Chances at Penn, NYU, Cornell?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
UPennLaw

New

Chances at Penn, NYU, Cornell?

Postby UPennLaw » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:07 pm

I have a 3.4x and a 173 with average softs (work experience in local and federal government, involvement in student government, ect.), with good LoR's (all of them sent me a copy).

I want to practice in NYC after law school so I'm looking at the schools above as my best options - I applied to CLS as well since they gave me a fee waiver but I don't expect to have any chance there. I've already sent out all my applications and I wrote 2/3 Why Penn Essays because its where I really want to go. I've used LSN and LSP but I know that splitter cycles (even soft ones like mine) can be difficult to predict so I was hoping for a little bit of human opinion here.

Thanks for the help.

dabbadon8

Silver

Re: Chances at Penn, NYU, Cornell?

Postby dabbadon8 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:11 pm

Just got into cornell with those same numbers... As for the others, I haven't seen much good news on LSN, I know of like two people who got NYU with those numbers. I think part of it will be when you apply and how competitive it is this year.

let/them/eat/cake

Silver

Postby let/them/eat/cake » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:13 pm

out at NYU, in at Cornell. For Penn my advice would be put a ring on it. That is, ED--i think that'd lock it up. Probably a pretty good shot anyway if you apply early.

im_blue

Gold

Postby im_blue » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:16 pm

out at CLS and NYU
50/50 at Penn
in at Cornell

Since you've already applied, see if you can switch to Penn ED.

Return to “What are my chances??