179/4.0

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
User avatar
PinkCow
Posts: 786
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:03 am

Re: 179/4.0

Postby PinkCow » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:42 am

D-ROCCA wrote:Wow. Just googled anteaters. Some anteaters are marsupials. Some are regular mammals. Some lay eggs. Who knew?


Some anteaters are marsupials and some anteaters are regular mammals. Furthermore some lay eggs. Finally, if an anteater is in a thread, the thread has become derailed.

If the statements above are true, which one of the following must be true?

a) All anteaters eat ants
b) An anteater is in this thread
c) This thread is a flame
d) Some anteaters do not lay eggs
e) This thread has become derailed

User avatar
fragged
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:52 pm

Re: 179/4.0

Postby fragged » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:40 am

ED to Princeton

User avatar
2014
Posts: 5834
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: 179/4.0

Postby 2014 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:29 am

Ragged wrote:You have no chance with eit. This is what you are really asking right?

:lol:

gambelda
Posts: 300
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:44 am

Re: 179/4.0

Postby gambelda » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:55 am

If this is in fact a real post, I hope you burn in hell. Stop destroying this forum with idiotic posts. HYS should browse these forums and DENY posters like this for their straight idiocy

User avatar
kkklick
Posts: 1021
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Re: 179/4.0

Postby kkklick » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:00 am

Let's be real here, you're not askin gabout your chances, you just want everyone to know you have a 4.0 179, people like you make me sick. At least the marsupials gave me a good laugh.

User avatar
pppokerface
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:45 pm

Re: 179/4.0

Postby pppokerface » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:01 pm

Why is it that every thread you start is hilarious? lolololol

acrossthelake
Posts: 4431
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 5:27 pm

Re: 179/4.0

Postby acrossthelake » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:19 pm

2014 wrote:
Ragged wrote:You have no chance with eit. This is what you are really asking right?

:lol:

User avatar
maxm2764
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 6:12 pm

Re: 179/4.0

Postby maxm2764 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:35 pm

cornell wrote:Can you guys access my chance for scholarships? I'm only interested in schools that can offer me a full ride or at least something generous. I have a 166 before the 179 I got this past Oct. Thanks.

My stats:

GPA: 4.0, from Cornell
LSAT: cancel, 166, 179


FTFY.

Edit: That eit thread was the best thread of the year.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: 179/4.0

Postby 4102011 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:40 pm

acrossthelake wrote:
2014 wrote:
Ragged wrote:You have no chance with eit. This is what you are really asking right?

:lol:


Hehehe

kehoema2
Posts: 135
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:52 pm

Re: 179/4.0

Postby kehoema2 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:53 pm

My favorite part about your post is how you have to post Cornell next to your GPA as if it is not apparent from your username. Always love guys like you that take any chance they get to throw their school name around.

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: 179/4.0

Postby Bildungsroman » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:55 pm

cornell wrote:GPA: 4.0, from Cornell


Have you considered incorporating Cornell into your avatar as well? I think it would more fully settle the question of where you went to college.

User avatar
seespotrun
Posts: 2395
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:36 am

Re: 179/4.0

Postby seespotrun » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:03 pm

179/4.0 -- assess =/= access. Flame.

User avatar
cornell
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:21 am

Re: 179/4.0

Postby cornell » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:01 am

kkklick wrote:Let's be real here, you're not askin gabout your chances, you just want everyone to know you have a 4.0 179, people like you make me sick. At least the marsupials gave me a good laugh.


wtf are you talking about? read my question before posting. btw if all I wanted to do is to show off my numbers, then I wouldn't bother telling you about the cancel and the 166 I have on my record, I would've simply told you I got a 179.

User avatar
cornell
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:21 am

Re: 179/4.0

Postby cornell » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:15 am

seespotrun wrote:179/4.0 -- assess =/= access. Flame.


why would you say that? honestly I simply don't understand the mentality behind your reasoning. why, does a 179 and a 4.0 sound impossible to you? Welcome to TLS.

User avatar
im_blue
Posts: 3276
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:53 am

Re: 179/4.0

Postby im_blue » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:19 am

Based on numbers alone, you have a shot at full rides at CCN and MVP. I wouldn't turn down HYS for MVP $$$, but CCN $$$ would be a tougher choice.

User avatar
cornell
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:21 am

Re: 179/4.0

Postby cornell » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:21 am

im_blue wrote:Based on numbers alone, you have a shot at full rides at CCN and MVP. I wouldn't turn down HYS for MVP $$$, but CCN $$$ would be a tougher choice.


Thanks, do you know if the schools ever pay for living expense(dorm)?

chenghsiang
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:00 am

Re: 179/4.0

Postby chenghsiang » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:22 am

166 and then 179, wouldn't these two numbers be averaged out by law schools? Then with a 172 average, I don't think getting a full ride scholarship is that easy.

User avatar
im_blue
Posts: 3276
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:53 am

Re: 179/4.0

Postby im_blue » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:24 am

cornell wrote:
im_blue wrote:Based on numbers alone, you have a shot at full rides at CCN and MVP. I wouldn't turn down HYS for MVP $$$, but CCN $$$ would be a tougher choice.


Thanks, do you know if the schools ever pay for living expense(dorm)?

Not any T14 AFAIK. I believe GW's full ride includes a housing stipend, but that's too far down for your numbers.
Last edited by im_blue on Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
cornell
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:21 am

Re: 179/4.0

Postby cornell » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:24 am

chenghsiang wrote:166 and then 179, wouldn't these two numbers be averaged out by law schools? Then with a 172 average, I don't think getting a full ride scholarship is that easy.


right I agree, but I think some schools take the higher score? regardless, the 166 is definitely a complicating factor in my app.

chenghsiang
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:00 am

Re: 179/4.0

Postby chenghsiang » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:27 am

cornell wrote:
chenghsiang wrote:166 and then 179, wouldn't these two numbers be averaged out by law schools? Then with a 172 average, I don't think getting a full ride scholarship is that easy.


right I agree, but I think some schools take the higher score? regardless, the 166 is definitely a complicating factor in my app.


"Some" schools. Harvard takes the average.

User avatar
cornell
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:21 am

Re: 179/4.0

Postby cornell » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:28 am

im_blue wrote:
cornell wrote:
im_blue wrote:Based on numbers alone, you have a shot at full rides at CCN and MVP. I wouldn't turn down HYS for MVP $$$, but CCN $$$ would be a tougher choice.


Thanks, do you know if the schools ever pay for living expense(dorm)?

Not any T14 AFAIK. I believe GW's full ride includes a housing stipend, but that's too far down for your numbers.


ic, thanks. yeah I'm asking this because based on my budget right now, I'm only comfortable with paying for living, since I won't be able to work full-time during the 3 years at law school.

User avatar
im_blue
Posts: 3276
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:53 am

Re: 179/4.0

Postby im_blue » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:33 am

cornell wrote:
im_blue wrote:
cornell wrote:
im_blue wrote:Based on numbers alone, you have a shot at full rides at CCN and MVP. I wouldn't turn down HYS for MVP $$$, but CCN $$$ would be a tougher choice.


Thanks, do you know if the schools ever pay for living expense(dorm)?

Not any T14 AFAIK. I believe GW's full ride includes a housing stipend, but that's too far down for your numbers.


ic, thanks. yeah I'm asking this because based on my budget right now, I'm only comfortable with paying for living, since I won't be able to work full-time during the 3 years at law school.

Are you opposed to taking out any loans at all?

User avatar
4for44
Posts: 209
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:05 pm

Re: 179/4.0

Postby 4for44 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:35 am

cornell wrote:
im_blue wrote:
cornell wrote:
im_blue wrote:Based on numbers alone, you have a shot at full rides at CCN and MVP. I wouldn't turn down HYS for MVP $$$, but CCN $$$ would be a tougher choice.


Thanks, do you know if the schools ever pay for living expense(dorm)?

Not any T14 AFAIK. I believe GW's full ride includes a housing stipend, but that's too far down for your numbers.


ic, thanks. yeah I'm asking this because based on my budget right now, I'm only comfortable with paying for living, since I won't be able to work full-time during the 3 years at law school.


Obvious post is obvious... come on man... I thought you graduated from cornell
(thats supposed to be a good school right?) Image

You should know not to take $$$ at MVP over HYS... amortized over your life of work and with the loan repayment for PI... loans at HYS are really manageable...

In all seriousness.. you should be going to a top top school, don't let debt aversion hold you back from your potential...

User avatar
cornell
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:21 am

Re: 179/4.0

Postby cornell » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:35 am

Are you opposed to taking out any loans at all?


hmm honestly I hate the idea of being in debt, but that's just me, and I don't wanna burden my parent for my grad school education. That's why I retook the LSAT, otherwise I would've wanted to apply last year.

whymeohgodno
Posts: 2508
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:15 pm

Re: 179/4.0

Postby whymeohgodno » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:38 am

Go to Cornell lololol




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GruffGadfly and 4 guests