168/3.44/semi-URM

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
lalaelikapeka

168/3.44/semi-URM

Postby lalaelikapeka » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:56 pm

Any guesses on my chances with a 3.44 / 168 with a biology/Spanish double major from a top 5 school? I'm a white/URM "mix" (female) with 2 years full-time work experience and a pretty solid resume with research/leadership/service/etc

U Texas-Austin
U Houston
Vanderbilt
Berkeley
Washington University (MO)
Boston University
Boston College
Harvard
Fordham
Columbia
Pepperdine
Cardozo
Rutgers-Newark
Duke
Cornell
U Penn
U Chicago
Georgetown
Northwestern

Thanks!

NZA

Re: 168/3.44/semi-URM

Postby NZA » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:01 pm

Just out of curiosity, may I ask what URM you are? :) I'm mixed race, as well.

I think you could probably get into a lot of those schools if you write a DS! Including the lower-end T-14s. Are you applying this year or next year? If you're applying this year, you should probably get your apps out before Christmas, I'm thinking.

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:03 pm

You will get into the highest ranked school that considers you urm, and expect to get some serious $$$.

FYI, here is all that matters: 3.44 / 168 / URM

Everything else is a soft at best.

Good luck!

krad

Postby krad » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:05 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:You will get into the highest ranked school that considers you urm, and expect to get some serious $$$.

FYI, here is all that matters: 3.44 / 168 / URM

Everything else is a soft at best.

Good luck!

This. Good luck!! Get those apps in ASAP.

PS: Awesome tar NU_Jet :)

lalaelikapeka

Postby lalaelikapeka » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:18 pm

NZA wrote:Just out of curiosity, may I ask what URM you are? :) I'm mixed race, as well.

I think you could probably get into a lot of those schools if you write a DS! Including the lower-end T-14s. Are you applying this year or next year? If you're applying this year, you should probably get your apps out before Christmas, I'm thinking.

Native American - both my parents are half - oh Texas. :D
and I'm applying this year, already sent many applications, just wondering if I should add some to be safe...

NZA

Postby NZA » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:24 pm

lalaelikapeka wrote:
NZA wrote:Just out of curiosity, may I ask what URM you are? :) I'm mixed race, as well.

and I'm applying this year, already sent many applications, just wondering if I should add some to be safe...

Awesome! :) I have a good friend who herself is half-native (Spokane Tribe). I'm NH myself.

Honestly, I'd apply up and down the T-14 if I were you, especially if you can get fee waivers to offset the cost. You're golden. And good luck!

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:57 pm

lalaelikapeka wrote:

Native American??? In that case, I wouldn't apply anywhere outside the T17. You will get a HUGE boost (larger than any other minority group). With that LSAT, I would extremely surprised if you didn't get into multiple schools in the T6 and a full scholly to at least one school in the T12.

FuManChusco

Postby FuManChusco » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:15 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:
lalaelikapeka wrote:

Native American??? In that case, I wouldn't apply anywhere outside the T17. You will get a HUGE boost (larger than any other minority group). With that LSAT, I would extremely surprised if you didn't get into multiple schools in the T6 and a full scholly to at least one school in the T12.

Where'd you hear that? OP will need a great DS imho. I'm pretty sure AA and PR/Mex get much better boost than NA. I'm really uninformed about URM admissions though.

HowdyYall

Postby HowdyYall » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:16 pm

FuManChusco wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:
lalaelikapeka wrote:

Where'd you hear that? OP will need a great DS imho. I'm pretty sure AA and PR/Mex get much better boost than NA. I'm really uninformed about URM admissions though.

I dont know; usually if you check off the native american box they require "Tribal Affiliation"

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:30 pm

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/fiddlefreak/jd

This should give you a pretty good idea of what to expect. Although she had a higher gpa, you've got a higher LSAT, similar numbers, she's Half white/Half Native American, and this is just last year's admission cycle.

sophia.olive

Postby sophia.olive » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:41 pm

are you serious, that is a horrible example (3.9, 167)

you need to apply to some more middle of the road schools than this person like CCNP

I thought AA male got the biggest boost?

Write a diversity statement. nothing is wrong with retaking the lsat and applying next cycle.

Return to “What are my chances?”