Tough Admissions Cycle So Far - Thoughts Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
whymeohgodno

Gold

Re: Tough Admissions Cycle So Far - Thoughts

Post by whymeohgodno » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:13 am

D. H2Oman wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:
D. H2Oman wrote:
SirWilliam1022 wrote:One of the clubs was an anti gay marriage club. I don't see anything wrong with that , we rallied hard against prop eight in California. I was the leader, I wrote my PS about, about what I did and the evil I was stopping. I don't see how that makes me a homophobe. Being gay is mortal sin, and I will do what it takes to put a stop to homosexual activity.

Dude......ummmm.....I think you might wanna re write that PS. No trolling just straight honest advice. Jeez :shock:
Wtf lol. PM?

Yup. I wrote him to say I was fucking around before and no hard feelings I'm sure his cycle will be just fine. UVA RD is crazy like that, and THAT is what I got as a response.
Yeah, I think adcomms lean to the left lolol.

Ragged

Silver

Post by Ragged » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:13 am

This thread is just awesome. H2Oman is really rocking out.

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:14 am

D. H2Oman wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:
D. H2Oman wrote:
SirWilliam1022 wrote:One of the clubs was an anti gay marriage club. I don't see anything wrong with that , we rallied hard against prop eight in California. I was the leader, I wrote my PS about, about what I did and the evil I was stopping. I don't see how that makes me a homophobe. Being gay is mortal sin, and I will do what it takes to put a stop to homosexual activity.

Dude......ummmm.....I think you might wanna re write that PS. No trolling just straight honest advice. Jeez :shock:
Wtf lol. PM?

Yup. I wrote him to say I was fucking around before and no hard feelings I'm sure his cycle will be just fine. UVA RD is crazy like that, and THAT is what I got as a response.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

My sensibilities are offended.

mrmangs

Silver

Post by mrmangs » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:16 am

I don't know if that PM was concocted or real (if not, that is some amazing trolling sir... you got his voice down). Either way, William is getting owned, and this thread is hilarious. :lol:

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:16 am

$1.99 wrote:this is why i love TLS drama. a simple question about chances can turn into a hate fest in mere minutes.
WELCOME TO THE INTERWEBZ, GENIUS.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Deuce

Silver

Post by Deuce » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:19 am

whymeohgodno wrote:
naterj wrote:Sir William don't listen to these idiots. I knew a girl who had a 160 3.2 who came in here asking the same questions and she received the same sort of feedback that you are. Well you know what, that girl was president of her pre-law society and had almost 200 hours of community service work. She worked with television for the hearing impaired, volunteered with Alcoholics Anonymous AND was a volunteer sheriff on the weekends. Well you know what, that girl ended up at Harvard.

The last I heard she dropped out to go back to volunteering but that's besides the point. The point is, she made it Sir William, and you Sir, can too.
I'm guessing she was a troll or a URM.
I remember her, not URM. She proved the boards wrong and showed how tremendous softs can truly overcome anything else in your application. However, she also go UVa RD and didn't get deferred to Cornell.... this could pose as a big problem for Prince William.

justadude55

Silver

Post by justadude55 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:23 am

she probably did not write her PS on banning homosexuality.

Jack Smirks

Silver

Post by Jack Smirks » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:23 am

whymeohgodno wrote:
naterj wrote:Sir William don't listen to these idiots. I knew a girl who had a 160 3.2 who came in here asking the same questions and she received the same sort of feedback that you are. Well you know what, that girl was president of her pre-law society and had almost 200 hours of community service work. She worked with television for the hearing impaired, volunteered with Alcoholics Anonymous AND was a volunteer sheriff on the weekends. Well you know what, that girl ended up at Harvard.

The last I heard she dropped out to go back to volunteering but that's besides the point. The point is, she made it Sir William, and you Sir, can too.
What? Why is it whenever someone puts in hard hours of volunteering and outperforms her numbers people assume she's a URM? Granted, you don't hear about this sort of stuff everyday but when it comes along it's extra special. I remember her saying something about instead of actually writing her PS about working with the hearing impaired she sent a video to the school of her telling the story in sign language. Apparently Harvard adcomms really liked her creativity and accepted her.

ExpectLess

Bronze

Post by ExpectLess » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:24 am

D. H2Oman wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:
D. H2Oman wrote:

Wtf lol. PM?

You're writing to a group of intelligent, educated, worldly adcomms about denying rights to a class of individuals? Wrong audience. You're not applying to work for Christine O'Donnell here.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Miracle

Silver

Post by Miracle » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:26 am

Was that PS for real or was it a joke?

whymeohgodno

Gold

Post by whymeohgodno » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:27 am

naterj wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:

What? Why is it whenever someone puts in hard hours of volunteering and outperforms her numbers people assume she's a URM? Granted, you don't hear about this sort of stuff everyday but when it comes along it's extra special. I remember her saying something about instead of actually writing her PS about working with the hearing impaired she sent a video to the school of her telling the story in sign language. Apparently Harvard adcomms really liked her creativity and accepted her.
Why? Because 9 times out of 10 when someone outperforms their numbers by that wide of a margin it is because they are a URM.

It's just heuristics.

D. H2Oman

Platinum

Post by D. H2Oman » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:29 am

Miracle wrote:Was that PS for real or was it a joke?

The PM seemed serious. Can't say for sure, but it'd be a weird lie, considering everything else he posted in this thread.

Jack Smirks

Silver

Post by Jack Smirks » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:30 am

Wtf? Working with the hearing impaired is not something to joke about.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:32 am

D. H2Oman wrote:

The PM seemed serious. Can't say for sure, but it'd be a weird lie, considering everything else he posted in this thread.
:lol:
:lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Montevillian

Bronze

Post by Montevillian » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:32 am

naterj wrote:
Thanks for this post, because up until this point, I was having an extremely difficult time figuring out if this whole line of discussion was serious or not. :oops:

Deuce

Silver

Post by Deuce » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:33 am

whymeohgodno wrote:
Why? Because 9 times out of 10 when someone outperforms their numbers by that wide of a margin it is because they are a URM.

It's just heuristics.
I think the situation may have been bereft of heuristics, actually. Her demonstration of antipelargy towards those she served made her quite leeftail in her admissions cycle.

Miracle

Silver

Post by Miracle » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:33 am

naterj wrote:
What in the world are you talking about? I was referring to OP, and his statement about homosexuality.
Last edited by Miracle on Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Miracle

Silver

Post by Miracle » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:36 am

Montevillian wrote:
naterj wrote:
Thanks for this post, because up until this point, I was having an extremely difficult time figuring out if this whole line of discussion was serious or not. :oops:
I think naterj is lost. I was referring to OP's statement...

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:37 am

This thread went from being inane to awesome to shitty really fast.

mrmangs

Silver

Post by mrmangs » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:37 am

This thread got a lot less entertaining without William. :(

Miracle

Silver

Post by Miracle » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:40 am

mrmangs wrote:This thread got a lot less entertaining without William. :(
This isn't an amusement park. :lol:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Jack Smirks

Silver

Post by Jack Smirks » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:41 am

Miracle wrote:I think naterj is lost.
No, I'm not lost at all, it's clear everyone ITT has something against deaf people and I think that's a shame. They didn't choose to be deaf you know, most of them were born that way or their hearing slowly degenerated from years of listening to loud music. It's still not their fault.
whymeohgodno wrote:Why? Because 9 times out of 10 when someone outperforms their numbers by that wide of a margin it is because they are a URM.
It's just heuristics.
I don't know what this word means but your animosity towards someone who has put so much hard work into helping people watch TV who can't hear is telling. What is it that you have against someone who helps deaf people? Just because she got into Harvard?

ExpectLess

Bronze

Post by ExpectLess » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:41 am

Miracle wrote:
Montevillian wrote:
naterj wrote:
I think naterj is lost. I was referring to OP's statement...
I still am having a hard time believing this is real. Someone who can score a 174 can't piece together that academia has a general disinclination toward horribly offensive moral positions?

At any rate, sucky cycle problem sleuthed!

D. H2Oman

Platinum

Post by D. H2Oman » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:41 am

lolwtf Just got another PM from Sir William at 1:32 AM
SirWilliam1022 wrote:That's pretty messed up that you would divulge my personal information without my verbal or written consent. You need to grow up. It's clear from your avatar of the young boy that you are yourself a homosexual. I will pray for you. I am done with this heathen website, and you're bad advice you 2.66 barely passing middle school moron. I'll write from Harvard Law in Cambridge Massachusetts. Go to hell

lzyovrachievr

Gold

Post by lzyovrachievr » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:42 am

IBTL yet?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”