Tough Admissions Cycle So Far - Thoughts

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
SirWilliam1022
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:04 am

Re: Tough Admissions Cycle So Far - Thoughts

Postby SirWilliam1022 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:51 am

Below the median at UPenn... between 25th percentile and 50th percentile... more like 3 points. Either way he is a jerk

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Tough Admissions Cycle So Far - Thoughts

Postby 4102011 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:53 am

whymeohgodno wrote:
beachbum wrote:
SirWilliam1022 wrote:I was hoping that E.E. meant engineering. 2.66 in Elementary education. Did you ever make it to middle school?


dude, just give it up. Seriously. There is nothing to be won here. Just walk away.


Come on - don't be a spoilsport. I like watching useless arguments on TLS.


Seriously. How else am I supposed to procrastinate?

& <3 waterman

User avatar
$1.99
Posts: 684
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:49 am

Re: Tough Admissions Cycle So Far - Thoughts

Postby $1.99 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:53 am

i sense numbers envy. why all the hate towards prince william? not his fault he didn't know softs did not count that much.

justadude55
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Tough Admissions Cycle So Far - Thoughts

Postby justadude55 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:53 am

SirWilliam1022 wrote:Below the median at UPenn... between 25th percentile and 50th percentile... more like 3 points. Either way he is a jerk

upenns median is above a 172?

User avatar
D. H2Oman
Posts: 7469
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 am

Re: Tough Admissions Cycle So Far - Thoughts

Postby D. H2Oman » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:53 am

whymeohgodno wrote:
D. H2Oman wrote:
SirWilliam1022 wrote:I was hoping that E.E. meant engineering. 2.66 in Elementary education. Did you ever make it to middle school?



It was hard for me to keep focused man. I was president of 8 clubs and did 1100 hours of volunteer work. At least I dedicated myself outside of the classroom. Sounds like UVA (a school known for looking beyond numbers and their holistic admissions approach) realized that you SIR did not.


lolwut


??


Yes, most schools are all about numbers, UVA is not one of them. They have the most legit honest admissions process in the game.

User avatar
Deuce
Posts: 1048
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:12 am

Re: Tough Admissions Cycle So Far - Thoughts

Postby Deuce » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:54 am

SirWilliam1022 wrote:Below the median at UPenn... between 25th percentile and 50th percentile... more like 3 points. Either way he is a jerk

Not a jerk, I'm just a green beret of society's affinity... or whatever it was you said

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Tough Admissions Cycle So Far - Thoughts

Postby 4102011 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:54 am

$1.99 wrote:i sense numbers envy. why all the hate towards prince william? not his fault he didn't know softs did not count that much.


Though this raises an important question. Is he prince william before or after the tragic hair loss? Because UVA might have taken that into consideration...

User avatar
$1.99
Posts: 684
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:49 am

Re: Tough Admissions Cycle So Far - Thoughts

Postby $1.99 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:55 am

lol good one sir.

looks like all the keyboard warriors are out in full strength tonight

User avatar
PinkCow
Posts: 786
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:03 am

Re: Tough Admissions Cycle So Far - Thoughts

Postby PinkCow » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:55 am

TLSchan?

whymeohgodno
Posts: 2508
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:15 pm

Re: Tough Admissions Cycle So Far - Thoughts

Postby whymeohgodno » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:56 am

D. H2Oman wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:
D. H2Oman wrote:
SirWilliam1022 wrote:I was hoping that E.E. meant engineering. 2.66 in Elementary education. Did you ever make it to middle school?



It was hard for me to keep focused man. I was president of 8 clubs and did 1100 hours of volunteer work. At least I dedicated myself outside of the classroom. Sounds like UVA (a school known for looking beyond numbers and their holistic admissions approach) realized that you SIR did not.


lolwut


??


Yes, most schools are all about numbers, UVA is not one of them. They have the most legit honest admissions process in the game.


lololol

User avatar
forward
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:16 am

Re: Tough Admissions Cycle So Far - Thoughts

Postby forward » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:56 am

SirWilliam1022 wrote:You have a 2.7 GPA and your butt buddy has an LSAT that is below the median for UPenn. Guess what. You both suck at life. Why don't you make your own posts rather than pissing on other people. The two of you are entirely bereft of societal utility and should give up on life now. Also, don't post your abysmal admissions statistics if you are going to continue to talk trash about people.


Maybe you got rejected from UVa because they sensed you're the type of person who uses anti-gay slang on the interwebs?

Nicely done, man. Hope you feel manly by keepin' us gay folk down.
Last edited by forward on Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
D. H2Oman
Posts: 7469
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 am

Re: Tough Admissions Cycle So Far - Thoughts

Postby D. H2Oman » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:58 am

btw, I think this slipped by without being properly addressed.

SirWilliam1022 wrote:You have a 2.7 GPA and your butt buddy has an LSAT that is below the median for UPenn. Guess what. You both suck at life. Why don't you make your own posts rather than pissing on other people. The two of you are entirely bereft of societal utility and should give up on life now. Also, don't post your abysmal admissions statistics if you are going to continue to talk trash about people.



Your homophobia is not welcome here. Perhaps one of those clubs was the local campus chapter OF THE WESTBORO BAPTIST CHURCH?!

This is a little too fucking convenient William, if that is even your real name.

justadude55
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Tough Admissions Cycle So Far - Thoughts

Postby justadude55 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:59 am

forward21 wrote:
SirWilliam1022 wrote:You have a 2.7 GPA and your butt buddy has an LSAT that is below the median for UPenn. Guess what. You both suck at life. Why don't you make your own posts rather than pissing on other people. The two of you are entirely bereft of societal utility and should give up on life now. Also, don't post your abysmal admissions statistics if you are going to continue to talk trash about people.


Maybe you got rejected from UVa because they sensed you're the type of person that uses anti-gay slang on the interwebs?

Nicely done, man. Hope you feel manly by keepin' us gay folk down.

lol your post is not funny and homophobic comments aren't funny, but you made him look like such a jerk in that post that it becomes funny.

User avatar
$1.99
Posts: 684
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:49 am

Re: Tough Admissions Cycle So Far - Thoughts

Postby $1.99 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:02 am

this is why i love TLS drama. a simple question about chances can turn into a hate fest in mere minutes.

whymeohgodno
Posts: 2508
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:15 pm

Re: Tough Admissions Cycle So Far - Thoughts

Postby whymeohgodno » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:02 am

$1.99 wrote:this is why i love TLS drama. a simple question about chances can turn into a hate fest in mere minutes.


This can be found just about on any internet forum.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Tough Admissions Cycle So Far - Thoughts

Postby 4102011 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:04 am

justadude55 wrote:
forward21 wrote:
SirWilliam1022 wrote:You have a 2.7 GPA and your butt buddy has an LSAT that is below the median for UPenn. Guess what. You both suck at life. Why don't you make your own posts rather than pissing on other people. The two of you are entirely bereft of societal utility and should give up on life now. Also, don't post your abysmal admissions statistics if you are going to continue to talk trash about people.


Maybe you got rejected from UVa because they sensed you're the type of person that uses anti-gay slang on the interwebs?

Nicely done, man. Hope you feel manly by keepin' us gay folk down.

lol your post is not funny and homophobic comments aren't funny, but you made him look like such a jerk in that post that it becomes funny.


...?

User avatar
TommyK
Posts: 1309
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: Tough Admissions Cycle So Far - Thoughts

Postby TommyK » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:09 am

arism87 wrote:
Deuce wrote:Volunteer work and group leadership?! That truly is tremendous... I would think at least one of HYS would snag you up with a 174 and such tremendous soft factors.


So harsh.

Eh I think Deuce was just pointing out the ridiculousness of him lauding his tremendous softs and in the next breath bemoaning the fact that (s)he has to talk about himself/herself, because OP hates it soooo much. Seemed like false humility or misplaced pride. Snarky? yeah. Harsh? not by TLS standards.

User avatar
D. H2Oman
Posts: 7469
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 am

Re: Tough Admissions Cycle So Far - Thoughts

Postby D. H2Oman » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:10 am

SirWilliam1022 wrote:One of the clubs was an anti gay marriage club. I don't see anything wrong with that , we rallied hard against prop eight in California. I was the leader, I wrote my PS about, about what I did and the evil I was stopping. I don't see how that makes me a homophobe. Being gay is mortal sin, and I will do what it takes to put a stop to homosexual activity.



Dude......ummmm.....I think you might wanna re write that PS. No trolling just straight honest advice. Jeez :shock:

User avatar
irie
Posts: 325
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 9:50 pm

Re: Tough Admissions Cycle So Far - Thoughts

Postby irie » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:10 am

dude... at the end of the day u still have a 174/3.65, stop stressing out. I'll see you in morningside heights next fall

whymeohgodno
Posts: 2508
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:15 pm

Re: Tough Admissions Cycle So Far - Thoughts

Postby whymeohgodno » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:11 am

D. H2Oman wrote:
SirWilliam1022 wrote:One of the clubs was an anti gay marriage club. I don't see anything wrong with that , we rallied hard against prop eight in California. I was the leader, I wrote my PS about, about what I did and the evil I was stopping. I don't see how that makes me a homophobe. Being gay is mortal sin, and I will do what it takes to put a stop to homosexual activity.



Dude......ummmm.....I think you might wanna re write that PS. No trolling just straight honest advice. Jeez :shock:


Wtf lol. PM?

User avatar
Jack Smirks
Posts: 1340
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Tough Admissions Cycle So Far - Thoughts

Postby Jack Smirks » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:11 am

Sir William don't listen to these idiots. I knew a girl who had a 160 3.2 who came in here asking the same questions and she received the same sort of feedback that you are. Well you know what, that girl was president of her pre-law society and had almost 200 hours of community service work. She worked with television for the hearing impaired, volunteered with Alcoholics Anonymous AND was a volunteer sheriff on the weekends. Well you know what, that girl ended up at Harvard.

The last I heard she dropped out to go back to volunteering but that's besides the point. The point is, she made it Sir William, and you Sir, can too.

User avatar
irie
Posts: 325
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 9:50 pm

Re: Tough Admissions Cycle So Far - Thoughts

Postby irie » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:11 am

whymeohgodno wrote:
D. H2Oman wrote:
SirWilliam1022 wrote:One of the clubs was an anti gay marriage club. I don't see anything wrong with that , we rallied hard against prop eight in California. I was the leader, I wrote my PS about, about what I did and the evil I was stopping. I don't see how that makes me a homophobe. Being gay is mortal sin, and I will do what it takes to put a stop to homosexual activity.



Dude......ummmm.....I think you might wanna re write that PS. No trolling just straight honest advice. Jeez :shock:


Wtf lol. PM?



after reading this i would like to tentatively withdraw my earlier response

whymeohgodno
Posts: 2508
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:15 pm

Re: Tough Admissions Cycle So Far - Thoughts

Postby whymeohgodno » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:12 am

naterj wrote:Sir William don't listen to these idiots. I knew a girl who had a 160 3.2 who came in here asking the same questions and she received the same sort of feedback that you are. Well you know what, that girl was president of her pre-law society and had almost 200 hours of community service work. She worked with television for the hearing impaired, volunteered with Alcoholics Anonymous AND was a volunteer sheriff on the weekends. Well you know what, that girl ended up at Harvard.

The last I heard she dropped out to go back to volunteering but that's besides the point. The point is, she made it Sir William, and you Sir, can too.


I'm guessing she was a troll or a URM.

User avatar
D. H2Oman
Posts: 7469
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 am

Re: Tough Admissions Cycle So Far - Thoughts

Postby D. H2Oman » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:12 am

whymeohgodno wrote:
D. H2Oman wrote:
SirWilliam1022 wrote:One of the clubs was an anti gay marriage club. I don't see anything wrong with that , we rallied hard against prop eight in California. I was the leader, I wrote my PS about, about what I did and the evil I was stopping. I don't see how that makes me a homophobe. Being gay is mortal sin, and I will do what it takes to put a stop to homosexual activity.



Dude......ummmm.....I think you might wanna re write that PS. No trolling just straight honest advice. Jeez :shock:


Wtf lol. PM?




Yup. I wrote him to say I was fucking around before and no hard feelings I'm sure his cycle will be just fine. UVA RD is crazy like that, and THAT is what I got as a response.

User avatar
beleaguer
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:00 pm

Re: Tough Admissions Cycle So Far - Thoughts

Postby beleaguer » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:13 am

irie wrote:dude... at the end of the day u still have a 174/3.65, stop stressing out. I'll see you in morningside heights next fall



...oh no. now i can't even decide if i want an acceptance or rejection letter.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests