3.0/170, Two Years Americorps VISTA

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
HYH (HopeYouHelp)

New
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:02 am

3.0/170, Two Years Americorps VISTA

Postby HYH (HopeYouHelp) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:35 pm

Taking suggestions.

whymeohgodno

Gold
Posts: 2508
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:15 pm

Re: 3.0/170, Two Years Americorps VISTA

Postby whymeohgodno » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:36 pm

ED to UVA

HYH (HopeYouHelp)

New
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:02 am

Re: 3.0/170, Two Years Americorps VISTA

Postby HYH (HopeYouHelp) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:39 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:ED to UVA


Chances? Also, 170 is below their 75 percentile.

whymeohgodno

Gold
Posts: 2508
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:15 pm

Re: 3.0/170, Two Years Americorps VISTA

Postby whymeohgodno » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:40 pm

HYH (HopeYouHelp) wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:ED to UVA


Chances? Also, 170 is below their 75 percentile.


Better than 60%? Are you in state by any chance?

HYH (HopeYouHelp)

New
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:02 am

Re: 3.0/170, Two Years Americorps VISTA

Postby HYH (HopeYouHelp) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:43 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:
HYH (HopeYouHelp) wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:ED to UVA


Chances? Also, 170 is below their 75 percentile.


Better than 60%? Are you in state by any chance?


OOS

whymeohgodno

Gold
Posts: 2508
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:15 pm

Re: 3.0/170, Two Years Americorps VISTA

Postby whymeohgodno » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:44 pm

HYH (HopeYouHelp) wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:
HYH (HopeYouHelp) wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:ED to UVA


Chances? Also, 170 is below their 75 percentile.


Better than 60%? Are you in state by any chance?


OOS


ED to UVA asap. If that doesn't fall through maybe ED to GTown.

09042014

Diamond
Posts: 18204
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: 3.0/170, Two Years Americorps VISTA

Postby 09042014 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:46 pm

Make sure you apply to Georgetown, Northwestern, Michigan, Minnesota, WUSTL, Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, George Washington, W&L, and a other T1s you like.

dissonance1848

Silver
Posts: 706
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: 3.0/170, Two Years Americorps VISTA

Postby dissonance1848 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:46 pm

Apply to the midwestern schools, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, WUSTL, Indiana, and other lower Tier 1 schools in regions you wish to practice. Good luck.

Hey Desert Fox, I thought Georgetown and Northwestern would probably wish for higher LSAT, or am I wrong?

HYH (HopeYouHelp)

New
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:02 am

Re: 3.0/170, Two Years Americorps VISTA

Postby HYH (HopeYouHelp) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:48 pm

dissonance1848 wrote:With a 3.0/170, even ED to UVA is not going to get you in, even in-state. You need above a 3 and a 170 for it to have a good shot, and the cycle is pretty late now. Since you have no WE, NU is out too, so T-14 is shut down (unless you want to ED to Georgetown and see if they bite).

Apply to the midwestern schools, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, WUSTL, Indiana, and other lower Tier 1 schools in regions you wish to practice. Good luckl.


AC doesn't give a boost at all @ NU?

09042014

Diamond
Posts: 18204
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: 3.0/170, Two Years Americorps VISTA

Postby 09042014 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:48 pm

dissonance1848 wrote:With a 3.0/170, even ED to UVA is not going to get you in, even in-state. You need above a 3 and a 170 for it to have a good shot, and the cycle is pretty late now. Since you have no WE, NU is out too, so T-14 is shut down (unless you want to ED to Georgetown and see if they bite).

Apply to the midwestern schools, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, WUSTL, Indiana, and other lower Tier 1 schools in regions you wish to practice. Good luckl.


OP's W/E is in the title.

09042014

Diamond
Posts: 18204
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: 3.0/170, Two Years Americorps VISTA

Postby 09042014 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:49 pm

HYH (HopeYouHelp) wrote:
dissonance1848 wrote:With a 3.0/170, even ED to UVA is not going to get you in, even in-state. You need above a 3 and a 170 for it to have a good shot, and the cycle is pretty late now. Since you have no WE, NU is out too, so T-14 is shut down (unless you want to ED to Georgetown and see if they bite).

Apply to the midwestern schools, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, WUSTL, Indiana, and other lower Tier 1 schools in regions you wish to practice. Good luckl.


AC doesn't give a boost at all @ NU?


It will count as regular work experience. I doubt it would be any better than working in an office for 2 years. But it gets you past the W/E requirement.



Return to “What are my chances??

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 4 guests