Tough Admissions Cycle So Far - Thoughts

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Ragged

Re: Tough Admissions Cycle So Far - Thoughts

Postby Ragged » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:20 am

$1.99 wrote:whymeohgodno, why are you so mean to ppl on this board? you dont exactly have a shot at attending anything above georgetown law center so why dont you eat a piece of humble pie and tuck yourself in for a good night's sleep. your dream school is cornell for god's sakes so stop talking so boldly.

Wow that's serious TLS smack. Although, I don't believe in dismissing people on account of where they go to school/their stats.

whyme, this whole thread is a joke ok. Your point about sub par applicant who outperform their numbers by a large margine are in the great majority of cases URMs is fair, but please don't get so upset. When people start taking others seriously like that that's where funny threads go to die.

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:21 am

$1.99 wrote:it is a great school but if someone is shooting for cornell with weak numbers they should not be insulting others with far better numbers

This is just dumb. How are my posts insults? Do you feel insulted? If factual statements make you feel insulted that's your fault not mine. 2+2=4 makes you mad? lololol that's your bad not mine.
Last edited by whymeohgodno on Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

mrmangs

Postby mrmangs » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:22 am

What a desultory thread. :roll:

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:23 am

Someone please lock :cry:

AreJay711

Postby AreJay711 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:23 am

LSpleaseee wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:Why are you so sensitive? Where is my animosity? And what is it with you and deaf people? I don't recall mentioning anything negative about deaf people or people who help deaf people, but what is it with this absurd pedestal that you hold this girl who helped deaf people to?

The only point I made is that in the vast majority of cases, when someone outperforms their numbers by that wide of a margin they tend to be URM. So when I see someone who outperforms their numbers in such a manner, I assume (correctly 99% of the time) that they are a URM. Am I wrong sometimes? Sure. Maybe I'm wrong to assume but don't get so judgmental, people do it all the time everywhere and it's not nearly as a big deal as you make it out to be.

Dude. First, your sarcasm/troll detector is broken. Second, what's with you and trying to start this debate everywhere you go? It's annoying and unnecessary.

So I'm not the only one who has noticed this?

Total Litigator

Postby Total Litigator » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:25 am

hahahaha, This is possibly the most entertaining thread I have ever read. He should have initially posted 174/3.7/Gay-bashing PS. This would have been a lot easier.

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:26 am

Total Litigator wrote:hahahaha, This is possibly the most entertaining thread I have ever read. He should have initially posted 174/3.7/Gay-bashing PS. This would have been a lot easier.

I'm still not sure if those PM's were real.

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:27 am

whymeohgodno wrote:
Total Litigator wrote:hahahaha, This is possibly the most entertaining thread I have ever read. He should have initially posted 174/3.7/Gay-bashing PS. This would have been a lot easier.

We know.

Ragged

Postby Ragged » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:27 am

whymeohgodno wrote:

Sorry to say this, but are you really this dense?

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:28 am

whymeohgodno wrote:The only point I made is that in the vast majority of cases, when someone outperforms their numbers by that wide of a margin they tend to be URM. So when I see someone who outperforms their numbers in such a manner, I assume (correctly 99% of the time) that they are a URM. Am I wrong sometimes? Sure. Maybe I'm wrong to assume but don't get so judgmental, people do it all the time everywhere and it's not nearly as a big deal as you make it out to be.

You have 5 warnings, most of them dealing with AA trolling. The next time I see you using the phrases "AA" or "URM" at all, let alone bringing the topics up in threads not about them, you will be permanently banned.

eskimo wrote:Dear lord can we get a lock?

Granted.

Return to “What are my chances?”