Submit Add't Info to UT? 167/3.36/URM

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

Submit Add't Info to UT? 167/3.36/URM

Postby asuusa » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:20 am

Hi! My numbers are 167/3.36/URM (Mex. Am). I've already submitted my app to UT (before Halloween), and I've yet to hear anything. I suspect I'm REALLY close to being rejected outright, and it feels like I'm fighting for my life. As UT is my ultimate #1 school- my dream, would it make sense for me, now, to submit a 1-page "Why Texas?" I didn't put anything unique in my originial app, thinking I didn't need to, but now I realize that although I'm Out of State, I grew up in Texas, and I could offer the committee hopefully more reasons to accept me.

Is it too late and I'm screwed? How would I even go about submitting the extra piece anyway? Do I have a shot at UT or am I just wasting my time?

Re: Submit Add't Info to UT? 167/3.36/URM

Postby SupraVln180 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:44 pm

don't stress it, being a URM, you could send your app in crayon and get into UT with your numbers.

Re: Submit Add't Info to UT? 167/3.36/URM

Postby JazzOne » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:46 pm

I hate to keep repeating this because if everyone does it then it's worthless. But I submitted an addendum after being held for RD. The adcomms I spoke to about it seemed to welcome the additional information. Then again, I asked one of the adcomms if it would be ok before I actually sent it in.

Return to “What are my chances?”