3.7/158 History Major

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
beach_terror

Re: 3.7/158 History Major

Postby beach_terror » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:46 pm

TommyK wrote:
rad law wrote:
IamAskier wrote:I agree, I guess I already have made up my mind, and this thread seems to have gone a little off topic. The original question was regarding my chances; I guess discussing the rational behind obtaining a law degree hijacked it a bit.

It's a valid hijack.

Agreed. It's like somebody asking, "What's my chance of crossing this huge canyon with my motorcycle?" and then people saying, "uhhh... maybe you should not try?"* Not sure it's not so much hijacking so much as questioning an underlying premise. But good luck on the whole life-altering decision made without significant consideration thing!

*I love bad metaphors.

Yes, let's do some serious over-exaggerating instead.

TommyK

Postby TommyK » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:11 pm

beach_terror wrote:
TommyK wrote:
rad law wrote:
IamAskier wrote:I agree, I guess I already have made up my mind, and this thread seems to have gone a little off topic. The original question was regarding my chances; I guess discussing the rational behind obtaining a law degree hijacked it a bit.

It's a valid hijack.

Agreed. It's like somebody asking, "What's my chance of crossing this huge canyon with my motorcycle?" and then people saying, "uhhh... maybe you should not try?"* Not sure it's not so much hijacking so much as questioning an underlying premise. But good luck on the whole life-altering decision made without significant consideration thing!

*I love bad metaphors.

Yes, let's do some serious over-exaggerating instead.

Jumping across a canyon too much? You let me know what the appropriate amount to exaggerate is when you have a soul-crushing amount of debt with no desire to practice in a field that will allow you to expect to pay it off.

IamAskier

Postby IamAskier » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:09 pm

For the record I have never said that I don't have the desire to practice law... and the decision was anything but sudden.

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:14 pm

IamAskier wrote:For the record I have never said that I don't have the desire to practice law... and the decision was anything but sudden.

Doesn't really change the job prospects though.

reverendt

Postby reverendt » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:16 pm

irenic wrote:
atresia wrote:Retake. You can get some good scholarship money at T2s if you raise your LSAT 5 points or so.

He would likely get into several T1s with a 3.7/163. Why bother w/ the T2s at that point?

Because the T1's OP would get into wouldn't be T14 or even probably top 25. So he'd probably be better off taking the $$$ than paying sticker at a 40-something school.

Return to “What are my chances?”