170 / 3.86 asian

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
lkk

Re: 170 / 3.86 asian

Postby lkk » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:59 pm

AssumptionRequired wrote:
catsparka wrote:
hellome wrote:are you international?

So.. not to completely hijack this thread but what effect does being international have on one's admissions chances?

Basically you get a rating among your peers/school and what really matters is your LSAT.

International students have significantly more weight put on their LSAT since law schools dont have to report their GPA

Kinda off the topic, what if you are international (not US citizen) and goes to UG in the US?

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:46 pm

lkk wrote:
AssumptionRequired wrote:International students have significantly more weight put on their LSAT since law schools dont have to report their GPA

Kinda off the topic, what if you are international (not US citizen) and goes to UG in the US?

Any U.S. UG student will have their GPA counted. Foreign UG students' GPAs do not count.

alicen

Postby alicen » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:51 pm

just wanted to update for anyone with similar numbers who might be in my position:

ended up retaking in december based on advice in this thread, but canceled my score because i really messed up the logic games. thought i was doomed for WL/rejects from my top choices. in january i got into nyu and columbia (faculty review at berkeley...wah). so there is hope! :)

Near

Postby Near » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:06 pm

Wow happy ending to this thread. Well done, congrats!

Return to “What are my chances?”