Tough Admissions Cycle So Far - Thoughts

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
FlanAl

Re: Tough Admissions Cycle So Far - Thoughts

Postby FlanAl » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:43 am

welcome to
--ImageRemoved--
TLS?

birdlaw117

Postby birdlaw117 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:45 am

D. H2Oman wrote:lolwtf Just got another PM from Sir William at 1:32 AM

SirWilliam1022 wrote:That's pretty messed up that you would divulge my personal information without my verbal or written consent. You need to grow up. It's clear from your avatar of the young boy that you are yourself a homosexual. I will pray for you. I am done with this heathen website, and you're bad advice you 2.66 barely passing middle school moron. I'll write from Harvard Law in Cambridge Massachusetts. Go to hell

Is it weird that the only thing I'm surprised by in this post is that the PM was at 1:32 AM?

mrmangs

Postby mrmangs » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:45 am

Miracle wrote:
mrmangs wrote:This thread got a lot less entertaining without William. :(

This isn't an amusement park. :lol:

I would ride William, but I don't think he'd appreciate it.

pppokerface

Postby pppokerface » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:47 am

whymeohgodno wrote:
naterj wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:
naterj wrote:Sir William don't listen to these idiots. I knew a girl who had a 160 3.2 who came in here asking the same questions and she received the same sort of feedback that you are. Well you know what, that girl was president of her pre-law society and had almost 200 hours of community service work. She worked with television for the hearing impaired, volunteered with Alcoholics Anonymous AND was a volunteer sheriff on the weekends. Well you know what, that girl ended up at Harvard.

The last I heard she dropped out to go back to volunteering but that's besides the point. The point is, she made it Sir William, and you Sir, can too.

I'm guessing she was a troll or a URM.

What? Why is it whenever someone puts in hard hours of volunteering and outperforms her numbers people assume she's a URM? Granted, you don't hear about this sort of stuff everyday but when it comes along it's extra special. I remember her saying something about instead of actually writing her PS about working with the hearing impaired she sent a video to the school of her telling the story in sign language. Apparently Harvard adcomms really liked her creativity and accepted her.

Why? Because 9 times out of 10 when someone outperforms their numbers by that wide of a margin it is because they are a URM.

It's just heuristics.

so that means that 1/10 chance that its possible
hey we all know it doesnt happen everyday, even to people with outstanding softs, but that doesn't mean that it couldn't happen, just once

Ragged

Postby Ragged » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:47 am

I found SirWilliam's photo that he sent to UVa along with his PS.

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:47 am

naterj wrote:
Miracle wrote:I think naterj is lost.

No, I'm not lost at all, it's clear everyone ITT has something against deaf people and I think that's a shame. They didn't choose to be deaf you know, most of them were born that way or their hearing slowly degenerated from years of listening to loud music. It's still not their fault.

whymeohgodno wrote:Why? Because 9 times out of 10 when someone outperforms their numbers by that wide of a margin it is because they are a URM.
It's just heuristics.

I don't know what this word means but your animosity towards someone who has put so much hard work into helping people watch TV who can't hear is telling. What is it that you have against someone who helps deaf people? Just because she got into Harvard?

Why are you so sensitive? Where is my animosity? And what is it with you and deaf people? I don't recall mentioning anything negative about deaf people or people who help deaf people, but what is it with this absurd pedestal that you hold this girl who helped deaf people to?

The only point I made is that in the vast majority of cases, when someone outperforms their numbers by that wide of a margin they tend to be URM. So when I see someone who outperforms their numbers in such a manner, I assume (correctly 99% of the time) that they are a URM. Am I wrong sometimes? Sure. Maybe I'm wrong to assume but don't get so judgmental, people do it all the time everywhere and it's not nearly as a big deal as you make it out to be.

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:47 am

mrmangs wrote:
Miracle wrote:
mrmangs wrote:This thread got a lot less entertaining without William. :(

This isn't an amusement park. :lol:

I would ride William, but I don't think he'd appreciate it.

Hahahahhahaha

you're crazy!

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:48 am

birdlaw117 wrote:

SirWilliam1022 wrote:That's pretty messed up that you would divulge my personal information without my verbal or written consent. You need to grow up. It's clear from your avatar of the young boy that you are yourself a homosexual. I will pray for you. I am done with this heathen website, and you're bad advice you 2.66 barely passing middle school moron. I'll write from Harvard Law in Cambridge Massachusetts. Go to hell

Is it weird that the only thing I'm surprised by in this post is that the PM was at 1:32 AM?

My bad, my TLS time has been fucked up since daylight savings switched. 12:32

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:49 am

whymeohgodno wrote:
naterj wrote:

No, I'm not lost at all, it's clear everyone ITT has something against deaf people and I think that's a shame. They didn't choose to be deaf you know, most of them were born that way or their hearing slowly degenerated from years of listening to loud music. It's still not their fault.

whymeohgodno wrote:Why? Because 9 times out of 10 when someone outperforms their numbers by that wide of a margin it is because they are a URM.
It's just heuristics.

I don't know what this word means but your animosity towards someone who has put so much hard work into helping people watch TV who can't hear is telling. What is it that you have against someone who helps deaf people? Just because she got into Harvard?

Why are you so sensitive? Where is my animosity? And what is it with you and deaf people? I don't recall mentioning anything negative about deaf people or people who help deaf people, but what is it with this absurd pedestal that you hold this girl who helped deaf people to?

The only point I made is that in the vast majority of cases, when someone outperforms their numbers by that wide of a margin they tend to be URM. So when I see someone who outperforms their numbers in such a manner, I assume (correctly 99% of the time) that they are a URM. Am I wrong sometimes? Sure. Maybe I'm wrong to assume but don't get so judgmental, people do it all the time everywhere and it's not nearly as a big deal as you make it out to be.

methinks the humor is lost on this one.

Dany

Postby Dany » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:49 am

D. H2Oman wrote:My bad, my TLS time has been fucked up since daylight savings switched. 12:32

:D :D :D

mrmangs

Postby mrmangs » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:50 am

D. H2Oman wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:

My bad, my TLS time has been fucked up since daylight savings switched. 12:32

This PM is a bit of stretch Mr. H20man, but I appreciate the effort.

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:50 am

whymeohgodno wrote:
naterj wrote:

It's just heuristics.

What does that have to do with me? You attacked me, and I didn't even say anything?

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:51 am

Miracle wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:
naterj wrote:

It's just heuristics.

What does that have to do with me? You attacked me, and I didn't even say anything?

That post wasn't directed at you lolol, this entire post is full of people misinterpreting which posts are meant for who.

Dany

Postby Dany » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:54 am

Dear lord can we get a lock?

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:00 am

whymeohgodno,

I meant the first one.. you're getting lost on me again.

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:01 am

Miracle wrote:whymeohgodno,

Either way naterj attacked you not me. So why quote me? O.o

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:02 am

whymeohgodno wrote:

Hold on Naterj sent me some pm's about this and you. Let me go grab them.

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:03 am

whymeohgodno wrote:

because you're the one that replied on my statement.

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:04 am

Miracle wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:

because you're the one that replied on my statement.

I replied to naterj. What are people looking at lol.

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:13 am

whymeohgodno wrote:Why are you so sensitive? Where is my animosity? And what is it with you and deaf people? I don't recall mentioning anything negative about deaf people or people who help deaf people, but what is it with this absurd pedestal that you hold this girl who helped deaf people to?

Dude. First, your sarcasm/troll detector is broken. Second, what's with you and trying to start this debate everywhere you go? It's annoying and unnecessary.

$1.99

Postby $1.99 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:13 am

whymeohgodno, why are you so mean to ppl on this board? you dont exactly have a shot at attending anything above georgetown law center so why dont you eat a piece of humble pie and tuck yourself in for a good night's sleep. your dream school is cornell for god's sakes so stop talking so boldly.

pppokerface

Postby pppokerface » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:15 am

whymeohgodno wrote:
naterj wrote:

It's just heuristics.

Its got to say something if despite the general knowledge that people are meaner and more judgmental on the internet, that they are pointing this out to you in particular

Postby 20121109 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:17 am

$1.99 wrote:whymeohgodno, why are you so mean to ppl on this board? you dont exactly have a shot at attending anything above georgetown law center so why dont you eat a piece of humble pie and tuck yourself in for a good night's sleep. your dream school is cornell for god's sakes so stop talking so boldly.

Lol @ Cornell not being a school to talk "so boldly" about...its a pretty damn good school

$1.99

Postby $1.99 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:19 am

it is a great school but if someone is shooting for cornell with weak numbers they should not be insulting others with far better numbers

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:19 am

$1.99 wrote:whymeohgodno, why are you so mean to ppl on this board? you dont exactly have a shot at attending anything above georgetown law center so why dont you eat a piece of humble pie and tuck yourself in for a good night's sleep. your dream school is cornell for god's sakes so stop talking so boldly.

How does my LSAT/GPA have anything to do with what I posted? I need to have CCN numbers to post about something completely irrelevant to my numbers?

Lolol, you're reaching at straws here buddy. At least reply with something relevant.

Return to “What are my chances?”