Chances?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
ssj752

Chances?

Postby ssj752 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:58 am

3.16 currently. Will graduate with near a 3.23 in three weeks.
LSAT: 160
URM: Peruvian/Colombian
First generation American
Employed formerly as File Clerk for two law offices in Tallahassee area.
I will spare you the rest of my softs as it seems they are relatively irrelevant.

LSU
Univ of Richmond
FSU
Washington and Lee
Alabama
Stetson
Univ of Houston
Texas Tech

as well as a handful of other schools in the South that range from safety schools to reaches.

cartercl

Re: Chances?

Postby cartercl » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:03 am

Can't speak on the other schools, but I think you're in at LSU. I don't think you'll get any money though as LSU tends to favor high GPA applicants for merit scholarships.
Last edited by cartercl on Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:36 am

I do not believe Peruvian/Colombia counts as a significant URM.

FuManChusco

Postby FuManChusco » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:41 am

whymeohgodno wrote:I do not believe Peruvian/Colombia counts as a significant URM.

CW says you are right. OP, I don't know enough about those schools to guess, but check out lsn. I would guess WL/out at Washington and Lee.

ssj752

Postby ssj752 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:30 am

According to what I have read, South Americans are not considered significant URM. Despite not receiving as large of a boost as other Hispanics such as Mexicans or Puerto Ricans, I do believe that there may be potential for a slight boost.

That is unfortunate about LSU. Out of all the schools I visited, LSU prevailed as my favorite. Yet I would probably need a scholarship to attend as I would be considered out of state.

cartercl

Postby cartercl » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:15 am

ssj752 wrote:According to what I have read, South Americans are not considered significant URM. Despite not receiving as large of a boost as other Hispanics such as Mexicans or Puerto Ricans, I do believe that there may be potential for a slight boost.

That is unfortunate about LSU. Out of all the schools I visited, LSU prevailed as my favorite. Yet I would probably need a scholarship to attend as I would be considered out of state.

You might have a shot at some money; I'm just not sure it's going to be enough to get you to come all the way to Louisiana. I will say in-state tuition is extremely cheap for LA residents. So it could very well be that the majority of merit aid goes to out-of-state applicants. I'm just not sure if your GPA is going to be high enough to make the cut (although it is good). Hope it works out for you though. LSU is nice.

Return to “What are my chances?”