am I looking at? Thanks in advance.

digitalcntrl

Re: 151 LSAT/4.0 UGPA & Masters GPA

Postby digitalcntrl » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:19 am

KYExtemper wrote:However, if my LSAT numbers did not significantly improve over this 151 (or if I only was able to raise it to 156 or so) what am I looking at? Thanks in advance.

If your scores don't improve significantly I think you are out everywhere you mentioned except maybe Ole Miss. Frankly you are looking at lower T2 and T3 schools.

FuManChusco

Postby FuManChusco » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:54 am

come back when you have a score. I wouldn't bother applying with less than a 165 if I were you though. missing the t14 with a 4.0 ugpa would be a tragedy.

benedict.assnold

Postby benedict.assnold » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:41 pm

Retake, OP must be a basketweaving major to attain a 4.0 GPA and 151 LSAT

ATR

Postby ATR » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:44 pm

Obligatory "retake."

taxguy

Postby taxguy » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:53 pm

I personally know someone who did almost as well as you in undergrad and did the same LSAT score and got into Maryland. Y ou defintitely have a shot for schools that have median LSAT in the high 150 range and maybe even 160. However, you MUST write a fabulous personal statement indicating that you are an outlyer from the exam. This would be particularly pursuasive if you did badly on your SATs or GMATs and can show them that you outperfomed all your standardized tests.

Also, do the schools that you attended for either undergrad or grad have law schools? You have a much better shot getting in their with your GPA. I don't see how a school can turn down their own valedictorian.

Return to “What are my chances?”