UNLV/ Brooklyn: 3.74/161 Good softs but 5 Ws on transcript.

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
GJW

UNLV/ Brooklyn: 3.74/161 Good softs but 5 Ws on transcript.

Postby GJW » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:56 am

I'm a midwesterner with a 3.74 GPA; 161 LSAT and I think my softs are strong,three semesters of my undergrad were done in a South American university, I'm GLBT. But I'm worried because this current semester I had to withdraw from 3 courses due to a family situation and that brings my total Ws on my transcript to 5. I know my numbers are solid for UNLV but how badly do the Ws affect me and also do I have a chance at a scholarship? I am retaking the LSAT in December, so hopefully that score will go up as well.

FuManChusco

Re: UNLV/ Brooklyn: 3.74/161 Good softs but 5 Ws on transcript.

Postby FuManChusco » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:41 am

GJW wrote:I'm a midwesterner with a 3.74 GPA; 161 LSAT and I think my softs are strong,three semesters of my undergrad were done in a South American university, I'm GLBT. But I'm worried because this current semester I had to withdraw from 3 courses due to a family situation and that brings my total Ws on my transcript to 5. I know my numbers are solid for UNLV but how badly do the Ws affect me and also do I have a chance at a scholarship? I am retaking the LSAT in December, so hopefully that score will go up as well.

Ws count as Fs. you're going to be in deep shit when you see your LSDAS GPA. also, softs don't really matter at all. sorry to break it to you.

tesoro

Postby tesoro » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:02 pm

What? I had a W. It didn't weigh in at all.

OP - I don't think that the adcomms give a shit about your W's. All they are about are things that will bring up their USNWR rankings, which W's have no bearing on. You should be good to go.

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:14 pm

FuManChusco wrote:
GJW wrote:I'm a midwesterner with a 3.74 GPA; 161 LSAT and I think my softs are strong,three semesters of my undergrad were done in a South American university, I'm GLBT. But I'm worried because this current semester I had to withdraw from 3 courses due to a family situation and that brings my total Ws on my transcript to 5. I know my numbers are solid for UNLV but how badly do the Ws affect me and also do I have a chance at a scholarship? I am retaking the LSAT in December, so hopefully that score will go up as well.

Ws count as Fs. you're going to be in deep shit when you see your LSDAS GPA. also, softs don't really matter at all. sorry to break it to you.

They do NOT! You need to do more research!

FuManChusco

Postby FuManChusco » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:28 pm

Woosh.

Dr. Strangelove

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:35 pm

I don't think they count W's as F's.. I've heard it has to do with the nature of the withdrawal. (e.g: Punitive withdrawals are considered F's, while voluntary withdrawals are just ignored..)

FuManChusco

Postby FuManChusco » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:39 pm

Dr. Strangelove wrote:I don't think they count W's as F's.. I've heard it has to do with the nature of the withdrawal. (e.g: Punitive withdrawals are considered F's, while voluntary withdrawals are just ignored..)

This is correct. I was joking, which no one realized. I guess I'm just a troll at this point. OP should be fine.

Return to “What are my chances?”