3.45/174

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
BeachedBrit

Re: 3.45/174

Postby BeachedBrit » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:35 am

trudat15 wrote:Ignoring the debate on debt, OP I would say you're in UofC ED. Wasnt worth the risk of WL hell, which is what I mainly see our numbers getting at Chicago RD (both from LSN and people PMing me when I posted this same thread months ago).
Plus it's not like we were getting any money from CCN anyways, and I personally would take CCN at sticker over the small $$ we would get from MVP (being below everyone's 25th GPA, we're not getting substantial $$$ anywhere, I dont think).

This is exactly what was going through my head combined with Columbia was a bit more of a risk. Also I preferred Chicago to Columbia.

As far as debt I'm just going to work to minimize it, spend as little as reasonable while I'm there (doesn't save me relatively much I know) and try really hard for a Biglaw SA during 1L and 2L summers. I also have the option of parent financing at 2.75% with interest beginning 6 months after school which makes the debt a little less scary. Funny conversation with my dad by the way bargaining over rate.

trudat15

Postby trudat15 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:38 pm

BeachedBrit wrote:
trudat15 wrote:Ignoring the debate on debt, OP I would say you're in UofC ED. Wasnt worth the risk of WL hell, which is what I mainly see our numbers getting at Chicago RD (both from LSN and people PMing me when I posted this same thread months ago).
Plus it's not like we were getting any money from CCN anyways, and I personally would take CCN at sticker over the small $$ we would get from MVP (being below everyone's 25th GPA, we're not getting substantial $$$ anywhere, I dont think).

This is exactly what was going through my head combined with Columbia was a bit more of a risk. Also I preferred Chicago to Columbia.

As far as debt I'm just going to work to minimize it, spend as little as reasonable while I'm there (doesn't save me relatively much I know) and try really hard for a Biglaw SA during 1L and 2L summers. I also have the option of parent financing at 2.75% with interest beginning 6 months after school which makes the debt a little less scary. Funny conversation with my dad by the way bargaining over rate.

Thats awesome. Great low rate and no interest accrued until after school. Good luck with your ED. I think we hear back on 12/17!

joemoviebuff

Postby joemoviebuff » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:01 pm

BeachedBrit wrote:

Can I talk to your dad about a loan?

awahoya

Postby awahoya » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:07 am

I'm interested to see where ya end up- I have very similar numbers- good luck!

Return to “What are my chances?”