3.3/170/WE chances

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
alliemcd

3.3/170/WE chances

Postby alliemcd » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:36 pm

I have a 3.3 from UCLA with a strong upwards grade trend (3.6 major/3.7 minor). 170 LSAT. 3 years of really great leadership-oriented WE, and strong extracurriculars and current volunteer/leadership activities. Non-URM.

I've already sent in GULC, Cornell, UVA, doing UCLA & NU, and wondering what you think my chances are/if it's worth my money to apply to Michigan, Duke, Penn. Not T14 but do you think I have a shot at Texas or USC? Applying to GW & WUSTL too.

Thank you!

tourdeforcex

Re: 3.3/170/WE chances

Postby tourdeforcex » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:31 pm

for chances check out http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com

aggregate information you find off TLS won't be significantly better than LSP.

i'd say apply Michigan, Duke, and Penn. why not? worth your money--law school application fees as a percentage of the cost of law school is negligible. w/ a 170 (congrats, i would love a 170) and 3y WE, you have a shot at all three (a shot meaning 25% +). and if you're already applying UVA, definitely apply Texas and USC.

best wishes.

Law Sauce

Postby Law Sauce » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:29 am

My numbers are somewhat close to yours and I say why not. I mean I'm not talking about HYS, but why not try MVP, and wherever else you want to try. I mean how many other times can 100 buck change your life forever.

Law Sauce

Postby Law Sauce » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:31 am

Although I shouldn't say that because now you may be competing with me ;)

krad

Postby krad » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:22 pm

alliemcd wrote:I have a 3.3 from UCLA with a strong upwards grade trend (3.6 major/3.7 minor). 170 LSAT. 3 years of really great leadership-oriented WE, and strong extracurriculars and current volunteer/leadership activities. Non-URM.

I've already sent in GULC, Cornell, UVA, doing UCLA & NU, and wondering what you think my chances are/if it's worth my money to apply to Michigan, Duke, Penn. Not T14 but do you think I have a shot at Texas or USC? Applying to GW & WUSTL too.

Thank you!

Wow twin :shock: , softs and all, minus your better LSAT score and... perhaps you're a dude?

In all seriousness though, if you have the $ to apply, and you'd like to go to that school, then why not try for it? I used LSP and LSN to some extent, but I had saved up some $ and went for a lot of schools, including NU, GULC, UCLA, UT, Vandy and many others on down. You can check my LSN (in my prof) for the complete list. I'd be content going almost anywhere that I applied, and stoked for any of the above-named schools.

Best of luck! Bruins represent :)

Return to “What are my chances?”